Grass is Ass: 's-Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon 2010 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #76
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grass is Ass: 's-Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I think there is no way this can be a "slight" discomfort or anything like that. As Goldenlox says, players don't withdraw from Wimbledon if they can help it. I can't believe this is not serious.

She is probably paying now for coming back too early, as everyone knew she was. That move backfired completely. She didn't win at all, so she gained no confidence and probably lost some, and now she's injured again. In the end it would have been so much better to take as much time as was needed to fully recover and be totally ready. Frankly, if she had done that she would probably be fit to play Wimbledon. Hopefully the break will do her some good and she will actually wait to be fit this time. With some luck she might be ready for USO, but she should be patient with the injury this time. This is becoming a chronic injury, and if she doesn't take the time to fix it properly, forget about coming back this year... her career might be done. But I'm sure she understands how important proper recovery and rehab is now, so she won't let that happen.
Howard,I can't argue with your logic at all...but you don't post here very often...and I wanna make sure you realize that you're allowed to post even when Dinara's doing WELL....You're not restricted only to Doomsday News.Like I said,you should come around more often cuz the gals take long breaks while they're catching their breath after ogling shirtless Marat photos

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #77
country flag DS.Fan.

DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of

I can understand why she come back so early!!!But I can't control myself!I'm very very angry with her injury again!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinara Safina

Support Venus&Bojona all the time
DS.Fan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #78
country flag illusyve
I'll Hold My Breath

illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of illusyve has much to be proud of

Dina I'm gutted
Hoping for her to take enough time off and only come back when she fully recovers.

It's bad that she's losing ranking points quickly but it's worse if she come back too early and get re-injured and risk the rest of her career.

Anyone know how low she is projected to fall after Wimbledon? (30s, 40s?)
What about after the US Open series?

chakvetadze | hantuchova | henin | jankovic | safina djokovic | gasquet | hewitt | kohlschreiber | safin

suicide rogers cup 2011 champ.

illusyve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #79
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusyve View Post
Dina I'm gutted
Hoping for her to take enough time off and only come back when she fully recovers.

It's bad that she's losing ranking points quickly but it's worse if she come back too early and get re-injured and risk the rest of her career.

Anyone know how low she is projected to fall after Wimbledon? (30s, 40s?)
What about after the US Open series?
You can send Norby a PM cuz he's the expert with that points stuff...whenever he gets over his daily bad mood,he'll likely give you a reply

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #80
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I think there is no way this can be a "slight" discomfort or anything like that. As Goldenlox says, players don't withdraw from Wimbledon if they can help it. I can't believe this is not serious.
I'm actually not so sure about that. I mean, maybe I'm being delusional. I don't think she'd pull out if she wasn't injured. But she's also said all along that if she has the slightest pain or the slightest suspicious result on her MRIs, which she's having at every tournament, she can't play. My optimistic side is letting me delude myself into thinking that she's being responsible and pulling out at the slightest twinge. Of course, she hasn't behaved responsibly towards her health in almost a year, so I realize that's probably unrealistic. In a couple of days I'll come around.

Either way, I hope she doesn't come back until she's really, really ready. Physically and mentally.

(Also, re: rankings, I think after Wimbledon the lowest she can be is something like 30-35. Unless absolutely everyone ranked below her goes on a total tear. But someone else will know for sure. )
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
redsonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #81
country flag PersephoneDisco
Because She's Worth It

PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future PersephoneDisco has a brilliant future

Oh god. I really think it's make or break for her. How she'll respond to this re-injury will tell us a lot. There's no way she can gloss over the paper cracks of such a serious and chronic injury. I hope she will let herself take the time to fix the problems that need to be gravely dealt with, if not her injury will force her to take the time. And it could be the time to get a puppy and play happy families from there on.
PersephoneDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #82
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneDisco View Post
Oh god. I really think it's make or break for her. How she'll respond to this re-injury will tell us a lot. There's no way she can gloss over the paper cracks of such a serious and chronic injury. I hope she will let herself take the time to fix the problems that need to be gravely dealt with, if not her injury will force her to take the time. And it could be the time to get a puppy and play happy families from there on.
Let's hope it's not that serious,JSB....Thanks to Twitter,even former non-fans are starting to fall in love with Dinarik and see how much personality she has within her.It'd be a damned shame to lose her NOW....I'd have a MAJOR celebration if she ever won a Slam after all she's been through

Fare thee well, Li
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #83
country flag makini

makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all makini is a name known to all

Hopefully she takes the appropriate time off this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
I'm actually not so sure about that. I mean, maybe I'm being delusional. I don't think she'd pull out if she wasn't injured. But she's also said all along that if she has the slightest pain or the slightest suspicious result on her MRIs, which she's having at every tournament, she can't play. My optimistic side is letting me delude myself into thinking that she's being responsible and pulling out at the slightest twinge. Of course, she hasn't behaved responsibly towards her health in almost a year, so I realize that's probably unrealistic. In a couple of days I'll come around.

Either way, I hope she doesn't come back until she's really, really ready. Physically and mentally.

(Also, re: rankings, I think after Wimbledon the lowest she can be is something like 30-35. Unless absolutely everyone ranked below her goes on a total tear. But someone else will know for sure. )
I think that the threat of not being able to play scared her, so she'll be withdrawing from tournaments at the first sign of trouble. I'm being delusional with you Christina.
makini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #84
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute

Get the girl a puppy, we can wait until Australia rolls around again.
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #85
osseous

osseous has disabled reputation

Oh no! Get well soon girl!
osseous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #86
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute Ashi has a reputation beyond repute

''O eco-friendly, Nature ke rakshak, Main bhi hoon nature!. Rivaazon se, Samaajhon se, kyon, Tu kaate mujhe, Kyun baante mujhse iss tarah. Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaaye, Jab sach sunn bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole toh tu, niyam kanoon bataaye. Tera darr, tera pyaar, teri waah, tu hi rakh!!! ''~~~ Irshad Kamil
Dinara Safina & Sania Mirza
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #87
country flag lilimi

lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute lilimi has a reputation beyond repute

WHAA-AAAA-TTTT????!!! I cant belive she withdrew! I knew she came back toooo early and thos stupid french media talking about our national football team of loosers!!!!they can't say Dinara is out of Wimbly???
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #88
country flag DS.Fan.

DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of DS.Fan. has much to be proud of

Why did her doctor allow her to come back so early????
Didn't she do anything according to her doctor's requestion???
she shouldn't come back soon but her doctor shouldn't allow her come back early?

Dinara Safina

Support Venus&Bojona all the time
DS.Fan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 06:07 AM   #89
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Howard,I can't argue with your logic at all...but you don't post here very often...and I wanna make sure you realize that you're allowed to post even when Dinara's doing WELL....
I wonder when that will be... But I'll try to come around more often.

Quote:
You're not restricted only to Doomsday News.Like I said,you should come around more often cuz the gals take long breaks while they're catching their breath after ogling shirtless Marat photos
. Not that us guys are necessarily better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caratantcheva View Post
Get the girl a puppy, we can wait until Australia rolls around again.
You're right, patience is a virtue. I don't think it matters if she's out for 3 months, or 6 months, as long as she is absolutely ready when she comes back. Like Kim Clijsters was ready, or Justine was ready. Maybe not reaching a slam final immediately as they could do, but at least winning some rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilimi View Post
WHAA-AAAA-TTTT????!!! I cant belive she withdrew! I knew she came back toooo early and thos stupid french media talking about our national football team of loosers!!!!they can't say Dinara is out of Wimbly???
I think most countries' media are obsessed with the football right now. A lot of things get pushed to the back. I'm not a big football follower myself, but I guess it's unavoidable that some things don't get reported well when the world cup is on. It's like that over here when the world cup rugby is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy^^Dinarik View Post
Why did her doctor allow her to come back so early????
Didn't she do anything according to her doctor's requestion???
she shouldn't come back soon but her doctor shouldn't allow her come back early?
She definitely came back too early, but in the end it's her choice. Her doctors can only advise her. She makes the decisions. They probably told her, you have this percentage risk of reinjury if you return now... And she decided to take the risk. It must have been very tempting. Apart from the truly elite players, she probably believed she could beat most of the players without being at 100%. I think almost everyone on this forum knew she was making a mistake by coming back too early, but people were hopeful she wouldn't have to pay too dearly for that error. Unfortunately, she has. But she still has some years ahead of her. She mustn't rush now, she has to rehab properly otherwise 2011 won't be any better. She has to realise that a few months of extra tournaments aren't worth risking her long term career over. Especially since it turns out to be so hard to win when she is at less than 100% anyway. She has to give the average tour players some credit. They absolutely can beat her if she is not fit, and she's probably realised that by now. An unfit Dina is no more than top 40 level, which is not where she should be.

Last edited by HowardH : Jun 21st, 2010 at 06:19 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM   #90
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

fuck. and again, fuck. this is just what everybody told her thats gonna happen.

if she would take the time off in november or after AO, she should had that fuckin dog already. because when you don't play or travel, you have time to take care the dog...