Eastbourne and Wimbledon - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #136
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: Eastbourne and Wimbledon

Marion speaks here : http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2010/?ID=6303

She explains that 3 days off is a little bit too much. She of course knows Pironkova's game (weird one). And smiles how off or on she can be.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #137
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoc View Post
Draws like this don't come about often.
Yeah,on paper it definitely hasn't been the toughest draw,but Arn is much tougher than her ranking would indicate....and she's at least as good as Rodionova...whom Kuzy couldn't beat....Just one step at a time,Marion

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #138
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,on paper it definitely hasn't been the toughest draw,but Arn is much tougher than her ranking would indicate....and she's at least as good as Rodionova...whom Kuzy couldn't beat....Just one step at a time,Marion
I totally agree

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #139
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

The Wimbledon website is pretty good for putting Marion's interviews up this year

Quote:
M Bartoli - 25 June
Friday, 25 June 2010Q. How do you think you played today?

MARION BARTOLI: Well, I think I played pretty consistent. You know, I had a walkover in the second round, so it was not easy to come back the court. Feels like ‑‑ I have three days off in a row, and it feels almost like another tournament was starting.

I just stayed focused. She had some really good stroke on the breakpoint. The second set I thought I could win the second set at 6‑2 or 6‑1. I mean, not that close at 6‑4, but she came up with some great shot. I just stayed focused towards the end.

Q. Any parts of your game that you particularly want to work ongoing forward?

MARION BARTOLI: Well, I think there is not too much to improve. I think it's just a little bit sometimes on the return of serve I could do better.

But my serve was very good today. My groundstroke is pretty good as well. So I think maybe the return of serve. Sometimes I can return better than this.

Q. And you've done well here before. What do you need as a player to do well at Wimbledon?

MARION BARTOLI: Oh, my gosh. There is not really like a miracle key or something. First of all, you have to feel comfortable on grass, and then it's a matter of luck. Also sometimes a little bit you have to have some quite easy match in the first week so save some energy for the second one.

Grass is a very tough surface. You have to be so focused all the time. The scoreboard can change very quickly. So I think you have to be really focused and it's in the head.

Q. My last question: Can you make the final?

MARION BARTOLI: Well, I made it once already, so that's already...

Q. That's why I'm asking.

MARION BARTOLI: I think I will pretty much have a chance every year I will play this.

Q. There is some strapping on your hand. What is that?

MARION BARTOLI: Yeah, I am having that since six years, so it's not new. Yeah, I had pretty bad hematoma on my finger six years ago during the summer in the U.S.

I was playing a lot of the matches, and I was playing with a racquet a that was bit too heavy for me and my finger was damage, so I had to play the US Open with a glove. It was really difficult to feel anything.

From then, I have to always put a tape on my finger if I want to play tennis. It's just too painful if I'm just going on the court and take the racquet like that.

Q. The the next round looks like an unseeded opponent, and after that possibly could be Venus. How do you feel about that?

MARION BARTOLI: Well, I just want to focus first of all on the next one. Every match is difficult to win, no matter what is the opponent at other side of your net and what's her ranking is.

But if I'm winning and I have to play against Venus, it will be a great match to look forward to.
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #140
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion 1st on court 5 tomorrow.

Good article found by SM : http://twitter.com/bartolifanblog
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #141
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Marion 1st on court 5 tomorrow.

Good article found by SM : http://twitter.com/bartolifanblog
First,you can tell SM that her Latino Muzzle Kiss is waiting for her on her next vacation to Mexico but,back on a tennis front,I'm fairly confident that Marion will advance to the QFs...and that,barring an injury,Venus will be her opponent there...........We'll just have to take it from there

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #142
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT Article
She even knew about the on court fridge!
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #143
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...bartoli-tennis
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #144
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

I just read that article in the "dead tree edition" of the Guardian. Unfortunately they chose a much worse picture for the article than online. They used a shot of Marion's face just before she hits the ball, with her eyes popping out. I'm sure they had other pictures they could have used, so I don't know why they chose one that makes her look so bad.

Also, while the article is quite sympathetic to Marion, the writer both laments how she has been cruelly targeted about her body shape, but then forces her to answer a question about it. She's a beautiful woman who has a different body shape to the other elite tennis players, but that's not her fault and it's not a bad thing either. Even the writer admits that in person she looks quite a normal size, so why do they keep going on about it? It's the same on Eurosport, because there is never a Marion match without the commentators mentioning that she "doesn't look like a tennis player". I actually shout at the TV, because you know, they said that the last time, and the time before.

OK rant over.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #145
country flag leviathane

leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of

Go Marion !!!
You need some points for the race, only 23

Chanda Rubin ,Monica Niculescu, Kritina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Kimiko, Martina Hingis , Stephanie Foretz, Laura Thorpe, Caroline Garcia, Patty Schnyder, Dinara Safina, Aravane Rezai, Ahsha Rolle, Arena Rodionova, Tatiana Golovin
leviathane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #146
country flag bruce goose

Commenting on the post above,only brainwashed idiots think that models' bodies are attractive(there are rare exceptions);women are supposed to have CURVES....a truth that,thankfully,we still hold to in Latin America despite the crap that's shown from European or American media.Marion's buns are HIGHLY appreciated in Mexico,let me assure all of you.......but we ARE a little sore that she didn't come back to defend her 2009 Monterrey title.....A big kiss from her juicy lips will be adequate apology

Old Jun 28th, 2010, 04:37 AM   #147
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunantly commentators don't assume they're talking to an educated tennis fanship, they assume (probably correctly) that they're talking to a person who's just tuned in and has never seen a match before, or heard of the players. This is why they give the same introduction to some players and saythe same comments like we haven't heard them before!

But seriously i loved the Pierce Brosnan comments; "We have 35 years difference, but to me Pierce Brosnan is still looking very nice. I thought: I cannot play bad in front of him."
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #148
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

She had points for 4-1, 4-2, 5-3 5-4 in the first, 2-1, 5-4 in the second. Shes a freaking idiot.
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #149
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

07 was a fluke.

She hasn't beaten a top 10 player on grass since then. I'm just so disappointed right now.

Clueless net approaches, first serve nowhere near as good as in her previous round, a billion unconverted game points, and her strokes are just not powerful enough. She looks like a pusher compared to the likes of Groth and Kvitova.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #150
country flag Ferg

Right, we'll see in a few weeks after Wimbledon finishes whether I'll have gotten over this, cus right now Im so angry Ive given up on her as a fan.