Alison Van Uytvanck - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #376
country flag venusdemilo

venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all
Re: Alison Van Uytvanck

Alison loses a tough one 8-6 in the third against Australian Open finalist Dominika Cibulkova in the Wimbledon 2nd round. Clearly lost her composure after the time violation call. Am curious to see where she goes from here, how this affects her going forward. Also am curious to see what she says about the call. She definitely had an opportunity here to pull off the upset but let it slip away.

She clearly played well enough to win this, and her game is well suited to the Wimbledon grass.

Also *dead* at all the commentators trying to pronounce her last name.

Last edited by venusdemilo : Jun 25th, 2014 at 08:14 PM.
venusdemilo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #377
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusdemilo View Post
Alison loses a tough one 8-6 in the third against Cibulkova in the Wimbledon 2nd round. Clearly lost her composure after the time violation call. Am curious to see where she goes from here, how this affects her going forward. Also am curious to see what she says about the call. She definitely had an opportunity here to pull off the upset but let it slip away.
We all heard what she said about the call, and it was in Anglo-Saxon rather than Dutch.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #378
country flag venusdemilo

venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all venusdemilo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
We all heard what she said about the call, and it was in Anglo-Saxon rather than Dutch.
Lol I didn't hear it, I was also watching the WS doubles match.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #379
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

That was so awful. As a chair umpire you shouldn't do that on this score. Alison didn't take herself that much time and especially not with the intention to break the rhythm of her opponent.

And players like Sharapova or Nadal extend time between points really a lot and both of them don't even get a warning for that. That is really unfair in my eyes. Cibulkova through to round 3 thanks to the chair umpire and not to her own abilities today. Shame.

Last edited by chaton : Jul 23rd, 2014 at 06:49 PM.
chaton is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #380
country flag venusdemilo

Like you Chaton I believe the timing of that call was unfair and unfortunate to Alison. She's serving for the match and her first top-10 win against the Aussie finalist, and this happens. She lost her composure after that and then the match. I said the same thing after a foot-fault call against Serena at the US Open a couple years ago. Umpires just shouldn't make those kinds of calls at that stage of a match. I hope it doesn't affect her mindset too much going forward with the rest of her career. I think she has a lot of talent and a bright future going forward. Her game is tailor made for the Wimbledon grass.
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #381
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

That call from the umpire was I was watching the match and I have to say for the first time in my life I yelled something to the umpire. I'm happy I was far enough from her chair
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #382
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

As much as it is probably no consolation to Alison right now her singles ranking is projected to increase to 82. Her career high is 85.
Alison is scheduled to play Bucharest, Istanbul & Baku.

Anso & Ali - the rise begins ...

Lucie
Tully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 08:14 PM   #383
country flag Barty_Tennisfan

Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully View Post
As much as it is probably no consolation to Alison right now her singles ranking is projected to increase to 82. Her career high is 85.
That's great news
And with those three tournaments she can collect points and rise into top 70!
Barty_Tennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 11:09 PM   #384

Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully View Post
She has withdrawn from Bucharest, the tournament next week.
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #385
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

Looks like Alison is either now sponsored by Fila or at least being provided with clothing by them. Still using Prince racquets.

Anso & Ali - the rise begins ...

Lucie
Tully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #386
country flag Khaleesi

Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all Khaleesi is a name known to all

Will Alison indeed end her season in Luxembourg? 'Cause she's got a lot of points to defend in the Asian tournaments afterwards
Khaleesi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #387
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

You can find her schedule here: http://alisonvanuytvanck.be/en/schedule/
Old Oct 11th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #388

Will she play every week until half november?

I don't think so... --> http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/tennis/14..._Uytvanck-rust
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #389
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

ALISON WILL END HER SEASON ON THE ITF-CIRCUIT

Next week, Alison will play the WTA-tournament in Luxembourg. Afterwards she will play a few ITF tournaments.

“Alison will end the season early November in Dubai”, her father René said. “We have four tournaments scheduled after next week, but depending on her results, we might still change her schedule. She’s entitled to some well-deserved holiday, but would like to be directly on the main draw of the Australian Open next year.”

At the end of the month Alison will travel to France for the ITF-tournament in Nantes and the WTA 125K-tournament of Limages.
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #390
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't she already in the AO main draw anyway? She's inside top-80...
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote