Amazing Athletic Anca Barna ! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:20 PM   #1
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing Athletic Anca Barna !

OK, OK, I will think of a better title.

Go Anca ! She has had an excellent start into the new season.

Auckland:

1st round - Adriana Serra Zanetti 6-3 7-6 (8)
2nd round - Vera Zvonareva 3-6 4-6

Canberra:

1st round - Martina Müller 3-6 6-4 7-6 (6)
2nd round - Magui Serna 6-7 (5) 5-7

Australian Open:

1st round - Francesca Schiavone 5-7 6-1 6-3
2nd round - Lisa Raymond 6-3 6-1
3rd round - Venus Williams 1-6 4-6

This will most definitely bring her a new career-high rank in the upcoming rankings.

Her next event will be either Tokyo or (more probable) Paris.

She has very little points to defend until Estoril in April. A good chance for Anca to reach her biggest aim right now - cracking the top 50.

And we won't forget to keep track of her younger sister Adriana.
After a rather disappointing year 2002, she is currently ranked no. 253. Hopefully she can come back to the top 200 again this year.
She will probably begin her season next week at one of the bigger European challengers. Good luck !
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:15 PM   #2
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
GoDominique

Good luck Anca! She did very well at the Aussie Open!
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:20 PM   #3
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
She really shocked me by defeating both Schiavone and Raymond, and then that 2nd set with Venus!

Yeah, I think Paris is next, and then Antwerp. And like last year, she will probably go to Memphis the week after. She didn't win a single match in the American spring tournaments last year, so there's definitely room for improvement.
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:55 PM   #4
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
If it's anything to go by, and it isn't always, Anca's on the Entry List for both Tokyo and Paris (Qualifying both places, but she might move into the Paris maindraw I would think). Anca doesn't seem to mind a heavy schedule, and she never seems to get injured, so she's probably chasing that Top 50 spot head-on.
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:59 PM   #5
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I noticed that too.

But in a TV interview she said that next up would be Paris.

We will have to wait and see.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:22 AM   #6
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Great title........ can't think where i have seen it before

I quite like the title
it suits her as well

go Anca
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:41 AM   #7
country flag DiNaPic

DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold

DiNaPic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:54 AM   #8
country flag GoDominique

Anca is not in Tokyo. Good for her, as she flew back home right after the Venus-match and it would have been stupid to go back to Japan now.
I think she only committed for the case that she miraculously reached the 2nd round in Melbourne.

Thanks for the pic, dnadd. Which location is that ?
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 01:24 PM   #9
country flag DiNaPic

DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by GoDominique
Which location is that ?
Proximus Diamond Games
Antwerp, Belgium - Feb. 2002

sorry, forgot to mention that.
see my photo album for more pics
http://www.pixum.de/members/livespor...2bd87e3cea6367

photo archive on www.archive.livesportphoto.com
visit me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=dieter+nagel
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #10
country flag GoDominique

As Anca is not playing this week, we can follow how her sister Adriana is doing at the $25K challenger in Belfort, France.

In the first round she plays qualifier Maria Jose Sanchez Alayeto, who was the most successful player at $10K-satellites last year, winning 4 of them.

Tough match, but good luck Adriana.
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 01:54 PM   #11
country flag GoDominique

BTW, now it's official - Anca Barna has reached her best rank so far: 56 !
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 11:56 AM   #12
country flag GoDominique

Adriana lost 6-4 6-7 (5) 4-6.

What a bad start.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 01:58 PM   #13
country flag DiNaPic

this pic of Anca & Adriana is abt. 3 years old, Adriana is much slimmer now (maybe even slimmer than Anca) !

good luck next time, Adriana!
photo archive on www.archive.livesportphoto.com
visit me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=dieter+nagel
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 09:31 PM   #14
country flag GoDominique

Anca is 2nd seed in Paris qualifying and plays Ondraskova in the first round.
Good luck Anca !

dnadd: Great pic, thanks.
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 08:47 AM   #15
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
Go Anca, i hope she can qualify