Women's Final breakdown: UF vs STAN - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 25th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #1
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Women's Final breakdown: UF vs STAN

Looks like this year the women's NCAA tennis is back in order. After a year of uncertainties and doubts, two of the most storied and traditional programs in women's tennis will face each other in the final's. What can we expect???!!

I saw the wins by UF against Miami & UNC. Although both were won by a score of 4-0, there were patches where things went iffy for the gators. STAN has a great singles lineup, but I suspect their #4 & #5 are a bit weaker in general.

Doubles
1-#5 Marrit Boonstra/Allie Will, UF vs #2 Hilary Barte/Lindsay Burdette, STAN
This could go either way. I am hoping for Will's intensity & Boonstra's fighting spirit to carry the gators through.

2-#29 Lauren Embree/Joanna Mather, UF vs #56 Mallory Burdette/Stacy Tan, STAN
Should be a victory for the gators.

3-Carolina Hitimana/Anastasia Revzina, UF vs Carolyn McVeigh/Veronica Li, STAN
UF has been on fire in this position. Should go to UF here.

Singles
1-#9 Lauren Embree, UF vs #4 Hilary Barte, STAN
That tiny little girl Barte is just a machine. Her balls have one pace only: Bullet fast. I am not sure if Embree will have the guts and pure physical power to overcome Barte. ADV STAN

2-#8 Allie Will, UF vs #83 Lindsay Burdette, STAN
Will's singles play wasn't pretty the last couple of rounds, but she always finds a way to fight through. She should take care of Burdette here. ADV UF

3-#65 Marrit Boonstra, UF vs #33 Mallory Burdette, STAN
Boonstra has been under-ranked all season. She's at least a top 15 if not top 10 player. Mallory, although had a solid match today, played beneath her foe against Baylor. Will be a cat fight, however, but I see Boonstra giving it all and I suspect it could come down to her. ADV UF

4-#102 Anastasia Revzina, UF vs. #86 Stacey Tan, STAN
Revzina is off and on. If she is on, she'll cruise, if she loses focus, she will fold. The same could be said about Tan, too, however. ADV STAN

5-Joanna Mather, UF vs Carolyn McVeigh, STAN
Jo is too solid at #5 and her powerful backhands and forehands will blow McVeigh's lobs and topspins off the court. ADV UF

6-#106 Caroline Hitimana, UF vs Veronica Li, STAN
Li should be playing #5 for STAN instead of #6 (sand bagging?). But, against Hitimana, she has a tough match ahead of her. Call me biased, but Carol is a crazy #6 for UF. ADV UF.

UF 5 STAN 2 (if all played out)

*** OH PLEASE GOD DON'T JINX IT! ***
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #2
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future
Re: Women's Final breakdown: UF vs STAN

desariofan -

Thanks for the detailed breakdown of the match ups.

All I can say is that I hope you are wrong!! hahah

Go Card!!

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #3
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

Card's gonna take it
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #4
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by barboza View Post
Card's gonna take it
Old May 25th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #5
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Agreed, thanks for the detailed breakdown. I may just print it out and use it as my Unofficial Program.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #6
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

Wow...the Burdette sisters rock! Lindsay really stepped it up this tournament! Great to see since it seems she has struggled at times at No. 2 this season. Mallory came through in the end...what a dream freshman season!

Congrats to the Card!

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #7
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I enjoyed that immensely. Great job Stanford. Especially the Burdette Sisters, and all the Stanford team. Great tackle for the Burdette sisters. Florida was so talented and just an outstanding team. Both teams, or all those in the semi's deserved to win. Thank you Tennisforum.com for the place to discuss and read about this. And to the University of Georgia, a great host site.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #8
country flag desariofan

Stanford was just too good. The Burdette sisters brought it out. It must be heart breaking for Boonstra to lose it for the team as a senior, and she deserved better. She was 3 points away from winning it for UF. Even with her gone, I see good things happening in the years to come for UF, provided there are no transfers, etc.
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #9
country flag desariofan

look at Revzina & Boonstra...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1274828621.jpg (39.7 KB, 13 views)
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #10
country flag desariofan

at least the other girls seemed content and happy. but maybe putting on a smiley face for the camera??
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #11
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. How the HELL did Florida lose that? How do you go from not losing a point, let alone a match, for two or three months, to losing to Stanford? Granted, Stanford is really good, but UF has Allie Will at number two and Marrit Boonstra at number three. Wow. Congrats to Stanford. I thought UF had that won for sure.
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #12
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Wow. How the HELL did Florida lose that? How do you go from not losing a point, let alone a match, for two or three months, to losing to Stanford? Granted, Stanford is really good, but UF has Allie Will at number two and Marrit Boonstra at number three. Wow. Congrats to Stanford. I thought UF had that won for sure.
I think the match that won it for Stanford was Lindsay Burdette beating Allie Will. Burdette had been playing horribly her senior year and Will was 24-0 going into the match. That was the key match-up.

Next year, it'll be interesting to see who will be in the line-up for Stanford, as two super frosh are coming to The Farm... who will sit?
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #13
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Stanford was just too good. The Burdette sisters brought it out. It must be heart breaking for Boonstra to lose it for the team as a senior, and she deserved better. She was 3 points away from winning it for UF. Even with her gone, I see good things happening in the years to come for UF, provided there are no transfers, etc.
Yeah they're getting Cercone next year who's quite good. If they keep both Embree and Will, with Cercone playing 3 for them, they're going to be really good. Trouble is, Stanford is going to be unbelievable for the foreseeable future. Georgia is getting three blue chips and keeping Gullickson. Duke is getting three blue chips too (provided Capra doesn't turn pro), and keeping a very solid group of mid and lower level players. I think UF and Stanford will be the teams to beat for the foreseeable future, with Georgia and Duke right there challenging.
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:31 AM   #14
country flag mboyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
I think the match that won it for Stanford was Lindsay Burdette beating Allie Will. Burdette had been playing horribly her senior year and Will was 24-0 going into the match. That was the key match-up.

Next year, it'll be interesting to see who will be in the line-up for Stanford, as two super frosh are coming to The Farm... who will sit?
Yeah I don't know how Allie Will lost, and poor Boonstra. This really should have been a comfortable win for UF.
Old May 26th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #15
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

First the Sharks get swept by the Chicago Blackhawks, now this. I really, really, REALLY need a cocktail.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote