ITA Division I Women's Kick-Off Weekend Draft - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #46
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ITA Division I Women's Kick-Off Weekend Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
#5 Pulido didn't even play

And it was already decided 4-2 or something.
I was wrong.

USC already had 4 wins, and AFTER that lost 3 singles.

DLao should be really motivated for tomorrow

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2011, 04:39 AM   #47
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Thank you fantic for your many reports.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #48
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

well I was at LATC and thankfully there was wifi internet so could type a few words, no big deal. I won't 'cover' LATC tomorrow since I'm off to Rancho Santa Fe (ITF)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #49
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
was it stopped during play or not? lineup? Cal website doesn't have any info.
Don't think so: the wooden spoon match is still in progress: http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewA...CLID=205086179
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #50
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Cal-SMC match rained out. If they don't finish by 10pm local time tomorrow, Cal advances because of their higher ranking, which is stupid considering a potential upset is brewing with the results from the Cal Invite.
10PM on Monday is the deadline, there is plenty of time for them to play.

SMC is capable of an upset, I wonder if we'll stick Cossou in for singles to force players to play down one. Chang is pretty much a default for all teams. She's eaten something like 9 bagels in her 14 matches this year.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #51
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

SMC is capable of an upset, I wonder if we'll stick Cossou in for singles to force players to play down one. Chang is pretty much a default for all teams. She's eaten something like 9 bagels in her 14 matches this year.
Then my friend is a little slow She said 10pm tonight. Then it hit me because our team plays their first match today and then one tomorrow lol

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #52
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Maybe since Cossou is unranked like Remynse, they'll put Cossou on #4

Anyway I'm not so sure about the Upset. Cal IS Cal, after all. Goransson and Davis are pretty good this season, no?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #53
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Maybe since Cossou is unranked like Remynse, they'll put Cossou on #4

Anyway I'm not so sure about the Upset. Cal IS Cal, after all. Goransson and Davis are pretty good this season, no?
It really depends if Cossou plays. If Cossou doesn't play, SMC has a chance at doubles. Last week SMC won No. 3 against Chang/Duranteau and almost had No. 1. SMC will win No. 6 if Chang plays, and then with Poorta and Isip winning against No. 1 and No. 2 last week, that's enough points for SMC to get the upset. And that doesn't include that Duranteau had a tough match with SMC's No. 5.

If Cossou plays doubles that will put Cal in a better position to take the doubles. Cal though really isn't out of woods in singles, if we put Cossou as a sacrificial lamb at No. 2 , that will allow easier match-ups at No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6. Goransson and Davis are quite solid and Duranteau should be able to put the SMC No. 6 away.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #54
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

SMC and CAL play 1:30 tomorrow.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #55
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Georgia/UNC is really close, looks like it will probably come down to the Featherston/Kowase third set. Gullickson kicked De Bruycker's butt.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #56
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Doubles
1. (1) Allie Will/Sofie Oyen, UF, d. Sandra Herrera/Giovanna Portiolli, Win, 8-2*
2. Lauren Embree/Joanna Mather, UF, d. Yasmine Alkema/Julia Breuss, Win, 8-2
3. Alex Cercone/Olivia Janowicz, UF, v. Elizaveta Zayteseva/Andressa Garcia, Win, 7-0, DNF

Singles
1. (7) Allie Will, UF, d. Elizaveta Zayteseva, Win, 6-0, 6-0*
2. Lauren Embree, UF, d. Yasmine Alkema, Win, 6-1, 6-0
3. (96) Sofie Oyen, UF, d. Sandra Herrera, Win, 6-3, 6-0
4. (30) Joanna Mather, UF, d. Giovanna Portiolli, Win, 6-2, 6-1
5. (22) Olivia Janowicz, UF, d. Andressa Garcia, Win, 6-1, 6-2
6. Carolina Hitimana, UF, d. Julia Breuss, Win, 6-0, 6-1
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #57
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

seems like MICH might win, it's 3-2 and Critser and Nguyen is leading now. But why didn't Pulido play?

Anyway johnnytennis, gloat all you want Didn't watch due to ITF, so you can provide some commentary. Zootennis covered the match I heard.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #58
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Georgia/UNC is really close, looks like it will probably come down to the Featherston/Kowase third set. Gullickson kicked De Bruycker's butt.
naturally (on both occasions, match being close and G dictating the game)

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 30th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #59
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
seems like MICH might win, it's 3-2 and Critser and Nguyen is leading now. But why didn't Pulido play?
Michigan 5 USC 2
Singles
No. 1 -- No. 3 Maria Sanchez (USC) d. No. 11 Denise Muresan (U-M), 6-0, 6-2
No. 2 -- No. 105 Sam Critser (U-M) d. No. 10 Danielle Lao (USC)
No. 3 -- Brooke Bolender (U-M) d. Alison Ramos (USC), 6-1, 6-1
No. 4 -- Mimi Nguyen (U-M) d. Kaitlyn Christian (USC), 6-3, 5-7, 7-5
No. 5 -- No. 61 Whitney Taney (U-M) d. Christy Andrews (USC), 6-1, 6-1
No. 6 -- Rika Tatsuno (U-M) d. Lyndsay Kinstler (USC), 6-3, 6-1

Doubles
No. 1 -- No. 80 Sanchez/Christian (USC) d. Taney/Tatsuno (U-M), 8-4
No. 2 -- Bolender/Muresan (U-M) d. Lao/Kintsler (USC), 8-3
No. 3 -- Ramos/Andrews (USC) d. Nguyen/Critser (U-M), 9-8 (6)

Order of Completion: Doubles 2-1-3 ; Singles 3-6-1-5-4-2
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #60
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I thought Ramos became better after the convincing win against Hojckova, but still not good enough, she's having a bad season from the fall.
And Christian, just watched a few points at the end, she's a defensive player, it clearly has limits, she could be blown away. (She did in a few matches I saw ) But of course doubles is entirely different matter, Kaitlyn being one of the best players in the league
And Lao struggling is a bit of a surprise. Critser IS good, she almost won against Lacey Smyth a couple of years ago, but still. Well I did thought her rank #10 is a bit high

- Woodrow Wilson