Eastbourne and Wimbledon - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:06 PM   #91
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eastbourne and Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
From Wimby site :

"But then, in an instant, Baltacha’s confidence evaporated. Suddenly, the vision of a second round encounter with Marion Bartoli, the No.11 seed and the 6-4, 6-3 winner over Julia Goerges, rose up before her. Taking her eye off the ball for a moment, she dropped her serve, went on to lose the set and had to start all over again."

Funny or sad story ?
Funny or sad??.....Maybe a little of both.Marion,the juicy-lipped intimidator

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 10:26 PM   #92
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

A good start for Marion. Coming through is all that matters at this stage.

I would like to have seen the end of the second set, but BBC interactive decided to switch the feed to a men's match.

Also, I thought it was funny how they had to replay a point because a tissue fell out of Julia's bag. I saw that coming when she failed to properly secure the tissue after they came onto court. I was thinking "she should have pushed that further into the bag or it's gonna fly away", and then it did.

Don't the rules of tennis seem so ridiculous sometimes? The football players at the World Cup manage to keep playing with those stupid horns blaring out all the time, and thousands of fans shouting obsceneties at them, but tennis players can't possibly carry on when a tissue falls out of a bag.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 12:40 AM   #93
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
A good start for Marion. Coming through is all that matters at this stage.

I would like to have seen the end of the second set, but BBC interactive decided to switch the feed to a men's match.

Also, I thought it was funny how they had to replay a point because a tissue fell out of Julia's bag. I saw that coming when she failed to properly secure the tissue after they came onto court. I was thinking "she should have pushed that further into the bag or it's gonna fly away", and then it did.

Don't the rules of tennis seem so ridiculous sometimes? The football players at the World Cup manage to keep playing with those stupid horns blaring out all the time, and thousands of fans shouting obsceneties at them, but tennis players can't possibly carry on when a tissue falls out of a bag.
^^If I attended one of Marion's matches,I might eat lots of prunes just so that I could let out some loud,audible farts precisely when her opponent was serving....Anything to help the Marion Cause

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:55 PM   #94
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Tomorrow on Court 12 12:00
Petra Martic(CRO) vs. Marion Bartoli(FRA)[11]
Feliciano Lopez(ESP)[22] vs. Ricardas Berankis(LTU)
Yanina Wickmayer(BEL)[15] vs. Kirsten Flipkens(BEL)
Daniel Brands(GER) vs. Nikolay Davydenko(RUS)[7]
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:57 PM   #95
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Court 12? Goddamn. Oh well.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:09 PM   #96
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion wins R2 by WO : http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/score...s/ws/r2s2.html
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:22 PM   #97
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thats a massive surprise, it always is I suppose... Points defended now. She really has been blessed this year at Wimbledon.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:23 PM   #98
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Do you know what happened to young Petra?I'm glad that Marion is advancing,but I hope that it's nothing serious for the Croat gal

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 09:59 PM   #99
country flag nicky-j-c

nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice nicky-j-c is just really nice

looking at the draw, Marion is probably the face to make the quarters in her section now! c'mon marion!!

Amelie Mauresmo Martina Hingis Lindsay Davenport Elena Dementieva
Love You FOREVER
nicky-j-c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 11:33 PM   #100
country flag Ferg

Jo asked about the football too, he was far less forthcoming than Marion

Quote:
Q. I take it you dragged yourself away from the television, or you cannot bear to watch what's going on on the soccer field.

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah. And?

Q. Would you rather be watching the French game now?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no. I'm here.

Q. But was it difficult to come here now rather than...

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: No. It's not a problem. It's okay.

Q. Okay. We'll talk tennis then.

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: We'll talk tennis.
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 01:27 AM   #101
country flag bruce goose

Does anyone have concern that Marion might go flat with the 'bye' into the 3rd Round??I could speculate on her mindset...but then I'd have to pretend that I understood women...and I'm not gonna tell such an absurd lie

Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 01:53 AM   #102
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

trust me playing less has never hurt marion before
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:32 AM   #103
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
trust me playing less has never hurt marion before
Your poster name just reminded me that Marion might play Ms.Molik in her next match.Alicia is the kind of gal who doesn't necessarily blow you away with her looks...but is pretty enough to keep you content.I can picture her sitting on my lap as we cheered for opposing football teams on TV...then,when HER team lost,I'd tickle her on the belly button to get her REALLY aroused........I better stop right there since we might have younger folk visiting the forum.....Anyhow,my point is that I sorta like Molik but I'll still be pulling strongly for Marion to beat her...no offense meant

Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:23 AM   #104
country flag Tennisking5

Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all

i feel bad for petra. hope its nothing too serious. i can breathe tomorrow knowing marion is into the 3rd fresh. good luck marion!

DEMENTIEVA KUZNETSOVA

PETKOVIC LISICKI

GO GERMANY, RUSSIA, CROATIA, & SLOVENIJA
Tennisking5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:41 AM   #105
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Do you know what happened to young Petra?I'm glad that Marion is advancing,but I hope that it's nothing serious for the Croat gal
i read "stomach strain".