US Hardcourt Season - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #1
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
US Hardcourt Season

Scheduled to play:

Stanford - defending 470
San Diego - defending 0
Cincinnatti - defending 0
Montreal - defending 0
New Haven - defending 60
Us Open - defending 100

A weak enough field at Stanford, good chance at defending most of her points, or maybe even all since she likes it there, and nothing to defend until New Haven. Seems like she could be a top 4 seed in San Diego. And no reak raw in the US Ope this year. Great chance to buckle her ranking right back up to to 9-12 area. A good summer here is vital.

Last edited by Ferg : Jul 17th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Hardcourt Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Scheduled to play:

Stanford - defending 470
San Diego - defending 0
Cincinnatti - defending 0
Montreal - defending 0
And possibly New Haven (defending 60), I hope not though.
Us Open - defending 100

A weak enough field at Stanford, good chance at defending most of her points, or maybe even all since she likes it there, and nothing to defend until New Haven. Seems like she could be a top 4 seed in San Diego. And no reak raw in the US Ope this year. Great chance to buckle her ranking right back up to to 9-12 area. A good summer here is vital.
I'm not naive enough to complain that Marion's defending her Stanford title while she completely ignored Mexico.......still not thrilled about her earlier absence,though

Anyhow,thanks for starting the thread,Ferg

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Oakland Raiders 0-4 with Dennis Allen as coach, 0-5 with Tony Sparano: A model of consistency
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #3
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I'm not naive enough to complain that Marion's defending her Stanford title while she completely ignored Mexico.......still not thrilled about her earlier absence,though

Anyhow,thanks for starting the thread,Ferg
No problem!

And shes signed up for New Haven I dont know why, I hope she doesnt retire again this year. 6 weeks in a row is a big ask.
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 01:42 AM   #4
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No problem!

And shes signed up for New Haven I dont know why, I hope she doesnt retire again this year. 6 weeks in a row is a big ask.
Don't you think she'll pull out of there if she gets a good USO tune-up before then??Quite frankly,even fOUR weeks in a row is a bit much for Marion with her typical level of fitness,IMO

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Oakland Raiders 0-4 with Dennis Allen as coach, 0-5 with Tony Sparano: A model of consistency
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #5
country flag Ferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Don't you think she'll pull out of there if she gets a good USO tune-up before then??Quite frankly,even fOUR weeks in a row is a bit much for Marion with her typical level of fitness,IMO
Depnds how she does at Cinci and Montreal I think. Shes never had a good record at Cinci I think but she made a big semi in the latter 2 years ago so Im hopeful she gets another good result there. But the fast courts will be a vry welcome change, Wimbledon is just getting slower and slower. I think thats a reason she does so well at Eastbourne but not so well at WImbledon anymore, the court speed.
Old Jul 17th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #6
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Depnds how she does at Cinci and Montreal I think. Shes never had a good record at Cinci I think but she made a big semi in the latter 2 years ago so Im hopeful she gets another good result there. But the fast courts will be a vry welcome change, Wimbledon is just getting slower and slower. I think thats a reason she does so well at Eastbourne but not so well at WImbledon anymore, the court speed.
My friend is going to Cincy....He went there last year and said that a grounds pass gives you good access to the players...so I'll give him a very short greeting to relay to Marion...but he can't speak French to save his life so the message will be in English

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #7
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Too many tournaments

Well she'll probably tank/retire at New Haven.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #8
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoc View Post
Too many tournaments

Well she'll probably tank/retire at New Haven.
Tbh,I can't even picture it getting that far;she'll either skip one/a couple of the listed tourneys before New Haven....or she'll take a break THEN.I'm not even sure that Caro played FIVE straight tourneys during her marathon schedule from last season...and I can't imagine Marion doing that unless it were to save the life of a family member

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #9
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

You're probably right. She did withdraw from LA last year.

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #10
country flag Marionated

It's hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since she won Stanford. How quickly time flies

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #11
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoc View Post
It's hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since she won Stanford. How quickly time flies
Couldn't agree more;the WTA and NFL both help the calendar move much more quickly for me...though I wish that Marion were a bit more active

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #12
country flag Ferg

Gawd, I remember it, I was on holidays with a slow as fuck computer which meant I couldnt watch it, only had the scoreboard to go on, almost died from the tension.
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #13
country flag Tennisking5

Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all

how bout she just win the us open? what do ya think?

DEMENTIEVA KUZNETSOVA

PETKOVIC LISICKI

GO GERMANY, RUSSIA, CROATIA, & SLOVENIJA
Tennisking5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #14
country flag bruce goose

With Schiavone having won RG,WTA-haters would complain bitterly if another underdog won a Slam.....I'd love to see Marion antagonize them that way

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #15
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she's playing all of them, even is she only makes a quarter or better in a couple events she has already got her points back. KEEEEEEN!