Women's Final breakdown: UF vs STAN - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2010, 03:03 AM   #16
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future
Re: Women's Final breakdown: UF vs STAN

Darrin -

Be happy a CA school won!!

(even if it is Stanford - you're a CAL guy, right?)

Follow me on Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #17
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

A couple things. First congrats to Stanford. Compared to other national championships teams I think this team was less talented (particularly the bottom of the line-up). Nevertheless they found a way to win.

Will really shouldn't have lost against Lindsay who really should be a free point for any good team. With that being said I still contend that Lindsay shouldn't be playing No. 2 singles (even considering her two recent wins). Mallory has a phenomenal record at No. 3 and really should have been playing No. 2 based on records.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:44 AM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe this.

WHAT HAPPENED TO LINDSAY??????????????????

Can anybody explain to me how singles #1 & 2 went? Like how they played?

Who's the MVP, Lindsay? Mallory? or Veronica.

Anyway, Lindsay was nice to me at Ojai & College Station last season. So of course she did well

Congrats to both teams. I didn't know the result until now but even at Carson I felt that Stanford might win.

Why? All those former and future Cards won the matches today, Tweedie-Yates, Ahn, Gibbs

my tennis blog
my personal blog my youtube acct
my flickr acct my imgur acct picasa album acct

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #19
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

A good thing about watching the championship match on ESPN 2 is they show all the match points.

- Revzina ended her match by hitting an easy overhead into the net.

- Will ended her match by hitting a slice backhand into the net.

- But the worst ending had to be Hitimana. It was 5-5 in the 2nd set and Hitimana was up 0-40 having 3 break points. She clearly started playing not to lose by returning a 2nd serve into the middle of the court instead of attacking and going for a winner to get the key break. Then it became hard to watch Hitimana as she blew all 3 break points and lost her own serve at love. That's was choking big time as she lost 9 points in a row to lose the set 5-7. Hitimana gift wrapped the last 2 games for Li with unforced errors.

- Hopefully Form didn't see Stanford clinch the deciding 3rd set on TV. Otherwise Form would go into a profanity lace tirade about how Mallory Burdette had a cast on her wrist like Stephanie Hammel's alleged cast. Form would then be screaming and flaming this thread about how STANFORD CHEATED!, STANFORD CHEATED!
If Lele Forood wins the ITA Coach of the Year, Form will contest how the vote happened before word of Cast Gate had spread. Then Form will tell Stanford enjoy it because they're changing the rules next season because of Burdette's alleged cast.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #20
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

Yess!!! Stanford back to their winning ways Order is restored
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:03 PM   #21
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
A couple things. First congrats to Stanford. Compared to other national championships teams I think this team was less talented (particularly the bottom of the line-up). Nevertheless they found a way to win.

Will really shouldn't have lost against Lindsay who really should be a free point for any good team. With that being said I still contend that Lindsay shouldn't be playing No. 2 singles (even considering her two recent wins). Mallory has a phenomenal record at No. 3 and really should have been playing No. 2 based on records.
Didn't somebody say that Lindsay's topspin was too much for the opponents?

Now consider new clayGOAT Sam Stosur's topspin...

Is this the future? Top Spin?

my tennis blog

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:19 AM   #22
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Didn't somebody say that Lindsay's topspin was too much for the opponents?

Now consider new clayGOAT Sam Stosur's topspin...

Is this the future? Top Spin?
Lindsay's balls go like, 6 inches over the net...
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 04:51 AM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Have you seen Lindsay play against Mathews and Will? I haven't, so am REALLY curious..

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 06:06 AM   #24
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Have you seen Lindsay play against Mathews and Will? I haven't, so am REALLY curious..
Will wasn't herself that day. Of all the days to play bad tennis she picked the Finals day. Her shots had no depth and there was no intensity in her game play like her normal self. Her mom/dad and I were cheering so hard for her, but the long season prolly took its toll on her.

Having said that, Lindsey B. hit some great shots and really took it all to Will. She wasn't making mistakes like she normally does and most of the shots she went for all went in. Add to that Will wasn't on fire, it was a foregone conclusion by the time Will went down a break in the second set.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 10:23 PM   #25
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

thx.

and Embree has Barte's number, easy wins at Riviera and at Georgia..

She can defeat Barte, but lose to Andersson? What's wrong with UF's enfants terribles

my tennis blog

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jul 8th, 2010 at 04:43 AM.