2010 ITA Summer Circuit - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #31
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2010 ITA Summer Circuit

Not that it really matters but some people turn-off signatures so they wouldn't be able to see the link to blogs.

Back to tennis, is Wetmore playing tennis at Georgetown? Given that she was cut from the UCLA team, I wonder why she wasn't granted permission to play right away for Georgetown and have to sit out for a year.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #32
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

^ I have no idea, I just have that participant info, I just watch matches

anyway, to honor Pepperdine's singles and doubles sweep will wear Pepp t-shirt (I didn't buy it, I picked

a lucky day to visit, they were distributing free t-shirts and pizza ) today

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jul 19th, 2010 at 03:37 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #33
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Not that it really matters but some people turn-off signatures so they wouldn't be able to see the link to blogs.
Tennisace you bring up a good point but that doesn't apply to Form.

Form obviously was able to see my signature and that's what prompted Form to create a signature of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Given that she was cut from the UCLA team, I wonder why she wasn't granted permission to play right away for Georgetown and have to sit out for a year.
Most likely Wetmore finished her senior year at UCLA in 2009-10 and is playing for Georgetown as a grad student.

Last edited by gouci : Jul 19th, 2010 at 04:33 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #34
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Kwan was actually a pretty good player in High School, i remember watching her during CIF in San Diego. She had impressive wins most notably against Nadia Abdala, who just graduated from ASU. Im not sure if her tennis progress during her time at UCI, but i did except a lot more from her.
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 04:40 AM   #35
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Keri Wong is sweeping the circuits, and Georgia bound Kimbell won one.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #36
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Christiana Raymond won the ITA here at Ohio State, defeating a Buckeye in the round of 16, quarters, and semis and beat Buckeye commit Nicole Flower in the final. Raymond is solid, but a joke because all she would do would hit some solid shots, then moonball FOREVER. Everyone thought it was so stupid that she had to moonball to win. 2 girls from Purdue beat Haviland/Hubbs from OSU, because Hubbs had to make it to her class because her final is on tomorrow

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : Jul 20th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #37
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Christiana Raymond won the ITA here at Ohio State, defeating a Buckeye in the round of 16, quarters, and semis and beat Buckeye commit Nicole Flower in the final. Raymond is solid, but a joke because all she would do would hit some solid shots, then moonball FOREVER. Everyone thought it was so stupid that she had to moonball to win. 2 girls from Purdue beat Haviland/Hubbs from OSU, because Hubbs had to make it to her class because her final is on tomorrow
I guess the 4 Buckeyes that she beat would think her game was a joke.......that makes it easier for them to feel good about their game

Just being a smart$#@ but, how many times have you seen a player get upset with an opponent for not hitting the kind of ball they 'need'? I see it all the time and think it is funny that they don't use their results as a motivation to learn how to beat that player vs. complaining about 'moonballs'.

To beat that player, you need to hit through the player consistently....and I guess the Buckeye's didn't have that kind of horsepower?

Other thoughts?
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #38

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
I guess the 4 Buckeyes that she beat would think her game was a joke.......that makes it easier for them to feel good about their game

Just being a smart$#@ but, how many times have you seen a player get upset with an opponent for not hitting the kind of ball they 'need'? I see it all the time and think it is funny that they don't use their results as a motivation to learn how to beat that player vs. complaining about 'moonballs'.

To beat that player, you need to hit through the player consistently....and I guess the Buckeye's didn't have that kind of horsepower?

Other thoughts?
The players only didn't think her game was a joke, coaches and some people watching thought so as well. She wasn't just a moonballer, she had solid groundstrokes, like really solid shots, but would follow them up with a moonball. She was down 2-6,1-4 against Escobedo, then Paloma re-aggravated an ankle injury and couldnt close it and quit at 2-6,7-5,(3-0ret.) in the R16. Then beat Gabby Steele in a 10 point tiebreak in the QF, I believe it was 6-1,5-7, (10-6). Fidan Manashirova fought hard and lost the first set in an hour and a half and fell apart 7-5,6-1. She beat Nicole Flower, who she just played doubles with last week 6-4,6-4. I will give credit where credit is due. SHE IS FIT!!! Definitely the fittest player at the event. And she had a bilateral stress fracture in 2007-2008.

But yeah, everyone was vocal at their displeasure after hitting an error. The Buckeyes were just over-aggressive. Raymond deserved to win the OF-F as she was WAY more consistent, but Paloma should have won the thing. It was a shame she hurt her ankle.

Old Jul 21st, 2010, 01:29 AM   #39
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
The players only didn't think her game was a joke, coaches and some people watching thought so as well. She wasn't just a moonballer, she had solid groundstrokes, like really solid shots, but would follow them up with a moonball. She was down 2-6,1-4 against Escobedo, then Paloma re-aggravated an ankle injury and couldnt close it and quit at 2-6,7-5,(3-0ret.) in the R16. Then beat Gabby Steele in a 10 point tiebreak in the QF, I believe it was 6-1,5-7, (10-6). Fidan Manashirova fought hard and lost the first set in an hour and a half and fell apart 7-5,6-1. She beat Nicole Flower, who she just played doubles with last week 6-4,6-4. I will give credit where credit is due. SHE IS FIT!!! Definitely the fittest player at the event. And she had a bilateral stress fracture in 2007-2008.

But yeah, everyone was vocal at their displeasure after hitting an error. The Buckeyes were just over-aggressive. Raymond deserved to win the OF-F as she was WAY more consistent, but Paloma should have won the thing. It was a shame she hurt her ankle.

Good response especially about the fitness level. Yeah, Paloma does get injured a lot - she definitely has a lot of ice wrapped around her body after her matches. I would expect OSU coaches and spectators (who don't know any better to love players who can flatten the ball and hit consistent winners to say the same things as players.

But like I was saying, those players need to be stronger and more consistent to beat a player who can mix-it-up.............my two cents......
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 02:30 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
Good response especially about the fitness level. Yeah, Paloma does get injured a lot - she definitely has a lot of ice wrapped around her body after her matches. I would expect OSU coaches and spectators (who don't know any better to love players who can flatten the ball and hit consistent winners to say the same things as players.

But like I was saying, those players need to be stronger and more consistent to beat a player who can mix-it-up.............my two cents......
couldn't agree more!

yeah Paloma hurt her ankle in October and she didn't let it heal because of the dual season...

Old Jul 21st, 2010, 03:58 AM   #41
country flag tennisfiend

tennisfiend is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking for results of East Circuit (Dartmouth), Central Circuit (Kansas), and Mountain Circuit (New Mexico). Anyone know who made the finals in men's and women's singles for these circuits? Thanks.
tennisfiend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 04:32 AM   #42
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

You can find it here.
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #43
country flag gouci

Re: West Circuit

Cal Poly Pomona

Seeds
1. Lacey Smyth - Arizona
2. Kristina Smith - UCI
3. Alison Ramos - USC
4. Nikki Sanders - Texas Tech

Semi-Finals
- Smyth (AZ) def. Sanders (TT) 6-2,6-0
- Ramos (USC) def. Smith (UCI) 6-2,6-2

Finals
- Ramos (USC) def. Smyth (AZ) 1-6,6-3,10-2
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #44
country flag fantic

Smyth, definitely ready for college

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #45
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

fantic

Do you have a flickr or facebook with pictures? If so would you like to link it with your signature.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote