Lucie's Wild Wonderful Quite Winning Wimbledon 2010 Thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:11 AM   #16
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie's Wild Wonderful Quite Winning Wimbledon 2010 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-KimClijst View Post
This thread didn't even make it past the first page! Is she not playing doubles??
yeah she is playing with Wozniak again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCoTt.ChE. View Post
Oh dear what a non-starter this thread will now be Such a shame Lucie could have gained some points here and her last two slam results exactly the same as last year so no improvement. Hopefully Lucie can find some inspiration leading up to the final slam of the year
I know, I was hopeful for better results than last year given that she is now seeded I hope she can have some good results in the USO series and keep the seeding, and then maybe not draw one of the best unseeded players in the draw because the USO is a good surface for her, and she could make a bit of a run if she actually got a draw and used it...but she has the Canadian Open QF to defend leading into the USO, so she needs a couple of good results in the next few weeks to make sure she stays seeded.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:19 AM   #17
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:45 AM   #18
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
yeah she is playing with Wozniak again

Quote:
I know, I was hopeful for better results than last year given that she is now seeded I hope she can have some good results in the USO series and keep the seeding, and then maybe not draw one of the best unseeded players in the draw because the USO is a good surface for her, and she could make a bit of a run if she actually got a draw and used it...but she has the Canadian Open QF to defend leading into the USO, so she needs a couple of good results in the next few weeks to make sure she stays seeded.
Tell me about it, non Lucie fans might call us paranoid or deluded but she always seems to be presented with some of the worst draws, even seeded (barring a certain tournament i like to think never happened ).

You're right i think she has good chances to advance far at the US Open, i think her groundstrokes will allow her to dominate and not have to defend too much. If only her return could just improve a fraction or she served out sets she could still get wins elsewhere.
I hope she has a solid build up and holds onto the seed to advance past the 2nd round for once . No more Lucie to see play for ages now. Oh well, rant over
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 04:10 AM   #19
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Cibulkova is not at her best on grass, but I still think this was one of the worst, if not the worst unseeded opponent to draw..I mean she is a slam semi finalist, top 15 player...it's a rough draw. If MJMS and Safina had pulled out earlier, Lucie would have had a much easier draw, maybe she could have won a match

As for the USO, I would actually be happy for her to make the 2nd round and lose, so she would have more than 100 points on her ranking from a slam

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #20
country flag Davodus

Lucie won a doubles match at Wimbledon 4-6 6-4 6-3 over Woerle and Marosi Oh well at least she gets something out of Wimbledon.

Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #21
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #22
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Cibulkova is not at her best on grass, but I still think this was one of the worst, if not the worst unseeded opponent to draw..I mean she is a slam semi finalist, top 15 player...it's a rough draw. If MJMS and Safina had pulled out earlier, Lucie would have had a much easier draw, maybe she could have won a match

As for the USO, I would actually be happy for her to make the 2nd round and lose, so she would have more than 100 points on her ranking from a slam
That's very true she would have had an easier draw. What annoyed me was that Oudin (who i hate) snuck in as a seed and drew ALG, who has only just returned, she makes a round and Lucie as a better, more worthy seed doesn't . I suppose the priority would be to get past the first round of a grand slam as it's 1/3 so far

Lucie and Aleksander made a round?!
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #23
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCoTt.ChE. View Post
That's very true she would have had an easier draw. What annoyed me was that Oudin (who i hate) snuck in as a seed and drew ALG, who has only just returned, she makes a round and Lucie as a better, more worthy seed doesn't . I suppose the priority would be to get past the first round of a grand slam as it's 1/3 so far

Lucie and Aleksander made a round?!
Well that's just it, there are so many people in the 3rd round who Lucie could beat Cibulkova is a bad matchup for her because she gets everything back...but so many people in this draw in R3 I'm sure Lucie could comfortably beat. Always the way

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #24
country flag Davodus

If anyone is here, there is a stream of her doubles at http://www.livescorehunter.com/Lives...re-Tennis.html

playing Huber the bitch and Mattek-Sands

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #25
country flag Davodus

Lucie and Wozniak are currently getting thrashed but Lucie is actually playing quite well...she has the ability to totally overpower Huber and that's fun

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #26
country flag Davodus

They lost 6-1 6-1

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #27
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Were Aleks and Lucie relax on the court? I bet yes; and i hope they had some fun even if they just put 2 games

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #28
country flag Davodus

yeah they were laughing and joking a lot, they knew they were gonna lose and they just had fun with it.

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #29
country flag lauraa00

Quote:
yeah they were laughing and joking a lot, they knew they were gonna lose and they just had fun with it.
Well that's cool

So lucie's wimbledon is over now. I don't think she will stay with tomas in the second week, or maybe yes as she stayed in Paris. What's her next tournament? Prague on clay?

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 03:08 AM   #30
country flag Davodus

No next week she is playing in Bastad in Sweden I think.