Martina Hingis Admiration Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #1
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Martina Hingis Admiration Thread

Although there are already some great threads on Martina Hingis,i still decided to make this thread,because of she deserves the thread.

I asked Martian Martin for the permission to make this thread.He replied in positive and appreciated my idea. Thankyou Martian Martin.

People on thread know that i'm a great fan of Steffi,but i support Hingis also(after Graf).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mh8.jpg (29.8 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg mh9.jpg (26.0 KB, 3 views)
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King

Last edited by R-K-M : Jun 21st, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #2
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martina Hingis Admiration Thread

Martian Martin is a man not a woman.

Martina Hingis. What can I say about her? She introduced me to the game of tennis. I've become a fan and student of the game since - never have I seen a more talented player with a sharper mind than her. She was a genius.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #3
country flag tom62

tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice

she is my idol , and i know what this year , for the usopen 2010 she will comeback again this game is so great and incredible !!!!
tom62 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #4
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom62 View Post
she is my idol , and i know what this year , for the usopen 2010 she will comeback again this game is so great and incredible !!!!
really? I'm too waiting for comeback.
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

The sport lost a lot of sparkle when Hingis dropped out of the top ranks. She was such a tactician, and no matter how people felt about her she can never be accused of being boring!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #6
country flag tom62

tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice tom62 is just really nice

COMEBACK swiss-miss
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #7
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

The only sportsperson to make me cry! I was a the peak of my Hingis obsession in 1999 where I used to memorize her roads to final/semifinal.
Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #8
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
Martian Martin is a man not a woman.

Martina Hingis. What can I say about her? She introduced me to the game of tennis. I've become a fan and student of the game since - never have I seen a more talented player with a sharper mind than her. She was a genius.
I so agree re the brilliance of Hingis. I dont think at the time she was so dominant people fully appreciated what a great player she was. I mean there was residual popularity and adoration for Graf allied to a sentimentality re Seles. This at times undermined Martina along with her own temperament. And you are so correct. She was a genius and her prowess at doubles,even at a very early age, is testament to that.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #9
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom62 View Post
You have said this before. I hope if she does come back that she is fully up for the challenges and setbacks of the tour. Is that serious though about the US Open. Or am I being naieve???
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #10
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
The sport lost a lot of sparkle when Hingis dropped out of the top ranks. She was such a tactician, and no matter how people felt about her she can never be accused of being boring!
RolloThis was the great thing with Hingis, she was like an old fashioned player really. I guess at the time we didnt fully appreciate it for many reasons,among which was the temperament of Martina herself. And no the game was never boring, with the variety of strokes and tactics she employed it could never be boring.
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #11
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polikarpov View Post
The only sportsperson to make me cry! I was a the peak of my Hingis obsession in 1999 where I used to memorize her roads to final/semifinal.
Cool so out of interest, what matches that Martina won gave you the most joy and conversely what of her defeats caused you the most disquiet and upset??
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM   #12
country flag R-K-M

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM   #13
country flag iainmac

Lovely photos.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:29 PM   #14
country flag tom62

tomorrow martina starts this 3 exhibition tournament in 3 weeks ( after nottingham and liverpool ) sha play at manchesters 23/26 june
after is wimbledon with anna kournikova etc...
after is the WTT 2010 .....
and after martina will saying if she comebbac at the wta again !!!!
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 01:31 PM   #15
country flag tom62

http://kawai-hingis.skyrock.com/

this is the best blog with all the result in exhibitions and new interview for wimbledon

enjoy all