Liana Gabriela Ungur - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #16
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all
Re: Liana Gabriela Ungur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
Final Monteroni d'Arbia

(2)Liana-Gabriela Ungur (ROU) d. (1)Anna Floris (ITA) 75 61
Great job Liana. ur the best

Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #17
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeuss View Post
Final Monteroni d'Arbia

(2)Liana-Gabriela Ungur (ROU) d. (1)Anna Floris (ITA) 75 61
here are all results
02 August 2010 Monteroni d'Arbia ITF 25.000$
F W 7-5 6-1 Anna FLORIS 134 ITA
SF W 7-6 7-6 Elena BOGDAN 273 ROU
QF W 6-3 6-2 Claudia GIOVINE 279 ITA
R16 W 6-1 6-3 Valentina SULPIZIO 481 ITA
R32 W 7-5 7-5 Nadia LALAMI 459 MAR
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #18
country flag stefan28

after the 4th 25k trn won itftennis.com wrote this article
Fourth singles title triumph of 2010 for Liana-Gabriela Ungur
25-year old Romanian Liana Gabriela Ungur enjoyed a fourth title of the year on the ITF Women's Pro Circuit - after her victories in Florence, Sarajevo and Padova - as she triumphed at the $25,000 Monteroni D’Arbia Tournament, on the Crete Senesi, in the Tuscan countryside near Siena, Italy.

Second seed Ungar, who lives and studies in Florence where she trains at the Florence Tennis School, defeated Italian favourite Anna Floris, who came into the tournament with a WTA Ranking of 134, finally prevailing 75 61 after one hour and 15 minutes.

The Romanian was impressive throughout and showed great solidity on the clay courts, never dropping a set on her way to the title. “This is a very special win for me" said Ungur after she lifted the trophy, "and it could represent a launch pad for my career. It was a [hard] fought final match against my opponent Anna Floris especially in the first set, but later I managed to play more and more relaxed, producing my best ground-strokes”.

“I was a bit nervous during the final match" said runner-up Anna Floris, "and I was unable to create an offensive strategy. I hope I will take part at the Monteroni d’Arbia Tournament one more time, maybe next year, and I want to win the title”.

In the doubles, Italians Valentina Sulpizio and Claudia Giovine beat their fellow countrywomen sisters Evelyn and Julia Mayr, 62 46 [10-5]. Famous Italian fencer Margherita Zalaffi, who won a gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympic Games in Barcelona, was also present at the doubles final on Friday 6th August.

Tournament Director Giancarlo Trapani said: “Our club Match Ball Monteroni d’Arbia hosted a spectacular Pro Tournament this year. We are honoured to have had so many young players into the draws. Our dream is of seeing a Monteroni’s winner lifting a Pro Grand Slam trophy…”.

In addition to this win, the release of the WTA singles rankings on August 9th 2010 showed that Ungur had climbed to a new career high of 182.
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #19
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

The really positive thing for Liana now is she has very few points to defend for the rest of the year and I can easily see her finishing the year in the top 150 or maybe even a touch higher. And she actually doesn't have many points to defend over the first 3 months of next year either so....

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Aug 16th, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 05:38 AM   #20
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

FROM ITF WEBSITE.

10 Aug 2010 - Monteroni d’Arbia, Italy - Marco Massetani

Fourth singles title triumph of 2010 for Liana-Gabriela Ungur

25-year old Romanian Liana Gabriela Ungur enjoyed a fourth title of the year on the ITF Women's Pro Circuit - after her victories in Florence, Sarajevo and Padova - as she triumphed at the $25,000 Monteroni D’Arbia Tournament, on the Crete Senesi, in the Tuscan countryside near Siena, Italy.

Second seed Ungar, who lives and studies in Florence where she trains at the Florence Tennis School, defeated Italian favourite Anna Floris, who came into the tournament with a WTA Ranking of 134, finally prevailing 75 61 after one hour and 15 minutes.

The Romanian was impressive throughout and showed great solidity on the clay courts, never dropping a set on her way to the title. “This is a very special win for me" said Ungur after she lifted the trophy, "and it could represent a launch pad for my career. It was a [hard] fought final match against my opponent Anna Floris especially in the first set, but later I managed to play more and more relaxed, producing my best ground-strokes”.

“I was a bit nervous during the final match" said runner-up Anna Floris, "and I was unable to create an offensive strategy. I hope I will take part at the Monteroni d’Arbia Tournament one more time, maybe next year, and I want to win the title”.

In the doubles, Italians Valentina Sulpizio and Claudia Giovine beat their fellow countrywomen sisters Evelyn and Julia Mayr, 62 46 [10-5]. Famous Italian fencer Margherita Zalaffi, who won a gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympic Games in Barcelona, was also present at the doubles final on Friday 6th August.

Tournament Director Giancarlo Trapani said: “Our club Match Ball Monteroni d’Arbia hosted a spectacular Pro Tournament this year. We are honoured to have had so many young players into the draws. Our dream is of seeing a Monteroni’s winner lifting a Pro Grand Slam trophy…”.

In addition to this win, the release of the WTA singles rankings on August 9th 2010 showed that Ungur had climbed to a new career high of 182.

Good for her I remember her match against Ágnes in Prague .

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #21
country flag stefan28

new career high:171
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #22
country flag stefan28

Flushing Meadow 2010 Q R-128
Liana Ungur - Rebecca Marino
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #23
country flag stefan28

she lost Rebecca Marino - Liana Ungur 6-3 6-4
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #24
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Liana is back on WTA tour. She will start in the qualifiers of Luxembourg and will play in the first round against Petra Martic.

(2/WC) Alize Cornet (FRA) v Ivana Lisjak (CRO)
Petra Martic (CRO) v Liana Ungur (ROU)
(WC) Andreja Klepac (SLO) v Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
Heather Watson (GBR) v (6) Sabine Lisicki (GER)

Good luck Liana!!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #25
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

First qualifying round Luxembourg:

Liana Ungur def. Petra Martic 6:4 3:6 6:4

A very close match, but with the better end for the Romanian! A very important and astonishing win for her on Hard Court! Next round surprisingly not against Cornet, but against Lisjak!
So, it's time to beat the second Croatian there!
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #26
country flag Curcubeu

Second qualifying round Luxembourg:

Ivana Lisjak def. Liana Ungur 6:2 6:3

I'm sorry for Liana, but it was already a success for her to reach the second qualifying round here!
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 03:12 PM   #27
country flag Curcubeu

Tonight Liana will start into the new season of 2011 with the first qualifying round of Auckland!

(3)Jill Craybas (USA) v (wc)Katherine Westbury (NZL)
(wc)Vladimira Uhlirova (CZE) v Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)
Florencia Molinero (ARG) v Eva Birnerova (CZE)
Liana Ungur (ROU) v (5)Olivia Sanchez (FRA)

First opponent will be Olivia Sanchez! Not easy, but she can do it!
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM   #28
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

Olivia Sanchez (FRA) def. Liana 6-1 / 6-2 .. Hope next tournament will be an improovement

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 09:24 AM   #29
country flag Curcubeu

She had bad luck with the draw, but Hard Courts aren't her favourites anyway...

Next tournament should be better
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #30
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

GL at next tounament Liana ! Be strong

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote