Lucie's Wild Wonderful Quite Winning Wimbledon 2010 Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #1
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute
Lucie's Wild Wonderful Quite Winning Wimbledon 2010 Thread

This thread is off to a tardy start -- people already hate the draw -- and we can only hope that Ms. Safarova does better here than in her last match.

Good luck Lucie, and *please* play to win from the first point to the last.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #2
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie's Wild Wonderful Quite Winning Wimbledon 2010 Thread

Well at least since the draw came out before you made the thread, you aren't a jinxer

It's gonna be tough, I mean round 3 is probably as far as she can go, but I'd really just like to see her beat Cibulkova

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #3
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Nice title.

The most Lucie can do here is the third round because she will never beat Serena on grass. But every time she has been given a favorable draw she has screwed it up horribly, so it would be nice to see her do well with an awful draw for once!

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #4
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

That's true, maybe a hard draw will make her focus hard and play well

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #5
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

I'm liking the thread title! As for the draw, well not so much It's shite, i mean Lucie is the highest seed in her bracket and possibly plays Serena third round.
Cibulkova is no grass fiend but if Lucie is Mrs Inconsistent, Cibulkova is the opposite. Tanasugarns determined game could be tricky too.
Oh well at least with less expectations Lucie might surpass herself, we can only hope.
Like Winter we are cruel
sCoTt.ChE. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #6
country flag Davodus

I wish Safina and MJMS had pulled out before the draw then Lucie would be the 23rd seed and well away from Serena, and this draw.

Old Jun 20th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #7
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Ouch bad draw. Plus i love Domi

Let's go Lucie, start your lawn mower and surprise us

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 07:43 PM   #8
country flag Davodus

Lucie is third on court 6...not sure if it has a stream or not, doesn't seem to at the moment.

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 03:43 PM   #9
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Up an early break. Into the livescore thread.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM   #10

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

More like Lucie's Woeful Wanchancy Quite Worrying Wimbledon 2010!

Thank You, Kim
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM   #11
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Well this is grass , so personally i was not exepcting something special from her. I don't think she likes this surface otherwise she will try to prepare better herself for Wimbledon. Moreover, you can't act as a grass player with just snapping fingers, movements and rebounds are different. I'm going to talk about myself, i don't know if anyone play regularly tennis here and make tournaments, i do and in my tennis club we don't have any clay courts, only hard courts, and when i have to play tournaments on clay i always have so problems because i'm not used to play on it and this is something you have to learn. I put grass in the same bag
So I tell my life and give my opinion about Lucie's on grass I don't think it's a big deal, i'm more focusing on lucie's hard courts season

Congrats to Domi

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM   #12
country flag Davodus

Bah I was asleep for the match, but given that she served for the first set, I'm really annoyed that she lost. This was a bad draw anyway, but still, she loses her serve too much when trying to serve things out.

Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 12:43 AM   #13
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Your're right Robert.

Or I guess it's Lucie's Woeful 'Oh Well' Not Quite Winning a Match at Wimbledon Thread.

Sorry everyone. David I was following point tracker and the first set was annoying.

Laura, I definitely hear what you're saying about the surfaces. Sometimes I wish people talked more about tennis from a playing perspective on the boards.

I think Lucie could have a good game for grass. My argument -- and maybe I'm wrong here -- is she need only look to Nadal (or Lopez to a lesser degree) on the men's side and Makarova on the women's side to see what damage she could do as a lefty on grass.

A lefty with a strong serve like Lucie should be able to win service games and points with ease on grass. Makarova just went through Eastbourne qualies and main draw winning straight sets and Azarenka was simply not returning Makarova's serves out wide in the final.

Granted Makarova hits a lower flatter ball on groundstrokes than Lucie and doesn't have as big of a swing, especially on the forehand side. I think Lucie's form or technique is more fun to watch, but Makarova is obviously a lot more effective.

Anyway, let's stick a fork in this thread.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:01 AM   #14

This thread didn't even make it past the first page! Is she not playing doubles??

Thank You, Kim
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:07 AM   #15
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

Oh dear what a non-starter this thread will now be Such a shame Lucie could have gained some points here and her last two slam results exactly the same as last year so no improvement. Hopefully Lucie can find some inspiration leading up to the final slam of the year
Like Winter we are cruel
sCoTt.ChE. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote