Alison Van Uytvanck - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #226
country flag Sam.

Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of
Re: Alison Van Uytvanck

I don't think she'll play even in Ismaning because i don't remember she's often playing 3 tournaments in a row Must check in ITF.
Yes i can understand, i noticed she's doing that too Only Europe.
She won 6-3 6-2 against Melnikova Vrljic next.
TT Finals:
2012 Kazan, Bronx(w/Setsuna.), Istanbul(w/fallansky)
2013 Perth
2014 Essen, Koksijde, Westende-Middelkerke (all w/rvugt)
TT Rank: Singles: 147 Doubles: 80
Sam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:22 AM   #227
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

Alison is up to #215. Almost at top 200.

Shame she had a disaster at Glasgow final let hope she does well in Turkey next week.

Anso & Ali - the rise begins ...

Lucie
Tully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:55 AM   #228
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

With this ranking she should enter qualifying for AUS Open! I just don't know if she'll want to spend that much money on a ticket to Australia just to play qualifying
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:19 AM   #229
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

I can't see Alison going to Australia. She always seems to play as close as possible to home to minimise revel costs so I expect her GS qualifying debut will hopefully be at RG.

If she did consider Aus though there are some ITFs post AO she could hang around for to make the trip worth it. I expect she'll start 2013 with West European ITFs though.

Lucie
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:31 PM   #230
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully View Post
I can't see Alison going to Australia. She always seems to play as close as possible to home to minimise revel costs so I expect her GS qualifying debut will hopefully be at RG.

If she did consider Aus though there are some ITFs post AO she could hang around for to make the trip worth it. I expect she'll start 2013 with West European ITFs though.
Yeah me too. But it would still be very nice to finish in the top 200 and have the option of playing the Australian qualiers if she wants too.

I do think next year she will start to travel a bit outside Europe as the year moves on. Definately expect her to play the US Open.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #231
country flag Tully

Alison will start her season at Glasgow $10 k on 14 January.

There are not many higher level ITFs in Europe at this time of year so I am not surprised to see her start at $10k. Hopefully she gets maximum matches.

There is a $25 k event in France the week after this which I am hoping Alison will be on the list for.

Lucie
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #232
country flag Tully

2013 is going to be a very important year for Alison.

As a comparison (& yes I know all playersare different and mature at different times) but at 18 Yanina's year end rank was 221. Alison's official year end rank according to ITF was 220, although she has moved up to 200 now.

At 19 Yanina finished in top 100 at 69.

How will Alison do?

I want Alison to make top 100 but I think top 150 is more realistic goal.

Alison needs to play qualifying at next three slams and hopefully qualify in 2 (I'd like all 3 of course!) of them. She needs to start focus on playing $50k / $25k / $75k events and going deep. Throw in some wta qualifying events come the clay season.

I can understand why Alison is starting at a $10k given the ITF schedule and she needs matches but it should be her last $10k.

Does anyone know how much if any support Alison get from VTV? I remember reading an article with Alison's Dad speaking about how hard it is financially on tour and they always do everything they can to minimise costs.

Lucie

Last edited by Tully : Dec 26th, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #233
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

I don't understand why she doesn't get financial help from the tennis federation.
Meanwhile the Belgian juniors literally travel all around the world. Just look at Elise Mertens: from Japan to the US, to Mexico, and now to Australia. Idem dito for many of our other juniors. I can't imagine their families pay for everything?
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 07:00 PM   #234
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she was also getting some financial help from the VTV.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #235
country flag Tully

Alison has entered $75k tournament in Israel the week of January 28.

Lucie
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #236
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Well the loss in Eilat wasn't really surprising, considering Alison didn't have much time to readjust to playing outdoors again and against a decent opponent all things considered it was an okay effort. The fact Alison did take both sets to 5 all though makes it a little disappointing that she wasn't able to find a way into a third set but that's life.

Anyway...I know next week Alison will be playing Fed Cup for Belgium but what then? There are no WTA events in Europe until the clay season but even more concerning is that there is a complete lack of events at ITF level in Europe above 10k level for the next couple of months. In that time all there is, is one 25k in Moscow starting February 18th, a 50k in France starting March 25th, a 25k in Estonia starting the same week and two 15ks in Great Britain mid March.

That is a very limited selection. I'm wondering if Alison will just make do with these or will she finally start travelling a bit. Probably the former as pretty much every decent event for the next couple of months is a long way away and there doesn't even seem to be any events outside of Europe in close proximity to each other so she could do 2 or 3 events without having to pay for too many long haul flights.

Anyone know Alison's plans?
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #237
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Good question. No idea about her plans.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #238
country flag Tully

After Fed Cup Alison will have a week of training / rest then play $25k Moscow.

Lucie
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #239
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Thanks!
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #240
country flag isabellea

isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute

http://jeusetetmatch.wordpress.com/2...-et-la-suisse/
Photo from today fed cup
isabellea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote