Wimbledon 2010 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1
majcpw

majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of
Wimbledon 2010

Bepa's playing great in the first set. Currently 6-6 going to a tie-breaker.

...but destroyed 7-0 to lose the first set 7-6.

Last edited by majcpw : Jun 21st, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
majcpw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 05:41 PM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2010

Vera won 67 75 61 against Fran, now plays Pironkova in round 2
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 07:28 PM   #3
majcpw

majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Vera won 67 75 61 against Fran, now plays Pironkova in round 2
What a great match she played! Hopefully, she goes deep in this tournament.

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM   #4
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Vera
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:10 PM   #5
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

It's rare that I get a positive-themed premonition;it's usually only when someone dies or if something bad happens.......but today I had a weird,strong feeling that Big Bepa was gonna win.No RG jinx excuses...that's bulls-it!Vera just kicked some tail today

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 10:37 AM   #6
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

V. Dushevina -
Monday, 21 June 2010

Q. You showed a lot of fight and determination out there today against an opponent on a high from winning Roland Garros. What game plan did you come in with?

VERA DUSHEVINA: So I plan for today. And yes, Francesca is champion of Roland Garros, but it's a really different surface, clay and grass. I was the junior championship of Wimbledon, and I know how to play on the grass.

But anyway, she show really good game in first set; second set was very close to her. So I think we played very good tennis. It's like two hours and 54 minutes. It's really tough to win this match.

Q. I think the key game in the second set was when you saved four breakpoints at...

VERA DUSHEVINA: It was 5‑All, I think.

Q. Yeah. Was that a key part of the match?

VERA DUSHEVINA: Yeah, I think so, because I had really big serve, serve and volley, and I was really confident.

Q. When you knew she was gonna be your first‑round opponent, how did you feel?

VERA DUSHEVINA: You know, I feel okay because it's grass. I like grass. I don't really like clay. But last year I play against her in Madrid. It was clay and I also beat her.

I think for me, with her on clay it's really tough than on the grass because it's much faster.

Q. Your victory is still a surprise to a lot of people, I think.

VERA DUSHEVINA: Yeah, maybe.

Q. You haven't yet been beyond the second round at Wimbledon. Is this year gonna be your time?

VERA DUSHEVINA: So let's see. I really hope. I really want to win more match here. I mean, stay for second week.

Q. So you're saying that even though Francesca won the French Open and played so well there, you weren't frightened at all or even daunted by the prospect of playing her the first round here?

VERA DUSHEVINA: So, you know, for me today it's not a big deal against who play first round, just to win. It's grass. It's really surprise. A lot of surprise here.

Q. So her form at Paris, you didn't think about that at all?

VERA DUSHEVINA: No, I didn't think about it really.

Q. What, in your mind, do you think was the key to that third set, because you absolutely dominated in the third set?

VERA DUSHEVINA: So when I did the break in the second set and I won it, it was 6‑5 for me, and I start really well, first break in third set, and I felt that I'm going to win this match.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #7
majcpw

Last edited by majcpw : Jun 27th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.