S5 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S5 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

The Championships, Wimbledon

Week 12 * Grass Grand Slam * Draw Size 16

S1 Winner - Tamarine Tanasugarn
S2 Winner - Amelie Mauresmo
S3 Winner - Flavia Pennetta
S4 Winner - Michaella Krajicek

Wimbledon, GBR - Welcome to Wimbledon, and the third Grand Slam of the season! We've had an interesting few weeks, Krajicek has dominated the grass, but suffered an upset at the hands of Kirilenko last week, who will claim the game's most coveted title? We'll soon find out, good luck to all!

Points Deadline - Tuesday 19:00 CET

Last edited by The Daviator : May 30th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S5 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

Azarenka - 3
Bartoli - 3
Cibulkova - 0
Clijsters - 0
Hantuchova - 1
Henin - 2
Ivanovic - 1
Jankovic - 0
Kirilenko - 3
Krajicek - 4
Molik - 4
Myskina - 3
Pennetta - 4
A. Radwanska - 4
Sharapova - 2
Spears - 4
Stosur - 0
Tanasugarn - 4
Vesnina - 0
S. Williams - 3
V. Williams - 4
Wozniacki - 2
Zvonareva - 2

Last edited by The Daviator : May 30th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #3

Maria Sharapova(1) v Tamarine Tanasugarn
Marion Bartoli v Anastasia Myskina(5)

Kim Clijsters(8) v Jelena Jankovic
Ana Ivanovic v Michaella Krajicek(3)

Flavia Pennetta(4) v Vera Zvonareva
Qualifier A v Maria Kirilenko(7)

Britney Spears(6) v Serena Williams
Qualifier B v Alicia Molik(2)

Qualifying

Elena Vesnina v Agnieszka Radwanska
Venus Williams v Samantha Stosur
Victoria Azarenka v Caroline Wozniacki
Dominika Cibulkova v Justine Henin

Last edited by The Daviator : May 30th, 2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #4

1000 -

Krajicek

450 -

Pennetta
Kirilenko

250 -

Molik
Clijsters
Bartoli

140 -

Tanasugarn
Spears
S. Williams
Jankovic
Hantuchova
Sharapova

90 -

Myskina

Last edited by The Daviator : Jun 2nd, 2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #5

Random

Ana Ivanovic

Everyone who did well last week had a bunch of aces, so I randomly picked a 0-acer to give an ace to, congrats Ana

Last edited by The Daviator : May 30th, 2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

Misa is the clear favourite having won two titles and reached one final on grass, she's as focused as ever and when she has several aces, she's probably the best player in ATC, Kirilenko has the distinction of being the only player to defeat Misa on grass, she had a great week in Eastbourne but whether she can produce two big weeks back-to-back remains to be seen, finally Molik has been a little quiet this season and has just lost her #1 rank but you can never count her out and she's overdue a Slam win so this could be her tournament.

The Contenders

When Sharapova was #1 before she struggled to deal with the pressure, but as the only player to win a major with 0 aces, she has to be a big threat to win here with 2, Spears and Pennetta have had consistent results on the grass and are both Slam winners, if a few of the favourites drop out, one of them will likely seize the opportunity and take the title.

The Dark Horses

The Dangerous Floaters

My prediction for who will win the title?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Jun 2nd, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #7
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Random

Ana Ivanovic

Everyone who did well last week had a bunch of aces, so I randomly picked a 0-acer to give an ace to, congrats Ana
And Ana draws Misa in R1, clearly a deliberate plot to sabotage Queen Misa
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 03:54 AM   #8
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Misa might be annoyed by the "ajdes" and give up the match half way.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:40 AM   #9
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

TOP SEED AGAIN . cmon tammy, lets do this. you won it once, you can do it again.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:55 AM   #10
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

@ Tammy being the #1 magnet.
The top and bottom section is quite packed.
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:03 PM   #11
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

I must get the award for worst draws ever. I hope my 4 aces carry me through. I think I have only gotten 1 win this year
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 02:14 AM   #12
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
I must get the award for worst draws ever. I hope my 4 aces carry me through. I think I have only gotten 1 win this year
We've only played once on Grass in season three.
Good Luck

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 05:20 AM   #13
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela-Is-Mine View Post
We've only played once on Grass in season three.
Good Luck
good luck

Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 06:02 AM   #14
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Tanasugarn to Wimbledon: This is where I thrive..I must do well

WIMBLEDON,ENGLAND-AP-When we last talked to Tamarine Tanasugarn we were in Sydney,Australia for the Medibank International. She had a 81-80 record going into the tournament. People questioned how she won 2 grand slams at the peak of ATC. "I mean, I feel like I am more committed now, then I was back in the day." She was ready to dominate the tour again, and try and claim her 2nd Australian Open title. Things went in an opposite direction. "I think I put a little pressure on myself and didn't play my game." Since then she has only won 2 matches...and both on clay. "I got a walkover into the QF at Amelia Island and I beat Britney Spears in Strasbourg. I led Maria Sharapova 5-0 in the third at Rome, so I knew I kinda felt I was there." With a disappointing loss to Alicia Molik, she headed to the grass season. She recently faced Molik again. "That girl is literally owning me, I think we have played 20 times and I cannot remember the last time I won a match against her."

She won the very first Wimbledon title. "That moment 4 seasons ago is one I cherish the most. I played amazing tennis that week." Since her Australian Open win in Season 2, we have seen her dwindle as Kim Clijsters, Alicia Molik, and Maria Sharapova have burst onto the top of women's tennis. "I remember when it was myself, Michaella Kraijcek and Nathalie Dechy. That is when there was comradary" Here, she is now ranked 14th, barely getting into main draws of events. "It sounds like I am putting pressure on myself. I guess I am, but I am not phased by it. I think desperate times call for desperate measures." In the first round she takes on top seed Maria Sharapova. The two have met once on Grass. "It was in Season 3, I believe it was Birmingham QF, Maria won 6-4,7-5. Tough match, she deserved it." "I just have to prepare my best, this tournament is one..if not the toughest tournament to win nowadays with tons of 3 and 4 acers." "It feels like an equal playing field, and you can see who truly is the best."

Tamarine has never thought of retirement. "I love ATC. Its one of the few games I play now, I was playing like 10, but this is number 1 in my book. Excellent running. I hope to see more in the future." The Daviator has joked that Tamarine and Maria Kirilenko will be at ATC fighting in Season 19 a couple seasons ago. "When I play qualifying, that's when I'll have to dig deep.

If she wins against Sharapova, she will play 5th seed Anastasia Myskina or Marion Bartoli. Tanasugarn has lost to Myskina on grass in straights this season all ready. "I am ready for the fight. I just want to win one match at a time." Her 2-11 record shows disappointment, but she has her glory days to push her through here. "Bring it."

Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 04:28 PM   #15
ElusiveChanteuse

Good luck Tammy