Tips for tournaments please - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 29th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #1
country flag Delfii

Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold
Tips for tournaments please

Im going to start playing tournaments next week. Im going to play in singles and in doubles. I just wanted to you to post your experiences and some tips (to win )
Thanks
Delfii
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #2
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tips for tournaments please

How old are you and how long have you been playing?
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #3
country flag Delfii

Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold Delfii is a splendid one to behold

Sorry I was at my English class
Im 12 and I been playing for 1 year and 3 months
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #4
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I would say, tournaments for you should definitely be looking at these as chances to see where your game is and how you can take steps to improve. Don't really heed the results as how good/bad you're playing. Make your own judgment on how it went based on things like returns in court, winners, did you make your opponent play.

Also, be sure to have fun. This is a time where you need to continue to build a love of the game. It just gets real downhill with people calling their own lines...:ugh:
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #5
country flag Delfii

Thanks
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #6
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

Take your time. There is no reason to rush. Concentration is really important. Always remember to calm down after each mistake. And again, don't rush.

I would also suggest you to take a bit cold shower before the match.
Daruma. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #7
country flag Delfii

Oh yes cold shower
I need something to calm my temper because I loose it when I make UE
I been playing in my club with other girls and I see that my shots are stronger but my technique isn't really good, I need to work on that.
Tomorrow Im going to see my draw
I'll tell you about that
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #8
country flag Daruma.

Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute Daruma. has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you all the best!

Old Jun 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #9
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfii View Post
Oh yes cold shower
I need something to calm my temper because I loose it when I make UE
I been playing in my club with other girls and I see that my shots are stronger but my technique isn't really good, I need to work on that.
Tomorrow Im going to see my draw
I'll tell you about that
Please let us know! And don't be a Clijsters...slow down if you feel it getting away from you.
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #10
country flag Delfii

Yes Im going to tell you
And thanks for all your messages your support is very very welcome thanks
I been waiting a long time to play a tournament, I remember when I was eight that I used to play in my garden and dream that I beat Roger or Serena
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #11
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you drink a lot of water the day before don't drink a lot the day of the match. During the match you should drink a sports drink like gatorade or powerade..

Before your match make sure you warm up like 20-30 minutes before..maybe you can hit a few groundstrokes and warm-up somewhere, but if you can't just use a jump rope and maybe jog a little.

During the match try to not let the situation get the best of you it's just a tennis match and not life or death. Remember your playing to have fun and develop your game winning is just a bonus

Good luck
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #12
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Every point is a new point...

Dont let the last point affect you...

Take a deep breath after the last point...

Focus, recouperate every change overs...

Keep your andrenaline up so that you could see the ball clearly..!! keep yourself pumped
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 11:48 AM   #13
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-Fan View Post
Take your time. There is no reason to rush. Concentration is really important. Always remember to calm down after each mistake. And again, don't rush.

I would also suggest you to take a bit cold shower before the match.

Why the cold shower??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfii View Post
Yes Im going to tell you
And thanks for all your messages your support is very very welcome thanks
I been waiting a long time to play a tournament, I remember when I was eight that I used to play in my garden and dream that I beat ... Serena
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 12:23 PM   #14
country flag Daruma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay asbestos View Post
Why the cold shower??
Here and Here
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM   #15
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Eat a jaffa cake at every changeover.