Grass is Ass: 's-Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon 2010 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #61
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future
Re: Grass is Ass: 's-Hertogenbosch and Wimbledon 2010

Norbi's right. Yeah, injury and all. But she didn't lose that match to Kimiko at RG because of the injury. She lost it because she couldn't keep her head together. One of her biggest strengths used to be that she could "win ugly", but now she can't even win when she's ahead (see: almost every match she's lost since she came back). That's a huge problem, and it's one only she can fix. No amount of time, no coaching change, no number of matches played is going to help her with that. She has to decide to do it herself.
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
redsonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #62
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely agree with Norbi there. But she used to be able to tough out those ridiculous tight matches and one doesn't just lose that ability without any triggering impact. I think trouble with Zeljko or the back injury left her kind of fragile in the head, she did pretty well even at the start of the year coming back from 0-5 against Radwanska. Girl needs to relax, get her hair done, and come back at the start of next year. She's not doing herself any favours by plugging away for nothing.

Actually, come to think of it, she was kinda fucked up by that awful Wimbledon semifinal. She lost tight ones to Rezai, Kvitova, Chang and Zhang after that so maybe that ruined her confidence.
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #63
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

I don't think the Wimbledon semifinal had anything to do with it. I still don't think that was mental, she just got schooled by Venus on grass. To me the first really bad one was Sara Errani at Portoroz. And everything after that... she was injured already. The first horrible decision was playing on after USO. Australia was actually very good, the best I'd seen her look in a really long time, until she got reinjured. And since then... disaster.
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #64
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
Norbi's right. Yeah, injury and all. But she didn't lose that match to Kimiko at RG because of the injury. She lost it because she couldn't keep her head together. One of her biggest strengths used to be that she could "win ugly", but now she can't even win when she's ahead (see: almost every match she's lost since she came back). That's a huge problem, and it's one only she can fix. No amount of time, no coaching change, no number of matches played is going to help her with that. She has to decide to do it herself.
Yes,I agree with you and Norby that Dinarik must find that mental strength within herself....first and foremost...but I think she's capable of doing that.......eventually

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #65
country flag ~Kiera~
The dragon that spits fire

~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute

http://m.wimbledon.org/mobile/index.html

Quote:
Dinara Safina has withdrawn from Wimbledon due to a low back injury. As she was seeded 20 her position in the draw is taken by Melanie Oudin who will be listed as the 33rd seed. Oudin's place in the draw is taken by a lucky loser Stephanie Dubois of Canada.

Q. It went through the net.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Through the net? Under the net?
~Kiera~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #66
country flag redsonja

Like I said on Twitter, this doesn't surprise me at all. As long as she's not actually reinjured, this is much better than losing even more confidence by playing and losing again.
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #67
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know she's not reinjured? Players dont withdraw from Wimbledon over small things
This sounds very bad to me.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #68
country flag nikeshirtoffug
I put my hand upon your hip when I dip you dip

nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all nikeshirtoffug is a name known to all

I really don't think it's a serious reinjury (knock on something). If we hadn't seen her all over twitter and attending the player's party I'd be more worried. If she really reinjured herself I think she'd be devastated and not telling people with smiley faces that she was going to get a puppy when she gets home. Perhaps there's been some discomfort, but I really hope it's not anything like before. Again, I actually knocked on my wood side table.

The girl is completely out of sorts right now. With the injury, her struggling game, and the fact that the way she's lived her life every day life for almost 3 years completely turning upside down on her, she's a total mess. In a way her just getting up and leaving before the inevitable is probably the best thing. Once in a while it's just not worth it.
nikeshirtoffug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #69
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care

Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute

low back injury?
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #70
country flag Aleksandrina

Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future Aleksandrina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hi guys...sorry to tell u but I had to pull out today...my back injury came back and I can't play...I tried but I can't...sorry
http://twitter.com/Dinarik27

http://i39.tinypic.com/34hcc35.jpg

"I hope she can be No. 1 for a long time so she can prove to everybody that they can go fuck themselves." - © Marat

Aleksandrina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #71
country flag redsonja

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
How do you know she's not reinjured? Players dont withdraw from Wimbledon over small things
This sounds very bad to me.
I don't, and I sincerely hope she's not. But since her odnoklassniki status has been "Home soon!!!!!" for a couple of days, I'm hoping that if she is, it's not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeshirtoffug View Post
The girl is completely out of sorts right now. With the injury, her struggling game, and the fact that the way she's lived her life every day for almost 3 years completely turning upside down on her, she's a total mess. In a way her just getting up and leaving before the inevitable is probably the best thing. Once in a while it's just not worth it.
Lexi said it first, and better. Mental health withdrawals are not kosher, but she needs one in a bad way. Having 6-7 weeks to really take stock and regroup is exactly what she needs right now, and again, as long as she's really not seriously reinjured, I totally support her pulling the plug. It would be the first sensible decision she's made since she decided to go to Stuttgart.

And if she really is seriously reinjured, please, Dinara, do not rush back. It's gotten you nowhere twice now.
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #72
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinayer View Post
low back injury?
Dinara tiene madurez para darse cuenta que su salud debe mejorar.No seas triste,mi sobrina;Dinarik no le gusta el pasto....y puede descansar mas su espalda

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #73
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
Lexi said it first, and better. Mental health withdrawals are not kosher, but she needs one in a bad way. Having 6-7 weeks to really take stock and regroup is exactly what she needs right now, and again, as long as she's really not seriously reinjured, I totally support her pulling the plug. It would be the first sensible decision she's made since she decided to go to Stuttgart.

And if she really is seriously reinjured, please, Dinara, do not rush back. It's gotten you nowhere twice now.
Yeah,when you're a fan,then you don't want your faves missing the biggest events.....but sometimes it can't be helped...and I'd LOVE to see her return more mentally re-charged:The results would follow,IMO

Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #74
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is no way this can be a "slight" discomfort or anything like that. As Goldenlox says, players don't withdraw from Wimbledon if they can help it. I can't believe this is not serious.

She is probably paying now for coming back too early, as everyone knew she was. That move backfired completely. She didn't win at all, so she gained no confidence and probably lost some, and now she's injured again. In the end it would have been so much better to take as much time as was needed to fully recover and be totally ready. Frankly, if she had done that she would probably be fit to play Wimbledon. Hopefully the break will do her some good and she will actually wait to be fit this time. With some luck she might be ready for USO, but she should be patient with the injury this time. This is becoming a chronic injury, and if she doesn't take the time to fix it properly, forget about coming back this year... her career might be done. But I'm sure she understands how important proper recovery and rehab is now, so she won't let that happen.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #75
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I also think the worst. She came back in January, played a few matches.
Took months off, and the back injury is still there.
And still there after she was able to play several matches.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote