The Defending Champion is here, Budapest 2010 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2010, 02:19 AM   #31
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Defending Champion is here, Budapest 2010

Agi in the QF's
And I think the win over Kostanic Tosic was her 200th win

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2010, 02:32 AM   #32
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

"It was a tough match, Yvonne played really well but fortunately I could win the match. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's match against Alize, she's playing a very good clay court game. I didn't see her match but I'm sure she played very well against Timea."- said Ági after the match.

Old Jul 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #33
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Ági just beat Cornet 6-3, 6-1. I said after the first two matches she would need to step it up and she sure did from 1-all in the second set it was completely one way traffic this title is definitely winnable .
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #34
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Dulgheru up next! I don't think they've played yet. If Ági can play the way she did today, I think she can win, but this is definitely her toughest match of the tournament . Also Dulgheru is a huge fighter and won't go down easily, like Cornet did.
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #35
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

the 2nd set was really amazing,esp. after the *1-1.Agi looked solid and happy and must be great to be in SFs for 2nd year in a row

Dulgheru will be another history but I think she can win this title.Absolutely
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #36
country flag #kArLoS#

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Dulgheru up next! I don't think they've played yet. If Ági can play the way she did today, I think she can win, but this is definitely her toughest match of the tournament . Also Dulgheru is a huge fighter and won't go down easily, like Cornet did.
They hadn´t .Dulgheru looks beatable,she was 52 down in the 3rd today and also lost a set by 61 against AChak...I´m confident about Agi´s chances,if you ask me
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #37
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Agi was more aggressive and controlled most of the points. Alize struggled to keep her composure after losing the first set so the second set was relatively simple. Dulgheru of course will keep fighting until the bitter end, so will be much tougher. Good luck in the semis Agi. Alize .

The thing about Dulgheru is I think a lot of people get leads against her or win a set, but since she keeps fighting so hard it's really hard to close her out. She's not the most talented player but she never stops fighting. So hopefully Agi is prepared to really bring it.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #38
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Semi tomorrow at 13:30

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Jul 9th, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #39
country flag iGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by #kArLoS# View Post
They hadn´t .Dulgheru looks beatable,she was 52 down in the 3rd today and also lost a set by 61 against AChak...I´m confident about Agi´s chances,if you ask me
Me too, but it's Ági .
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #40
country flag iGOAT

Two random facts I realized:

1. Ági is in the semifinals without dropping a set has this ever happened with her before? She usually doesn't even go two in a row without three...
2. This is her first semifinal since Budapest last year hopefully it can be her first title since then too .
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #41
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

1. 2007
2. It was a long time ago, I almost forgot how good she can play

Agi said she will play doubles with Dulgheru next week(edit: as already mentioned...), show who is the boss

Last edited by Gregorio87 : Jul 9th, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #42
country flag iGOAT

Her match is first on Center Court tomorrow. It's at 13:30 local time.
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #43
country flag hellas719

Semivay
I think Dulgheru is beatable. Agi is more talented, but Alex never gives up, unlike Agi . Then again, Agi will probably fight her ass off since this is her home tournament, so Agi should come out on top, unless Errorvay shows up

Old Jul 10th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #44
country flag #kArLoS#

OMG what an intense match it was!!!Of course it was waaaay tougher that it should have been if Agi had the nerve to serve it out at *5-4 in the 2nd set...then the heat and a little break...The 3rd set was crazy and really up and down for both players,the last game was epic but I won´t complain since Agi won!!It´s really great to have her again in the final of her local tournament!!!

She was lovely at the end,smiling a lot
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #45
country flag iGOAT

Ági has done it I'm so happy for her! She really looked down and out in the third, trailed 3-4, 15-40 but she came back. This match was really similar to the Garbin match last year except that the first set was better. This match showed me again why I love Ági from playing amazing in the first to the fight she had in the third, it was so nice to watch. And her smile was so great she just kept smiling. And she was sooo happy at the end . Dulgheru helped her in the third but it was really sweet to see her give Ági a hug at the end.

I'm so happy, I really do think she will win the final! Just hope she won't be too tired .