THE TRUTH ABOUT DRUG TESTING - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 12:04 AM   #1
AmonRa777

AmonRa777 is an unknown quantity at this point
THE TRUTH ABOUT DRUG TESTING

The value of drug testing is vastly overrated...The Olympics are state of the art...and yet they still fail to clean up the games..the determined cheater will always fool the test

Via money, the cheaters have access to the same Bio-chemist who design the test...the sophisticated masking agents are far more difficult to detect than the actual drug...

I am in favor of specific test at random times, provided confidentiality is a priority....no athlete should be slandered because they popped tylenol cold medicine the week before a tournament...if you look for steroids and illegal recreational drugs, then the test sample should be taken randomly before the tournaments....

Steroids are easy to detect, but the problem is that they are cycled..the user will simply stop dosing two weeks before the test and flush his system of indicators while being able to compete before the ill gotten gains diminish...most illegal recreational drugs can be easily shielded with masking agents,if the player knows when they will be tested

The best solution is always education and common sense...teach the players at a young age about the damage of drugs to their future...if a player loses a large amount of fat while adding strenght over a short period of time, do targeted multiple random test...

Testing is not the answer, character, knowledge and good support groups are
AmonRa777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 12:19 AM   #2
Jay

Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice Jay is just really nice
what a load of bollocks !

Now re-opened ! well, kind of
Jay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2002, 12:21 AM   #3
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
It's always the sore losers that are always pushing to have players tested a million times over.
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2002, 01:31 AM   #4
country flag *roddicksinme*

*roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute
does that mean the winner is on drugs?
Pierce Petrova Frazier Smashnova Tulyaganova Davenport Jankovic Fonseca Capriati Clijsters Golovin Hingis Sharapova Peer Chakvetadze Shaughnessy Schiavone Schnyder Molik Zvonareva Castano Sequera Garbin Kuznetsova Mirza Sprem Tanasugarn Rampre Gallovits Gullickson Uberois Granville Suarez Ruano Czink
*roddicksinme* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2002, 04:27 AM   #5
Cybelle Darkholme

Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future Cybelle Darkholme has a brilliant future
I say test away, already! Weed out the losers who need drugs and lets move on. Anyone who takes that crap is just shortening their life anyway.
The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote