Li Na visits Yushu quake orphans,donating another ¥400000,learning Tibetan dance - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #16
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li Na visits Yushu quake orphans,donating another 400000,learning Tibetan dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
So in China, when someone says 400000, it automatically means you are talking money, nothing else?
You could have put 400000 RMB in the title.

People donate lots of stuff beside money.
Bag of rice, ride paddy, medicine, etc...

Are you telling me in china, if you say a number without a unit, it automatically means currency?
You suddenly switched currency to unit,you were asking me to add "UNIT" in it,not a currency.

Unfortunately, if I add RMB there, the title would be too long to show completely.

Can we just stop this?charity is invaluable there,no matter you donate 1 RMB or 1 million USD
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #17
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li Na visits Yushu quake orphans,donating another 400000,learning Tibetan dance

ps:whoelse would think Li Na had donated 400000 tons of rice to Yushu quake orphans when reading this thead title?
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #18
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Lin View Post
You suddenly switched currency to unit,you were asking me to add "UNIT" in it,not a currency.

Unfortunately, if I add RMB there, the title would be too long to show completely.

Can we just stop this?charity is invaluable there,no matter you donate 1 RMB or 1 million USD
Unit is a generic term to qualify numbers, number by themselve mean nothing.
Example: Kilogram, meter, pound, liter ounce, etc..

But now that you gave the real reason, I will stop.
I was just trying to get people to know the currency of other countries, but you seem to take offense.
Sorry.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #19
country flag Veesus

Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
I wonder why you have to ask that.

Anyhow, Na Maybe her good deeds are blessing her on the tennis career.
400,000 American is a lot of money People rarely give that much. I was not trying to detract from her benevolent deed. I was simply trying to gauge the magnitude of her gift.

Ho, have a seat.
Veesus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #20
country flag Lin Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Unit is a generic term to qualify numbers, number by themselve mean nothing.
Example: Kilogram, meter, pound, liter ounce, etc..

But now that you gave the real reason, I will stop.
I was just trying to get people to know the currency of other countries, but you seem to take offense.
Sorry.
It's okayI think at least you are reasonable and nice,easy to communicate with
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:41 AM   #21
country flag Veesus

Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute Veesus has a reputation beyond repute

She donated almost 60,000 USD for anyone who cares. Still a lot of money.

Na
Veesus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:54 AM   #22
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ps:whoelse would think Li Na had donated 400000 tons of rice to Yushu quake orphans when reading this thead title?
Well nobody knows what 400000 represent, so people could assume anything.
And given the circumstance and the recipient entity, rice is not a far fetched guess.

Lin lin, this is an international forum.

It helps to communicate clearly what you want to say, you cannot assume things as if the TF audience is in China.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #23
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute

I would think, under most circumstance when a number is put under the context of amount donated, that it is very logical that someone would translate that into money. Typically if it was anything besides money, that would be stated, but if its an unlabeled number, yes it's not shocking or impossible for someone to expect you to understand that it's money.

Then when you add the context that a chinese person was donating to chinese people/organization, you should also assume that we are talking about the native currency. Especially when the message has been translated into English to start with.
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #24
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

Quote:

PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #25
country flag Lin Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilePhile View Post
Okay,guys,let me copy this and add it into the title to end this off-topic up

Hope Li Na could win this year's China Open
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #26
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future
Re: Li Na visits Yushu quake orphans,donating another ¥400000,learning Tibetan dance

Lin Lin, do you know if the new retractable roof stadium will be ready for this year's China Open?
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #27
country flag Lin Lin

Re: Li Na visits Yushu quake orphans,donating another ¥400000,learning Tibetan dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilePhile View Post
Lin Lin, do you know if the new retractable roof stadium will be ready for this year's China Open?
I searched it online,unfortunately,no confirmation available for the retractable roof of the Lotus center court.The newest information was it was under construction back to Nov.10,2009.
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:37 AM   #28
country flag Lin Lin

Quote:
I searched it online,unfortunately,no confirmation available for the retractable roof of the Lotus center court.The newest information was it was under construction back to Nov.10,2009.
Update: (searching result from May.10,2010):China will construct a new bigger center court to replace the current Lotus center court,which will become the #1 court in the future.So,there is definitely no retractable roof for current lotus center court,the new center court will have retractable roof but at least will be ready in 2011.So this year no retractable roof for China Open.
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:50 AM   #29
country flag PhilePhile

Quote:
Thank you Lin Lin. Li Na did a good deed for the people affected by the earthquake and represented herself and the WTA admirably.

Last edited by PhilePhile : Jul 7th, 2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Thanks again for the update
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #30
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

just wondering...any good shopping malls there?

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote