ITA Division I Women's Kick-Off Weekend Draft - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #16
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ITA Division I Women's Kick-Off Weekend Draft

USC vs MICH

USC's lineup will be unveiled today against CSUN.

MICH already showed theirs at the invite;

Muresan
Critser
Bolender
Nguyen
Tatsuno
Sulahian

Pretty young team, freshmen for 2,3 and sophomore for 4th position.
(Critser and Bolender are interchangeable, judging from the results)

USC will win the doubles pt,
and assuming that Sanchez and Muresan are in their best conditions,
Sanchez will win.

So USC's task is to win 2 positions at 2~6.

Lao will start at 2, (and will win, she's the only play who've defeated Sanchez so far)

Dunno after that.

Ramos lost to Larsson and DeBruycker at NCTC, already lost to Walters twice during the summer and fall, not a good start.

Pulido, the sole winner at the UCLA massacre last season, lost a rematch to Montez 0,2

Christian lost to Batta, Remynse, Montez, Janowicz and defeated Hein, Coupez, McVeigh

Andrews will play #6, I guess. Hmm, actually Kinstler did pretty well at NCTC, losing to Damico by 5,3, Constantinecu by 6,5 isn't bad...have to wait the match result against CSN I guess..
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #17
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
If that blind player goes up against LBS's Deborah Armstrong than UCI won't lose the point.

I'm no UCI chEATERS fan but that was some solid smack talk!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #18
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
USC vs MICH

USC's lineup will be unveiled today against CSUN.

MICH already showed theirs at the invite;

Muresan
Critser
Bolender
Nguyen
Tatsuno
Sulahian

Pretty young team, freshmen for 2,3 and sophomore for 4th position.
(Critser and Bolender are interchangeable, judging from the results)

USC will win the doubles pt,
and assuming that Sanchez and Muresan are in their best conditions,
Sanchez will win.

So USC's task is to win 2 positions at 2~6.

Lao will start at 2, (and will win, she's the only play who've defeated Sanchez so far)

Dunno after that.

Ramos lost to Larsson and DeBruycker at NCTC, already lost to Walters twice during the summer and fall, not a good start.

Pulido, the sole winner at the UCLA massacre last season, lost a rematch to Montez 0,2

Christian lost to Batta, Remynse, Montez, Janowicz and defeated Hein, Coupez, McVeigh

Andrews will play #6, I guess. Hmm, actually Kinstler did pretty well at NCTC, losing to Damico by 5,3, Constantinecu by 6,5 isn't bad...have to wait the match result against CSN I guess..
fantic.... You've omitted Taney from Michigan's lineup, currently ranked No. 61 in singles and has been their primary No. 2 player in the lineup the past three years and is one of their top players. She is also their best doubles player.
This team has a ton of depth and you could interchange their lineup from the No. 2 position to the No. 5 position as that is how strong they are.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #19
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
fantic.... You've omitted Taney from Michigan's lineup, currently ranked No. 61 in singles and has been their primary No. 2 player in the lineup the past three years and is one of their top players. She is also their best doubles player.
This team has a ton of depth and you could interchange their lineup from the No. 2 position to the No. 5 position as that is how strong they are.
haha! I know, I just remembered it and came here to revise it but you pointed out Of course I should include Taney, my mistake.
My take is that USC doubles is currently the best, Christian/Sanchez just won the UNLV invite and led Cako/Hein 7-1 at the regional
And you know that Ramos/Pulido almost defeated Andersson/Juricova, so there!

As you said and as I wrote, I'm actually worried about USC's lower positions, but believe that they can do it
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #20
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

from cal website

No. 9 California 6, No. 60 North Texas 1
Hellman Tennis Complex | Berkeley, Calif. | 2011 ITA Kick-Off Weekend
Friday, Jan. 28, 2011
New records:
California (1-0), North Texas (1-2)
Doubles
1. No. 5 Andersson/Juricova (CAL) def. Paraschiv/Vykydalova (UNT) 8-4
2. Davis/Goransson (CAL) def. Lee/Ranganathan (UNT) 8-4
3. Dinuta/Joubert (UNT) def. Cossou/Duranteau (CAL) 8-6

Cal website said 'French-connection'
(I really like that movie by the way
One of the best movies in the 70s, have it
on DVD, of course )

Order of finish: 3, 1, 2* (California wins doubles point)
Singles
1. No. 1 Jana Juricova (CAL) def. Paula Dinuta (UNT) 6-0, 6-2
2. No. 46 Mari Andersson (CAL) def. Irina Paraschiv (UNT) 6-4, 6-0
3. No. 44 Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Madura Ranganathan (UNT) 6-2, 6-3
4. No. 35 Tayler Davis (CAL) def. Nadia Lee (UNT) 6-4, 7-5
5. Alice Duranteau (CAL) def. Barbora Vykydalova (UNT) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0(9)
6. Amy Joubert (UNT) def. Stephany Chang (CAL) 7-6(7), 6-3
Order of finish: 1, 2, 3*, 4, 5, 6

and just heard from tennisbuddy that #40 SMC def #51 TCU 4-3 (Soper seems to have clinced it).
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #21
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote: Originally Posted by gouci
If that blind player goes up against LBS's Deborah Armstrong than UCI won't lose the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post

I'm no UCI chEATERS fan but that was some solid smack talk!

Pretty good line. Too bad it's blind too.

Armstrong lifetime 7-0 with two unfinished in singles vs ch'EATERS

Yes, she did have a rough 2nd set vs Ms Hammel and casted hand in the famous unfinished match last spring. However, the score was was 6-1, 6-6 and she was serving 6-1 for match in tie break when the dual match was stopped.

Apparently none of the UCI girls she has played are blind. Just never win.

Go Beach!
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #22
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

#40 Saint Mary's (CA) 4, #51 TCU 3
Jan 28, 2011 at Berkeley, Calif.
Singles competition
1. #85 Alex Poorta (SMC) def. Katarlina Tuohimaa (TCU) 6-3, 7-6 (7-0)
2. Catherine Isip (SMC) def. Federica Denti (TCU) 6-3, 6-1
3. Olivia Smith (TCU) def. Jenny Jullien (SMC) 6-1, 6-3

This Smith is a freshman too, from UK?

4. Claire Soper (SMC) def. Shallni Sahoo (TCU) 6-0, 2-6, 6-4

5. Anna Chkhikvishvili (SMC) def. Idunn Hertzberg (TCU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Gaby Mastromarino (TCU) def. Molly Aloia (SMC) 6-3, 6-2

Doubles competition
1. Federica Denti/Katarlina Tuohimaa (TCU) def. #87 Catherine Isip/Alex Poorta (SMC) 8-3
2. Jenny Jullien/Alita Fisher (SMC) def. Maria Babanova/Idunn Hertzberg (TCU) 8-3
3. Gaby Mastromarino/Olivia Smith (TCU) def. Anna Chkhikvishvili/Claire Soper (SMC) 9-7

Match Notes
TCU 1-1; National ranking #51
Saint Mary's (CA) 1-1; National ranking #40
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (5,2,3,6,1,4)

Wait..#5 Jullien moved to #3 (but I did thought Jullien was good against Johansson )
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Jan 29th, 2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Tomorrow's BIG match;

UT vs UW
USC vs ASU

BU vs UA?

If Alamaba wins the doubles and the lower positions

Boxx(MISS) vs Lesniak(SMU),
Putilina(UTAH) vs Tigu(ARK)
could be interesting.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Jan 29th, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #24
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

No. 18 Southern California vs. North Carolina State, 10 a.m.
Singles
No. 1 -- No. 3 Maria Sanchez (USC) vs. No. 53 Sandhya Nagaraj (NC State)
No. 2 -- No. 10. Danielle Lao (USC) vs. No. 32 Sanaa Bhambri (NC State)
No. 3 -- Alison Ramos (USC) vs. Lenka Hojckova (NC State)
No. 4 -- Kaitlyn Christian (USC) vs. Tana Illova (NC State)
No. 5 -- Cristala Andrews (USC) vs. Joelle Kissell (NC State)
No. 6 -- Lyndsay Kinstler (USC) vs. Christy Sipes (NC State)

Doubles
No. 1 -- Sanchez/Christian (USC) vs. No. 7 Nagaraj/Bhambri (NC State)
No. 2 -- Lao/Kinseth (USC) vs. Hojckova/Illova (NC State)
No. 3 -- Ramos/Andrews (USC) vs. No. 86 Sipes/Miller (NC State)

Doubles #1. BIG MATCH, both really good teams.

Wait...Pulido isn't even playing

As for Gibbs (Why still no draw on ITF RANCHO SANTA FE, which starts Q today? ), she's playing there, so she's not playing the playoff? (Stanford surely can afford it I guess )

Last edited by fantic : Jan 29th, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #25
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

No. 1 Stanford 4, No. 65 Cal Poly 0DOUBLES1) Barte/Tan (STAN) d. Lee/Markhoff (CP) 8-22) Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) d. David/Pane (CP) 8-33) Li/McVeigh (STAN) d. Lehane/Gatewood (CP) 8-2Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3SINGLES1) No. 5 Hilary Barte (STAN) led Alexa Lee (CP) 6-2, 2-2, aban.2) No. 23 Kristie Ahn (STAN) led Florence Lehane (CP) 6-4, 2-0, aban.3) No. 80 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) d. Ashley Pane (CP) 6-0, 6-34) No. 47 Stacey Tan (STAN) d. Jennifer Cornea (CP) 6-1, 6-05) Veronica Li (STAN) d. Jocelyn Davis (CP) 6-1, 6-06) Carolyn McVeigh (STAN) led Kathryn Webb (CP) 6-2, 1-2, aban.Order of Finish: 4, 3, 5- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -No. 39 Oklahoma 4, No. 29 UNLV 1DOUBLES1) No. 31 Constantinescu/Radu (OKLA) d. Josifoska/Pavlovic (UNLV) 8-32) Kalashnikova/Ritchie (OKLA) d. Batta/Maskaljun (UNLV) 8-23) Huet/Tara Eckel (OKLA) d. Albers/Hidvegi (UNLV) 8-2Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3SINGLES1) No. 41 Lucia Batta (UNLV) led Ana-Maria Constantinescu (OKLA) 6-1, 4-6, 5-1, aban.2) Aleksandra Josifoska
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #26
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

That's really bad for UNLV, I'm frankly disappointed

And USC def NCS

Christian/Sanchez def Bhambri/Nagaraj 8-4 isn't NCS team ranked #7 or something? (and TOTALLY merits it, in my humble opinion, they were really good at Riviera)

And Ramos at #3 such a convincing score against former #1 Hojckova,

And, Pepp lost the doubles point
I'm actually rooting for Pepp
lost doubles 1 & 2,
#1 Issara/Zalameda
#2 Colffer/Moore
#3 Bhargava/Oates
Pepp's recent lineup is....creative
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #27
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Hey Form you couldn't hold out for very long and you're back!

I see you're posting as beachman49 now. If it is the real beachman he doesn't know much about tennis except what Form tells him anyway. Form I can't remember all your multiple names here so I'll just keep calling you Form.

Form let me warn you. This board is not like the Long Beach St. board where cowards can post under fake names when attacking someone. One of the few things you can do to get permanently banned from THIS board is to post under 2 or more names using the same computer.

Form buddy let's face it, your uniqueness will come out and people will easily identify you as Form regardless of what other name you post under.

Last edited by gouci : Jan 29th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #28
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

USC beats NC State 4-3 Close Match!

Singles
No. 1 -- No. 3 Maria Sanchez (USC) d. No. 53 Sandhya Nagaraj (NC State), 6-2, 6-2
No. 2 -- No. 32 Sanaa Bhambri (NC State) d. No. 10. Danielle Lao (USC), 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (13-11)
No. 3 -- Alison Ramos (USC) d. Lenka Hojckova (NC State), 6-0, 6-3
No. 4 -- Kaitlyn Christian (USC) d. Tana Illova (NC State), 6-4, 6-2
No. 5 -- Joelle Kissell (NC State) d. Cristala Andrews (USC), 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 DEF.
No. 6 -- Christy Sipes (NC State) d. Lyndsay Kinstler (USC), 1-6, 6-4, 6-2

Doubles
No. 1 -- Sanchez/Christian (USC) d. No. 7 Nagaraj/Bhambri (NC State), 8-4
No. 2 -- Hojckova/Illova (NC State) vs. Lao/Kinseth (USC), 7-4 abandoned
No. 3 -- Ramos/Andrews (USC) d. No. Sipes/Miller (NC State), 8-4

Last edited by johnnytennis : Jan 29th, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #29
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

USC is so weak at 5&6
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #30
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Final Score: Florida 6, CofC 0

Doubles
1. (1) Sofie Oyen/Allie Will, UF v. Emma Hayman/Irene Viana, CofC, 5-3
2. Lauren Embree/Joanna Mather, UF d. Christin Newman/Kelly Kambourelis, CofC, 8-1
3. Alex Cercone/Caroline Hitimana, UF d. Caroline Newman/Katie Lee, CofC, 8-0*

Singles
1. (7) Allie Will, UF d. Christin Newman, CofC, 6-0, 6-0
2. Lauren Embree, UF d. Emma Hayman, CofC, 6-2, 6-2
3. (96) Sofie Oyen, UF d. Kinsey Casey, CofC, 6-1, 6-3*
4. (30) Joanna Mather, UF vs. Caroline Newman, CofC, 7-5, 2-1, DNF
5. (28) Alex Cercone, UF d. Kelly Kambourelis, CofC, 6-0, 6-2
6. (22) Caroline Hitimana, UF d. Irene Viana, CofC, 6-1, 6-0

Order of Finish: Doubles: 2,3* ; Singles: 5, 6, 3*, 2, 1
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote