What's wrong with Vika?! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #1
country flag 3Dcool

3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation What's wrong with Vika?!

Hey guys,

Sadly I'm really busy with the army lately and have no time to follow every match/tournament..
Could you please explain to me what's wrong with Vika's shape lately? Why does she keep losing to such low ranked players? Her season started so well and now it looks really awful =\

Thx
I will trust all my instincts and bring it home.

Vika Azarenka || Aga Radwanska || Caro Wozniacki || Вера Zvonareva || Masha Sharapova || Аня Chakvetadze || Shahar Peer
3Dcool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #2
country flag bluestorm10

bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What's wrong with Vika?!

Hi!

Yes, she started the year really well but she got injured in Marbella. I think it was a hamstring injury. She played a number of tournaments after Marbella despite not being completely healthy. That explains the next two tournaments in Charleston and Stuttgart. Also, she injured her groin against Ivanovic in Rome and thus her retirement in Madrid jusr recently. So basically she's been struggling with injuries for a month now.

Hope I got all the facts right.
bluestorm10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #3
country flag 3Dcool

3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold 3Dcool is a splendid one to behold

How did she hurt her groin?!

Vika Azarenka || Aga Radwanska || Caro Wozniacki || Вера Zvonareva || Masha Sharapova || Аня Chakvetadze || Shahar Peer
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #4
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Bluestorm summed it up pretty well - since she got injured in Marbella she's been playing through pain pretty much ever since. We don't know for sure how she injured her groin, but we're guessing it was probably through overcompensating for her hamstring on her other leg which was injured a few weeks previously and maybe didn't fully heal. As i've said before in the livescore thread I think the reasons she is still playing on through injury rightly or wrongly are:

1) Because she doesn't want to get fined by skipping her commitment tournies.
2) Doesn't want to get 0 pointers stuck on her ranking.
3) Doesn't want to miss out on the $1m bonus for fullfilling all her commitments in a season - which is a lot of money to a young player like her who's just finished the season in the top 10 for the first time in her career.

Basically the WTA rules give their top 10 players incentives to play whilst not 100% fit which is crazy for any top level athletes If you remember last season she pulled out of 4 events with only minor injuries, so i'm pretty sure it's the rules for top 10 players that are more or less forcing her to play. Whilst i would rather she hadn't played at all since Marbella i can kind of understand why she's playing bearing in mind all of the above reasons. The WTA shouldn't be putting their top players in this position though in the first place

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~

Last edited by allrounder : May 14th, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
allrounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #5
country flag 3Dcool

Yeah you are right, thanks for the information. Helped a lot

Let's hope she gets on her track pretty soon.. I still remember those matches against Zvonareva and Williams.. I couldn't believe my eyes the way she was playing!