Off topic - The Chak fans chat thread! - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #2071
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off topic - The Chak fans chat thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie_R View Post
One of the best looking games on tour imo...that slice is so beautiful.
So true.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #2072
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #2073
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

I got some qualifying photos uploaded. Im happy that some turned out well, though theres a lot of unsharp ones as usual

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7429565...7632484301119/

The weather was nice, although I ended up getting sunburnt anyway. Glad im not there today, its much hotter and very bad for the players. Tried to watch a few matches. Started off with Hadzic v Larcher de Brito which was a gulf in class. Michell didnt have to do a lot apart from keep the rally going and move the ball around a bit. Azra made 37 UEs to Michelle's 18 which is usually her problem, at one point she said,"every time the freaking backhand error" She won a few games in the second set and broke serve so she can get some satisfaction from that. Both of them looked hot, Michelle was in a white adidas.

Next was Bouchard v some Brazillian. She has a decent ground game, nothing outstanding, so she can add some power to it. Some people said her strokes are ugly, but I thought they looked okay. Her opponent was a decent retriever, but it should have been a routine win, dont know why she dropped a set. She got the biggest crowd after the match that i saw all day. Looks like she just lost to Gavrilova in two TBs. Unlucky, but im not surprised because if Gavrilova keeps the ball in play, Bouchard will probably make an error.

Spent the longest time watching Krunic v MEC. Aleks is both fun to watch and extremely frustrating. If you saw her v Bojana at Baku you know what I mean. She is always varying pace and trying to keep the opponent off balance. She goes for the dropshot a lot and seems to make about half of them, but its very entertaining. She started off really cracking the serve and the groundstrokes, I think she might have got a bit stronger. She looks a little more solid than last year when she was tiny. She was making a good contact with the ball, but making too many easy errors. Her game is to go for it and hopefully the ball lands in. MEC is an experienced opponent who knows how to keep the ball in play and wait for the error and that was how she played the whole match, which was probably why it took so long. The last few games of the first set Aleks was saving a lot of break points and eventually coughed up one of them.

She recovered in the second set, getting the early break and making less errors and winning 6-4. It was taking so long I went for a walk to see who else was playing and had a look at Mattek Sands on the main court. She was wearing a purple outfit and green shoes and was struggling because she called for a MTO. Anyway she was up against the top seed Tsurenko. Went back to the match in third set. Aleks was making too many errors to get control of the set. She was hitting some great winners followed by a soft error. All she could was keep fighting to hold serve and she called the trainer to bandage her arm. Finally, lost the set 9-7. I think she is improving her game though and if she is in form with her shots going in she is a tough matchup.

Finished off with Puig v Wang. I had to leave to go out for dinner so I didnt get to see the exciting second half. Wang was rallying well and she's quite big so she wasnt being overpowered. I didnt really see Monica going for the big winners like she did against Kerber, maybe her game wasnt quite on. Still I cant believe she lost when she should have qualified easily.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #2074
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
another WTA final loss
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #2075
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
I got some qualifying photos uploaded. Im happy that some turned out well, though theres a lot of unsharp ones as usual

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7429565...7632484301119/

The weather was nice, although I ended up getting sunburnt anyway. Glad im not there today, its much hotter and very bad for the players. Tried to watch a few matches. Started off with Hadzic v Larcher de Brito which was a gulf in class. Michell didnt have to do a lot apart from keep the rally going and move the ball around a bit. Azra made 37 UEs to Michelle's 18 which is usually her problem, at one point she said,"every time the freaking backhand error" She won a few games in the second set and broke serve so she can get some satisfaction from that. Both of them looked hot, Michelle was in a white adidas.

Next was Bouchard v some Brazillian. She has a decent ground game, nothing outstanding, so she can add some power to it. Some people said her strokes are ugly, but I thought they looked okay. Her opponent was a decent retriever, but it should have been a routine win, dont know why she dropped a set. She got the biggest crowd after the match that i saw all day. Looks like she just lost to Gavrilova in two TBs. Unlucky, but im not surprised because if Gavrilova keeps the ball in play, Bouchard will probably make an error.

Spent the longest time watching Krunic v MEC. Aleks is both fun to watch and extremely frustrating. If you saw her v Bojana at Baku you know what I mean. She is always varying pace and trying to keep the opponent off balance. She goes for the dropshot a lot and seems to make about half of them, but its very entertaining. She started off really cracking the serve and the groundstrokes, I think she might have got a bit stronger. She looks a little more solid than last year when she was tiny. She was making a good contact with the ball, but making too many easy errors. Her game is to go for it and hopefully the ball lands in. MEC is an experienced opponent who knows how to keep the ball in play and wait for the error and that was how she played the whole match, which was probably why it took so long. The last few games of the first set Aleks was saving a lot of break points and eventually coughed up one of them.

She recovered in the second set, getting the early break and making less errors and winning 6-4. It was taking so long I went for a walk to see who else was playing and had a look at Mattek Sands on the main court. She was wearing a purple outfit and green shoes and was struggling because she called for a MTO. Anyway she was up against the top seed Tsurenko. Went back to the match in third set. Aleks was making too many errors to get control of the set. She was hitting some great winners followed by a soft error. All she could was keep fighting to hold serve and she called the trainer to bandage her arm. Finally, lost the set 9-7. I think she is improving her game though and if she is in form with her shots going in she is a tough matchup.

Finished off with Puig v Wang. I had to leave to go out for dinner so I didnt get to see the exciting second half. Wang was rallying well and she's quite big so she wasnt being overpowered. I didnt really see Monica going for the big winners like she did against Kerber, maybe her game wasnt quite on. Still I cant believe she lost when she should have qualified easily.
Thanks for the great report. Great pics.
Monica. Can't believe she lost. Krunic is just too short and small for a tennis player.

Quote:
The weather was nice, although I ended up getting sunburnt anyway.

Are you ok now?

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #2076
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
Kamannn466461
lol I've just noticed this.

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #2077
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
another WTA final loss
She won.

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #2078
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #2079
country flag King Halep

How did Mona lose that
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #2080
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
How did Mona lose that
She didn't play well and Vesnina exposed her extremely poor defence.

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #2081
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
Bojana was having a practice
Who is that with her? you?

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #2082
country flag King Halep

She's very nice. I think Bojo is the first player I noticed who wears eyeliner to practice. She was practising with Mladenovic, who I couldnt recognise because they were talking Serbian to her and it made me think she was a very tall Serbian player and I dont know any of those. Turned out there was this French guy slumped on the chair watching them and looking at this phone and he asked me if I knew the players, so he told me who she was. Kiki was hitting the ball really hard, there were no rallies, they were just trying to hit winners all the time.
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #2083
country flag King Halep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
She didn't play well and Vesnina exposed her extremely poor defence.
Vesnina's defence is even worse
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #2084
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
She's very nice. I think Bojo is the first player I noticed who wears eyeliner to practice. She was practising with Mladenovic, who I couldnt recognise because they were talking Serbian to her and it made me think she was a very tall Serbian player and I dont know any of those. Turned out there was this French guy slumped on the chair watching them and looking at this phone and he asked me if I knew the players, so he told me who she was. Kiki was hitting the ball really hard, there were no rallies, they were just trying to hit winners all the time.
Kiki is a close friend to her it seems. I saw them togather in Doha last year watching Nastia play with Kesnia. Did you take any pics of Bojo?

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #2085
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Quote:
Vesnina's defence is even worse
I wish that was true.