DISASTER: Jelena Will Miss The Australian Summer - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM   #1
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute
DISASTER: Jelena Will Miss The Australian Summer

Jelena has had a wrist surgery and will not recover in time for the Australian summer of events.
Confirmed by Tennis Australia.

Devastating.
Last info from me.
DokDi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:00 AM   #2
country flag Graf~Dokic

Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future
Re: DISASTER: Jelena Will Miss The Australian Summer

I'm probably the only one here thinking that it isn't a desaster. I actually think it's good that she had a surgery now. I was hoping for that to happen during the last 6 months, because it's not 100% sure that the injury will disappear if you just let it heal on its own. A surgery is definitely better.

And BTW, it shows she still wants to come back.

Mona Barthel - Karolina Šprem
Daniela Hantuchová - Yaroslava Shvedova
Petra Cetkovská - Mirjana Lučić - Ivana Lisjak
Graf~Dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM   #3
country flag Graf~Dokic

Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future Graf~Dokic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokDi View Post
Last info from me.
What does that mean? Will you never never again post news on Jelena?

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:23 AM   #4
country flag Graf~Dokic

^ I believe you, I can assure you that.

Yes, I can imagine that Jelena was totally devastated because she's going to miss the Australian summer tournaments altogether, but on a long term perspective I think the surgery was the best decision she could have made in order to get her wrist problems sorted out.

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:25 AM   #5
country flag Graf~Dokic

Huh, where's DokDi's post?

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 01:46 PM   #6
country flag RogGOAT

RogGOAT is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sad
RogGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:23 PM   #7
country flag jela_dokic

jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light

really sad.... hope she gets well soon...

Jelena Dokic
Angelique Kerber
Mirjana Lucic

Steffi Graf Lindsay Davenport, Patty Schnyder, kim Clijsters
jela_dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM   #8
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf~Dokic View Post
^ I believe you, I can assure you that.

Yes, I can imagine that Jelena was totally devastated because she's going to miss the Australian summer tournaments altogether, but on a long term perspective I think the surgery was the best decision she could have made in order to get her wrist problems sorted out.
She'll be 30 next year, she doesn't really have long term perspective career-wise.
And I'm not so sure about her surgery, just days ago she was ready to play a 25k and then all of the sudden she decides to get a surgery that keeps her away from playing for months? Add all the previous withdrawals to that and I'm pretty sure she just doesn't feel like she can make another comeback...

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM   #9
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

oh no Jelena really nothing going her way. Hopefully she'll still have some tennis in her, she didn't play for that long so I don't think her age really matter.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #10
country flag DokDi

DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute DokDi has a reputation beyond repute

This news took a while to sink in for me, but yeah, I'm afraid Freakan could be right.

Australian Open is like 2 months away, and if she already now knows she won't play that, then there is no way she will be back in February-March either.
Earliest it would be for some clay ITF's in April...?

Also she will be close to a non-ranking after her last points are off...
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:07 AM   #11
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Confusing news really.

She'd been training at that academy and was entered in a 25K, only withdrawing at the last minute without giving a reason. If she'd undergone wrist surgery, would it have been so difficult to cite that as the reason? She announced she'd arrive in Australia for an extended pre-season too. It's not like you book in a wrist surgery over lunch on a Tuesday, so why was she making all these plans if she knew she'd be going for surgery? Doesn't really add up and I think she's had this injury long enough to know how or even if she can manage it without surgery. Just seems odd that all of a sudden, her opinion would change so drastically and right before her comeback.

And if she was simply going to retire, she may not even bother with the surgery.

Is it possible she's 'depressed' again and just can't be fucked playing?

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:07 AM   #12
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro View Post
Confusing news really.
ITA. I think she will try to comeback but it won't be enough. Her game is so reliant on perfect timing that I think her age will result in her being unable to react well enough to be competitive.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:21 AM   #13
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

If she needs to start from ranking 500 next year then she better retires OR takes a protected ranking. I really dont see her coming back from such a low ranking. Playing 25k's would get her nowhere.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #14
country flag DokDi

^ Jelena will be ranked 600 after the Australian season.

Last edited by DokDi : Nov 23rd, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM   #15
country flag Graf~Dokic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Hopefully she'll still have some tennis in her, she didn't play for that long so I don't think her age really matter.
This! She herself said exactly that by the way, so there's still hope.