Maria's Best Clay Performances! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is Maria's Best Performance on Clay?

2005 - French Open QF - l. to Justine Henin 2 3.51%
2007 - French Open R16 - def. Schnyder 20 35.09%
2008 - Amelia Island FINAL - def. Cibulkova 5 8.77%
2008 - Charleston QF - l. to S Williams 5 8.77%
2008 - Rome QF - def. Schnyder 4 7.02%
2008 - French Open QF - l. to Safina 7 12.28%
2009 - French Open QF - def. Na Li 7 12.28%
OTHER - Specify! 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #1
country flag LH2HBH

LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute LH2HBH has a reputation beyond repute
Maria's Best Clay Performances!

Some of these are losses but they were great just the same!

We all make fun of the Cow on Ice but she shows a glimmer once in a while! Here are my picks!

2005 French Open QF - loses to Justine Henin 6-4, 6-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3n_siVSUVY

2007 French Open R16 - Maria beats Patty Schnyder 3-6, 6-4, 9-7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZxx...eature=related

2008 Amelia Island FINAL - Maria takes the title from Dominika Cibulkova 7-6, 6-3, her first and only on clay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pf8SVQ6VD0

2008 Charleston QF - loses to Serena Williams 7-5, 4-6, 6-1 Maria loses but plays better than expected!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCDBkJsEe5Q

2008 Rome QF - beats Patty Schnyder 6-7, 7-5, 6-2 in another topsy turvy yet entertaining match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JF0FHbKEyE

2008 French Open QF - loses to Safina 6-7, 7-6, 6-2. Another screwball match for Maria on clay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl9n1...eature=related

2009 French Open R16 - Maria beats Na Li 6-4, 0-6, 6-4. Maria comes out on top again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJJyKul4o7A

Discuss!
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:54 PM   #2
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's Best Clay Performances!

There is also R16 in Amelia Island 2008 vs clay speciallist Medina Garrigues which lasted 3h 30 mins but that was pure mindset victory in the end Her match vs Li Na at RG is probably the best on red clay she'd won, Cibulkova in AI really should have won the first set but choked it and then pulled a thigh in the second and that was that.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #3
country flag darkchild

darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of darkchild has much to be proud of

RG 2009 QF Dominika Cibulkova - Maria Sharapova 6-0 6-2
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #4
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute

The match against Schnyder at RG 2007

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #5
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Maria played a great match in 2005. But that was one of Justine's most impressive clay court performances. (it's sort of equivalent to Serena's demolishing jobs on other surfaces).
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #6
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Schnyder 2007!
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #7
LoLex
What did she say? - She said -I will kill you- :O

LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute LoLex has a reputation beyond repute

There was also a good performance against Petrova last year, if I'm not wrong?

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1306/95101281.jpg
jj angie rena sloane
LoLex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #8
country flag Chorophyll

Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb View Post
Maria played a great match in 2005. But that was one of Justine's most impressive clay court performances. (it's sort of equivalent to Serena's demolishing jobs on other surfaces).
I agree. Sharapova was in that first set for sure.

I love watching Sharapova on clay. She's so vulnerable and she's well aware so it only heightens her initial intensity just like today.
Chorophyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #9
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

You forgot some of her 04 wins especially Elena D in Rome and Vera Z at RG, 2 very good wins.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #10
country flag Chorophyll

Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of Chorophyll has much to be proud of

I think my personal favourite is the fight back against Mashona Washington in R1 of 2006 RG.
Chorophyll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #11
country flag Mr. Federerpov

Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all Mr. Federerpov is a name known to all

I voted for her match against Safina at Roland Garros since it was probably the most spectacular and amazing fight on a tennis court I´ve seen in 2008.

Well, Masha lost but nevertheless she played outstandig tennis.

Just awesome
Mr. Federerpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #12
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Probably that match again Schnyder, but she was also playing very well against Safina. Both were exciting matches to watch. Maria either seems to have really long, or really short matches on clay.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #13
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

against petrova last year

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #14
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Maria played really well against Dinara in 2008.

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #15
country flag jamatthews

jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute jamatthews has a reputation beyond repute

I remember her win over Pierce in Rome(?) 2005 being impressive.