__Kristie Haerim Ahn__ - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #1
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute
__Kristie Haerim Ahn__

This is the cheering thread for Kristie Ahn who just got her first ranking on July 7,2008!
I dont know anything about her yet but she has impressed me with her results...

DOB: June 15, 1992 (I think that makes her 16)

0 WTA Titles
2 ITF Singles Titles
0 Doubles Titles

Prize Money$3,455 $3,455

Win Loss Record - Singles 10-1 10-1
Win Loss Record - Doubles 0-1 0-1

$10,000 Houston, TX USA
C10 17 Jun 2008 to 22 Jun 2008 Entry : Q Hard (I)
Maindraw:
32 W Jamie HAMPTON (USA) 6-3 4-6 6-2
16 W Ellah NZE (USA) 6-3 7-6(5)
QF W Amanda MCDOWELL (USA) 6-0 6-2
SF W Sanaz MARAND (USA) 6-4 6-3
FR W Chin-Wei CHAN (TPE) 7-6(7) 0-6 7-6(2)
Qualifying:
64 W Manuela LEME (BRA) 6-0 6-0
32 W Christy STRIPLIN (USA) 6-2 6-1
16 W Chieh-Yu HSU (USA) 3-6 6-2 6-0

$25,000 El Paso, TX USA
C25 10 Jun 2008 to 15 Jun 2008 Entry : WC Hard (I)
32 L Gabriela PAZ (VEN) 0-6 0-6

$10,000 Landisville, PA USA
C10 20 May 2008 to 25 May 2008 Entry : WC Hard (I)
32 W Dominika DIESKOVA (SVK) 7-6(4) 6-2
16 W Stefania BOFFA (SUI) 6-1 6-3
QF W Sloane A STEPHENS (USA) 7-5 6-1
SF W Maria-Fernanda ALVAREZ-TERAN (BOL) 6-0 6-0
FR W Rebecca MARINO (CAN) 6-3 2-6 6-3

DOUBLES

$10,000 Landisville, PA USA
C10 20 May 2008 to 25 May 2008 Entry : WC Hard (I)
partnering Alexandra CERCONE (USA)
16 L DIESKOVA (SVK) / MARINO (CAN) 7-5 5-7 [7-10]

Won 2 ITF Titles!
Won her 1st one on her debut...

Great Results!
Help cheer on Kristie Ahn!

Impressive?

Last edited by ArturoAce. : Jul 8th, 2008 at 09:50 PM.
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #2
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: __Kristie Haerim Anh__

its Ahn..shes someone to look out for

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #3
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: __Kristie Haerim Anh__

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
its Ahn..
my bad
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 04:32 AM   #4
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

Re: __Kristie Haerim Ahn__

http://www.collegeandjuniortennis.co...tieahn0408.htm
Fifteen year old Kristie Ahn made the trip to Mobile, Alabama, this year for her first USTA National Spring Championships. Seeded sixth, Kristie was not a shocker in the winner's circle, but she was certainly the youngest in the singles finals as she picked up yet another USTA gold ball.

New Jersey native Kristie Ahn is no stranger to tournament trophies. Since 2005 -- when she was only 12 -- she's been consistently placing at national events. She finished that year as No. 3 in the 14s singles and No. 13 in the doubles, after placing at two nationals and sweeping a National Open in November. She started 2006 off right as the winner of the 14s at the USTA National Winter Championships, where she and Jennifer Kellner came in third in doubles. It was just the start of an incredible year as Kristie moved into the 16s with ease. She came in the top five at six more national events, finishing the year as the No. 1 singles, and No. 8 doubles player in the country.

Kristie Ahn is not one to take the easy road so she moved up quickly into the 18s for 2007, but not before once again starting it off right on New Year's Day with third place in singles and the top prize in doubles (with Nicole Stracar). She followed up with a place in the finals of a February National Open and a win in a June one. She was back in Arizona for the holidays where she picked up yet another bronze ball at the USTA National Winter Championships -- this time in the 18s.

I sat down with Kristie at the USTA National Spring Championships. She would take her momentum from the singles win there with her straight to Texas, winning the singles and the doubles (with Kate Fuller) and reaching the spot as the No. 2 player in the country in the Girls' 18s.

Thanks to Medina

Last edited by ArturoAce. : Jul 19th, 2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #5
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Shes playing the USTA National Clay Courts this week in Memphis!

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:43 AM   #6
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

Kristie made it to the 2nd round of qualies!!!
she defeated Yevgenia Savranska UKR 6-3 6-2

Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur0tennis View Post

Kristie made it to the 2nd round of qualies!!!
she defeated Yevgenia Savranska UKR 6-3 6-2
Thats an impressive win! Good Luck to her in r2
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #8

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: __Kristie Haerim Ahn__

Here is a match report from a poster who saw Ahn play today. There are also pics of her up at UsOpen.org under 1st day qualis.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I did. Even though she won and she's obviously an up and coming American talent, she didn't impress as much as Sloane did. She's got a good counterpunching game and misses very few balls, but no real weapon (yet) and a terrible second serve. Savranska was absolutely horrendous out there though...nothing but moonballs that land in the middle of the service box.

The great thing about Ahn though is that she raises her level of play when her opponent does. Once Savranska finally got going, Ahn stepped into her shots and started lacing a few winners.
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:57 AM   #9
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

thanks for that heath!

I hope Kristie gets far!
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur0tennis View Post
thanks for that heath!

I hope Kristie gets far!

Your welcome! I hope she goes far aswell
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 02:41 AM   #11
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

kristie defeated jelena pandzic 6-1 6-3!!!
very solid wins!
keep going!!
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM   #12
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Well done

Any room for one more on the Ahn bandwagon?

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM   #13
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Kristie a lot. I have a feeling that I've met her before at a tourney I've played at or one of hers I've watched, but maybe not.

I posted a couple of pics in the results thread in GM. She's cute.

Hopefully she can pull out another win today!
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM   #14
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Kristie won 64 64

First top 100 win of many I'm sure.

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 12:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sugi- View Post
Wow Kristie won 64 64

First top 100 win of many I'm sure.
Now were just waiting for the placement of the Qs in the MD !