NCAA Singles - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #1
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future
NCAA Singles

Thanks to johnny: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ngles-2010.pdf

Josipa Bek, ranked 17th gets to play a 9-16 seed in R1
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #2
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Re: NCAA Singles

Quote:
Originally Posted by barboza View Post
Thanks to johnny: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ngles-2010.pdf

Josipa Bek, ranked 17th gets to play a 9-16 seed in R1
Thats why I am curious how these draws are put together. Why would a No. 17 ranked player play No. 16 ranked player when there are 64 players in the draw?
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #3
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

After the 16 seeds, no one is protected. It is why the pro tours went to 32 seeds. To avoid garbage like this. That is shameful and I know it's a random draw, but that's pathetic.

BTW, Broosova, ranked 5th, plays #22 McCreless in the 1st round. That's pretty bad, too.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #4
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea who will win this. Of course, everyone on this website will pick college GOAT Juricova , but I'm not convinced. I'm just hoping that one of the Duke girls makes the R16. I think Ellah has a chance. Her draw is manageable. Reka is pretty tough to beat, but she'd have to get past Broosova, presumably.
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #5

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
After the 16 seeds, no one is protected. It is why the pro tours went to 32 seeds. To avoid garbage like this. That is shameful and I know it's a random draw, but that's pathetic.

BTW, Broosova, ranked 5th, plays #22 McCreless in the 1st round. That's pretty bad, too.
The NCAA should be ashamed of themselves for putting these ridiculous draws together.
Why not do the logical thing like putting the No. 1 player against No. 64 player and in doubles No. 1 against No. 32. and so on. This is why I have a hard time following anything the NCAA is in charge of!
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #6
country flag T2000

T2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seeding thoughts, Friend at Court explains it this way.

Placing is prohibited. Placing occurs, for example, when the Com-
mittee in a 16-draw tournament seeds four and “places” four. The
practice of placing is an attempt to hide the fact that in reality eight
players have been seeded instead of the permissible maximum of
four. The rule of “one in three” was established to provide some
matches between strong players in the first round, to increase the
variety of a player’s opponents, and to get away from the “strong-
weak-strong-weak” pattern in the draw, thereby giving players who
are usually first-round losers an occasional opportunity to meet each
other and advance to the second or third round.
T2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:08 AM   #7
country flag Tenniswish

Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
True the pros went to 32 seeds in the Grand Slams, but that is in a 128 draw which means they are still keeping to the one seed per four players which is the common, if not written, rule.
Tenniswish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #8
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

The draw is kind of stupid, with only players seeded 1-8 distributed individually on the draw. Players seeded 9-16 are grouped as a "9-16" seed, so a player seeded 9th has an equal chance of meeting a player outside top 16 in R1 as a player seeded 16th. Players not in top 16 are just 'out of luck' on paper for early rounds.

Some more notes, since my team prediction was correct Duke won't be strong enough to get far in the draw given their subpar performance this season. UF and Cal girls will be poised to do well given their upsets in the respective rounds they lost. I do not see a Card winning this title.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #9
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mari Andersson.

♠ Check Out > Sofia-Arvidsson.webs.com

♠ Follow > Sofia Arvidsson Twitter Fans
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #10
country flag barboza

Is Mari Andersson of Asian origin?
Old May 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #11
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Is Michael Chang of Asian origin?
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #12
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Mari Andersson of Asian origin?
Korea I think

♠ Check Out > Sofia-Arvidsson.webs.com

♠ Follow > Sofia Arvidsson Twitter Fans
IMPOSSIBLE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #13

Why arent we seeing scores of the matches updated faster! It's not that hard to post them online right after they're over!
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #14
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Some more notes, since my team prediction was correct Duke won't be strong enough to get far in the draw given their subpar performance this season. UF and Cal girls will be poised to do well given their upsets in the respective rounds they lost. I do not see a Card winning this title.
Lol subpar performance? We were 5 points away from the national semi-final man! That's not terrible. Did we underperform? Yes, but we were still pretty clearly a top five or six team, in my book at least.

I think Ellah has a really good look at the R16. I would be happy with one all American. And Duke will be a force next year, don't you worry.
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #15
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Embree played so well in singles the NCAA tournament and then looked dead out there today against Anderson.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote