Maureen Drake - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #1
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
Maureen Drake

Well I hope no one minds, but I thought it would be a good idea if we started to make more specific threads for our Canadian players - Of course 'The Canadian Tennis Thread' was originally just a thread, but hundreds of posts later we have our own forum now so I figured we may as well make the most of it and have more individual threads especially for our more talked about players

We already have a thread for Sonya, so now here is one for our most prominent Canadian player right now, Maureen Drake

Feel free to post any updates you have about Maureen's results, talk about her upcoming schedule, or even 'Mo Memories' for those who want to share any funny or nice stories about Mo
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #2
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
The Australian Open entry list has been updated and is available in the Australian Open forum, posted courtesy of AUSBOY - While there are a couple of names that are not 100% confirmed to not be showing up, Maureen is looking to possibly be the 1st or 2nd next-in for the maindraw. So, there is certainly chance for Maureen to sneak in if there are confirmed withdrawals within the next few days but we will have to see what happens. Last year she had a tough draw facing Tanasugarn in the first round who was in very good form around that time, so I am sure Maureen will see some positives in both situations but I'd love to see her make the maindraw without having to go through qualifying But, Maureen has qualified for the last 2 slams (winning a maindraw round at Wimbledon, and nearly beating Srebotnik at the US Open) so I am sure that she must feel confident that she is more than capable of qualifying here if she has to. Perhaps we will see a repeat of her great run through qualies in 99
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #3
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute
i kinda want Mo to go through qualies...she will get points for sure that way...and since she has 2 points to defend from last year it would help her get back into the top100. But either way would be fine as long as she gets in the main draw.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 11:52 PM   #4
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute
well, she started the year in an awful way by losing to Cupac 75 63 in Sydney
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #5
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Come on Mo!!!! We want a Canuck in Main Draw!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 03:54 AM   #6
patricktav2003

patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MO IS IN THE MAINDRAW OF THE AUSSIE OPEN!!!!!

this is a really great news well done maureen
patricktav2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM   #7
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Maureen has indeed made it into the maindraw Hope she can get a kind draw and do well!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 01:16 AM   #8
country flag aceman

aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute aceman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy H
Maureen has indeed made it into the maindraw Hope she can get a kind draw and do well!
Will be Anca Barna in first round. Go Maureen. Hope Marie-Eve will join her in main draw.

http://www.wtaquebec.com
http://www.challengersaguenay.com
aceman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 02:58 AM   #9
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Not a bad draw facing Barna...Should depend really on how Maureen plays. Barna is going to throw everything she can at her (which in terms of weapons isnt that much, but mentally she can be annoying), so hopefully Maureen will be prepared and able to attack with success

Good luck Mo!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 10:28 PM   #10
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Mo is playing just now...She leads 2-1 in the first with a break!
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 11:25 PM   #11
country flag Elvira

Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough
well, this is quite the odd match.. she wins the first set 6-2 but loses the second one 0-6... and in the third set, Maureen has broken Barna's serve in the first game and is serving at deuce. Very odd match so far, but hopefully she can pull thru!
Elvira is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 12:18 AM   #12
country flag Elvira

Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough Elvira is a jewel in the rough
well, Maureen lost 2-6 6-0 7-5.... still, a VERY close match (she led 5-3 in the final set) but just couldn't close it out. Too bad. However, both of the canadian matches this year were VERY close, so it's a good sign that we're competitive in the main draw of a grand slam, especially against higher ranked players.
Elvira is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 12:47 AM   #13
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Too bad Maureen

Had a matchpoint at 5-3 in the final set on Barna's serve but it was a pretty sloppy match for both players the whole way through and unfortunately Barna was able to cut down on the mistakes a bit more at the very end.

Hope Maureen won't be too discouraged and will be able to regroup in the upcoming weeks with some positive results

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #14
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

WoW so close for both canucks..

I have a question...Why are canadian players so weak mentally? Marie-Eve has some tendancies to choke, Mo to stop playing and yell at everyone, Jana never cared about tennis, Steph Dubois seemed to have some problems there too, also Alekz in few amtches..What's wrong?
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 03:37 AM   #15
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

I wish I knew the answer cdpoulin so they could change it!

But he loves you."

George Carlin