Happy Birthday :¤: Steffi Graf :¤: - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2010, 04:50 AM   #1
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Happy Birthday :¤: Steffi Graf :¤:

Tommorow ,June 14 th is 41th Birth day.Wish her on this thread.

I really appreciate her quotation about celebrations and gifts.
It is-
"Birthdays are of no major importance in our family. I am not interested in gifts, it is much more important to me to be together with all the others. I am happy when my family is fine," Graf told DPA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steffi_graf72.jpg (5.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg steffi-graf1973.jpg (7.5 KB, 7 views)
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King

Last edited by R-K-M : Jun 13th, 2010 at 12:22 PM.
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #2
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future
Re: Happy Birthday :¤: Steffi Graf :¤:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Tommorow ,June 14 th is 41th Birth day.Wish her on this thread.
Happy birthday Stephanie
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #3
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

From Rediff.com,

This article wrote in 2000.

Happy Birthday, Steffi
-Roshan Paul

Steffi Graf

Today, almost a year after closing the curtain on her professional career, Steffi Graf turns 31. It is hard to believe that Graf has not graced a tennis court for almost a year, and even harder to come to terms with the fact that the world will never see this magnificent athlete play competitively ever again.

'Fraulein Forehand', as she was affectionately dubbed out of an awestruck respect for the lethality of her powerful forehand cross-court shot, is arguably the greatest player to have ever picked up a tennis racket. On her way to redefining the face of women's tennis over the course of a 16-year international career, she met few that belonged on the same tennis court as she did.

Born in Mannheim, Germany on June 14th, 1969, Stefanie Graf began to play tennis under the tutelage and encouragement of her father, Peter, who became her first coach. At the age of 13, which is young even by the standards of today's teenage brigade, she turned pro and became the youngest player ever to be ranked by the Women's Tennis Association. In 1987, she won the first of her 22 Grand Slam singles titles, when she beat Martina Navratilova to win the French Open; and displaced the great Czech as queen of women's tennis.

A year later, she achieved tennis' Holy Grail when she won all four Grand Slam events as well as the Olympic gold medal to attain a 'Golden Slam'. Of the remaining 12 years of the twentieth century, Graf finished eight of them as number one and held that ranking for 377 weeks, longer than any other player, male or female. She won 107 WTA singles and eleven doubles titles. She is the only player of either sex to win each of the four Grand Slam tournaments at least four times as well as the only player to win each of them in the 1990s. During her illustrious career, Graf amassed earnings to the tune of $21,895,277, which is more than any other female player.

The list of Steffi Graf statistics is endless but it doesn't quite paint the whole picture. Statistics alone are inadequate to describe the force of the Graf phenomenon and the impact it had on the game. They cannot depict the sheer power of her on-court presence and they cannot tell that besides being a great tennis player, she was a spectacular athlete and tremendous competitor. Nobody who watched her triumphant fightbacks against Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario in the 1995 Wimbledon or the 1996 French Open finals, or her famous victory over an inspired, but temperamental, Jana Novotna at the Wimbledon finals in 1993 will ever forget those historic matches.

Steffi Graf

Ever since her first Grand slam victory in 1987, she was undoubtedly the best player in the world; though for a brief while, Monica Seles could lay a claim to that sobriquet. It is indeed tragic that just as the tennis community was licking its lips in anticipation of a great Graf-Seles rivalry to match that of the intensity of the Chris Evert-Martina Navratilova rivalry, the psychotic actions of a deranged Graf fan destroyed those expectations.

However, there is a lot more to Graf than just tennis. Perhaps the most notable of her off-court activities is her own foundation named 'Children for Tomorrow'. This is a nonprofit foundation whose projects are targeted towards children all over the world that have been disadvantaged by fate. Leaving the material needs of such children to other organizations, Children for Tomorrow focuses on the treatment of the psychological scars that have been inflicted on these children.

For her efforts towards this cause, Graf was recently felicitated by the International Olympic Committee, who awarded her the prestigious Olympic Order medal. Besides this award, she has also picked up several others on announcing her retirement. These include the World Sports Award of the Century and the Female Sports Award of the last decade.

On her 31st birthday today, Steffi Graf seems content with her life. By her own admission, she is experiencing no "withdrawal symptoms". Her relationship with Andre Agassi is going well and she is happily busy with her humanitarian commitments. Nevertheless, her departure has left a big hole in women's tennis that will be nigh impossible to fill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lptn07.jpg (64.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: gif graf9896.gif (73.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 96LPT-R0479-N2small.jpg (14.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 14stefi2.jpg (7.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 14stefi1.jpg (11.8 KB, 1 views)
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #4
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

Its already 14th in my city, so finaly can say
Happy Birthday, Steffi, the queen, the goddes, the great mother, Graf!

Also thank Heidi, for gave birth to our steffi 41 years ago and raise her up.

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动

Last edited by steffiandbibi : Jun 13th, 2010 at 04:46 PM.
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #5
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Happy birthay Steffi.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #6
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice

Happy Birthday Steffi or Stefanie, however one says your name. You are the best to ever play the game. So, hope all is well with you and your family. And thank you very much for all the wonderful memories and for all the hope you bring through your foundation for children of the world. Thank You.
Lynz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #7
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Happy birthday, Steffi!!!!
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #8
country flag ECTennis

ECTennis is an unknown quantity at this point
TEEKANNE Donates 10K to Steffi Graf's Foundation

TEEKANNE Herbal Wellness Tea announces today that it has donated $10,000 to the Children for Tomorrow Foundation, a foundation which provides assistance to children and families who have become victims of war, persecution and violence.

At a check presentation ceremony held in Las Vegas, Nevada, TEEKANNE representatives Sascha Braeuer, Member of the Board – Export and Shauna Collins, Senior Brand Manager TEEKANNE North America, were on hand to present the $10,000 check to Steffi Graf, Founder and Chairwoman of the Children for Tomorrow Foundation.

“TEEKANNE Herbal Wellness Tea is pleased to lend its support to the Children for Tomorrow Foundation, an organization dedicated to enhancing the lives and spirits of less fortunate children and families around the world who have seen and endured unimaginable acts of violence,” said Shauna Collins.

“I am honored to have a partner like TEEKANNE Herbal Wellness Tea lending its support to assist those in need. The Children for Tomorrow Foundation is highly focused on the mental wellbeing of children, which has been compromised in the face of conflict. Left untreated, psychological damage can often lead to unproductive, violent behavior in the future. Financial resources provided to Children for Tomorrow help to heal the psychological damage sustained by victims through the efforts of therapy,” states Steffi Graf.
ECTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #9
country flag Bruppacher

Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light Bruppacher is a glorious beacon of light

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag STEFFI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruppacher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #10
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Steffi!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #11
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

I am a bit late, but happy birthday to one of the greatest players ever to set foot on a tennis court. And one of the most humble.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote