Vera Zvonareva - Interview Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #31
country flag fsfikke

fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all
Re: Vera Zvonareva - Interview Thread

Very touching interview with Vera:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/...don-dream.html
fsfikke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #32
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

John Sommers Ii/Reuters
Vera Zvonareva at the Cincinnati Open this summer.

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...Sets&seid=auto

Vera Zvonareva, the No. 2 seed in the women’s draw at the United States Open, will be talking with Straight Sets about her experiences throughout the tournament. On Sunday, Zvonareva, who is 26 and was born in Moscow, spoke about what she does to prepare to play; she will face Stephanie Foretz Gacon on Monday at Louis Armstrong Stadium.
In the off-season, you train much more. During the season, when you play a lot of matches, you have to stay in shape but you can’t do too much because you want to be fresh for your tournament. This is not the time to do hard work but to use your time to prepare yourself.
It was a bit of an unusual weekend — they closed the tennis center at 5 p.m. Saturday and it was closed Sunday. Usually I would go play some tennis but on Sunday we couldn’t. We just decided to go to the gym and do my regular warm-up routine. There are some regular exercises I have to do. We did some footwork and some movements with the racket — swings without the ball — and stretching, of course. I stretch a lot. I would say 20 minutes after each workout is part of my routine. I do general stretching mostly for the whole body, and my lower body, my left hamstring, thighs, upper body.

There are injuries I also have to manage: just general management like a little problem with my back, sometimes with my shoulders, sometimes with my hip.
It took about two hours Sunday. We didn’t push too hard.
I try to follow a healthy diet. I am avoiding fried food, fast food at all times. I like fish a lot, and chicken. You want to make sure you get enough carbohydrates and also protein. I try not to eat too much pasta; I prefer rice.
I like to sleep a lot and I need a lot of sleep. Seven, eight hours is not enough — a minimum of 9 or 10 hours is better.
I don’t spend too much time watching videos of other players. I remember my matches in the past and I am aware of how each player plays.
I don’t do something special before my matches but I do always have my iPod on — energetic music, something fast. Rihanna is on my playlist, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Bruno Mars, some Russian artists like Agatha Christie.
I have to be at the tennis center Monday morning at 9:30, and I booked a court to warm up. After I warm up, I take a shower, I put my clothes on, I can even fall asleep. I can just wake up in one second, and I do some footwork drills and I’m ready to go.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #33
country flag fsfikke

fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all fsfikke is a name known to all

http://espn.go.com/espnw/body-issue/...vera-zvonareva

Vera's bad habit:
Quote:
I drink coffee sometimes
How cute
fsfikke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #34
country flag Milk_Shakespeare

Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light

"I drink coffee sometimes"

Hopefully she didn´t say vodka, unless vodka is a good habit.
Milk_Shakespeare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #35
country flag Milk_Shakespeare

Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light Milk_Shakespeare is a glorious beacon of light

I translate it from portuguese to english using Google, so there can be some mistakes.

Growing market and open to investment, potential for growth in the number of female tennis fans, promoters and success experienced in performing international sporting events. Government support and national federation are also important. It was based on the above characteristics that the WTA chose Istanbul, Turkey, to carry out their WTA Championship, an event that brings together the eight players who totaled more points in the season. From Monday, the Turkish city will see Caroline Wozniacki, Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, Petra Kvitova, Vera Zvonareva, Samantha Stosur, Na Li and Agnieszka Radwanska.
In a few years, however, may be Brazil receiving the same event. Who speaks is not a local politician wanting to appear, but the president of the WTA, Stacey Allaster, who answered questions GLOBOESPORTE.COM by e-mail and explained the reasons to perform the WTA Championship in rotation for growth markets. She says it is difficult to bring to Brazil the tournament circuit like many others, but notes that the Championship would be feasible in the country.
- The growth of tennis in strategic markets around the world is a priority for the WTA. Brazil has a market with enormous growth potential and we are watching him. In the current calendar, we still can not include a WTA tournament in Brazil. However, it would be great to take the WTA Championship, a perfect way to have the crème de la crème of women's tennis in this wonderful country. We are waiting for opportunities to take the WTA markets like Brazil in the future.
Istanbul has a contract to host the event year-end 2013, and there is nothing set in relation to the seat next. Brazil is in favor of not requiring a great tennis player's home. Turkey, for example, has only two players in the top 300 - and Çağla Büyükakçay Pemra Ozgen - and a man among world's top 100. Here, the numbers are identical: Vivian Segnini Vaisemberg and Roxane in the top 300 and top 100 in Thomaz Bellucci.

Headquarters of the World Championship in 2010 will receive the
WTA Championship this year (Getty Images)
Opportunity for growth
Hosting an event of this size is a great chance to generate more interest in the sport and create a new generation of players - something that Brazil needs. In the case of Istanbul, the Turkish federation has from time to leverage this mode. By e-mail, the organization's president, Ayda Uluc, emphasizes that the groundwork will be key.
- I believe that if we build a strong system for children, our shoes have no further problems. One of our purposes is to make shoes for everyone. Once everyone has the same chance to play, our mission is complete. In the Turkish federation, our goal is to take the sport across the country. If children begin to play early, we have built the foundations to make the sport grow.
Potential for Turkey is not lacking. Allaster points out that the WTA has done market research and discovered that the country is the greatest female tennis spectators in the world. In addition, 55% of respondents said they were going to tennis tournaments if Turkey based more important events - today there are only small tournament in the country.
The WTA Championship will house the Sinan Erdem Dome, the same gym that received the World Championship in 2010. This time, however, the site will have the top ring closed. Instead of 16 000 places in the orange ball, tennis will be 7000. Thus, there is no risk of having matches with the empty gym. Uluc Second, almost all tickets were sold out a month in advance. The leader is content with the growth of interest in tennis in the country.
- Now, the Turkish tennis has become as important as volleyball and basketball. The media attention in national meets and is much easier to find sponsors now - he points out.

Ayda Uluc, Turkish federation president, wants to see
tennis grow in the country (Getty Images)
In fact, the event which starts on Monday has partners in weight. The main one is TEB-BNP Paribas, Turkish arm of French bank that sponsors major tournaments like Roland Garros and Masters 1000 Indian Wells and Rome. Rolex, traditional watch manufacturer, was another brand that helped bring the tournament to Istanbul.
Zvonareva happy with Turkey trip
The holding out of the WTA Championship Tennis traditional markets like New York, Paris, London or Madrid appeals to players. By telephone, Russian Vera Zvonareva stressed that Doha (Qatar), seat of the tournament last season, has really benefited by the event.
- I think that Istanbul has great potential. The Turkish people love sports in general. Volleyball and football are sports too large. They already have a tradition in the sport. I think that's the difference between Turkey and Doha, in a certain way. In Qatar, they only follow football. The other sports are poorly developed. The WTA Championship there was one of the biggest events in the region and I think it brought attention to tennis. Many children began to play. Hard to say, but I hope that we have influenced a good way to Doha. I hope to bring tennis to Istanbul to make the sport grow a lot in the country. Many children can begin to play. You will not see immediately, but maybe in some years have more players coming out of Turkey - Russia said beauty.
Zvonareva also said that even if Brazil will not receive a match coming up, I would like to visit Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. Its passage was only in 2002 when Costa do Sauipe (BA) still host a women's tournament and still made his Russian debut in the top 50. She had to play the qualifying and did not reach the primary key.
- Visit Brazil is one of my dreams. I went to Bahia a long, long time and only for two days. I can not remember anything. I would love to play tennis there. It would be an excellent opportunity for me to see the country and promote tennis. In 2002 he was a very short trip. I arrived in the United States at night, I played the next morning, I lost the match and came away a day later. I want to go to Sao Paulo to Rio and I'm sure the country is very beautiful.
Milk_Shakespeare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #36
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...492962,00.html

Quote:
Vera Zvonareva

On being one of the veterans of the field...

"It's a bit scary to think I'm one of the more experienced players out there. It seems like I'm not that young anymore. When I qualified for the Championships for the first time, in LA, I was overwhelmed. The attention I was getting made it hard to focus on one match at a time. But the whole atmosphere and the feeling of being one of the best players of the whole world, it's so special. The best advice I can give is just enjoy this moment because you never know if you'll get another chance to play the Championships. That's the mindset I go into it with because I've been there a few times and know how tough it is."

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #37
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2011-10-26/8154.php

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #38
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaryovshka View Post
Thanks for the link Zvonaryovshka, but why the "awww" face?
NoExit is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #39
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Because she's too cute I imagine her as a schoolgirl, it must have been totally adorable

Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #40
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaryovshka View Post
Because she's too cute I imagine her as a schoolgirl, it must have been totally adorable
Ah, i see. Yeah, i bet Vera was super adorable as a school girl, not that she isn't now. If only we had gone to school together, i could have tried to go out with her.
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #41
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExit View Post
Ah, i see. Yeah, i bet Vera was super adorable as a school girl, not that she isn't now. If only we had gone to school together, i could have tried to go out with her.
LOL, I was thinking the same. I think all followers here would have tried the same, what a competition that would have been between all of us . On the other hand, I think Vera would not be that easy to get, she would make any of us work hard to get a date
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #42
country flag NoExit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomareva View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same. I think all followers here would have tried the same, what a competition that would have been between all of us . On the other hand, I think Vera would not be that easy to get, she would make any of us work hard to get a date
LOL, yeah. Not-to-mention, since there isn't a whole lot known about Vera's private/dating life, who knows exactly what type of guy she's into. We'd all just be taking a shot in the dark, but id most definitely give it the best shot i got!!
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #43
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

http://wtaupdates.blogspot.com/2011/...p-10-vera.html

Brand New Article about Vera Zvonareva's 2011 Season !

Check it out

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #44
country flag NoExit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
http://wtaupdates.blogspot.com/2011/...p-10-vera.html

Brand New Article about Vera Zvonareva's 2011 Season !

Check it out
Thanks.
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #45
Potavushina

http://translate.google.com/translat...505001&act=url

Bepa answering questions from fans Amsterdam is in her Top 3 cities, Dutch guys