Alison Van Uytvanck - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 4th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #121
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alison Van Uytvanck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully View Post
Can anyone tell me the main points of the article please?
She doesn't fit the stereotype of tennis players

quit the VTV academy because she found it too weird to have friends as competitors (and also had an injury and saw no point in sitting alone far from her family)

her family covered the costs of a personal coach (along with a few other players at the local club in the small town), but those expenses aren't covered on tour, so it has been a big investment for her father.

Her father runs the finances and is always trying to find the cheapest option for hotels and so on, but doesn't want Alison to get distracted from the tennis, so declines sponsorship invitations - instead she should grow up slowly

After her successes in Brussel, though, she got a deal with the VTV academy - they help with sponsors and logistics, but they stay independent. And she has a personal sponsor. So the finances should be solved for a while.

She attends a normal high school, which is difficult because she misses so many classes, but they work with the administration there to solve the problems, and her father thinks it's important that she has friends outside of tennis.

And finally it praises her mental strength and 'ice coolness' - saying she doesn't get carried away, and then more about the father saving money.

Think that was it. Native Dutch speakers feel free to correct.

As for your other question, I read that she was going to try to play in 's-Hertogenbosch, but the Q cut-off there was 112...so she will need a wild card (which isn't entirely impossible as the Dutch girls are all going to Wimbledon Q)

She just (yesterday) withdrew from 25k ITFs during the 1st week of Wimbledon anyway, that suggests to me that she's playing Wimbledon juniors at least.
yet the weakest one still

twitter

Last edited by Håkon : Jun 4th, 2011 at 11:47 PM.
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #122
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

Wow - thank you so much for that!

I was intrigued by her background as didn't think she was with VTV and this answers that. It must be very tough financially for all these young players starting out.

I hope she can get a Rosmalen qualifying wildcard, fingers crossed.

Alison is entered into Wimbledon juniors. She had entered the Roehampton G1 event the week before (19 June) but withdrew yesterday.

She had been entered in the Gerry Webber Open (Junior - Grade 2), the week of 14 June but she withdrew on 31st May.

Anso & Ali - the rise begins ...

Lucie
Tully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #123
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Alison will play qualis of Hertogenbosh
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #124
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
Alison will play qualis of Hertogenbosh
Cool Really hope she does well.

Was really hoping she would get a QWC for Wimbledon but that's seeming unlikely now but at least it's looking like she will play the Wimbledon juniors again.
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #125
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

someone posted in the EL thread she got a QWC, but it turned out false
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #126
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
someone posted in the EL thread she got a QWC, but it turned out false
She's in the qualifying draw. 1st round against Govortsova.
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #127
country flag fouc

and I'm blind
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #128
country flag fouc

Govortsova retired from her last match but she's been playing well lately
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #129
country flag fouc

Uytvanck def. Govorstova wo.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #130
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Match against The Hair should be starting now. Trying to find a livestream that works.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #131
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

For a while it seemed it was one of those single static camera feeds, but it even has a commentator. Some sound problems, but otherwise fine. Beautiful sunny day in The Nether Regions.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #132
country flag fouc

can you post a link?
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #133
country flag fouc

[ok, that is easy to find]
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #134
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Solid so far. 4-1 up.

(well, not watching due to awful net connection, so could be a Dolonts suicide)
yet the weakest one still

twitter
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #135
country flag fouc

some terrible lazy errors from Alison