anapolis general tennis discussion thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #16
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: anapolis general tennis discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
i would LOOOVE for an Ana-Justine final with Ana winning in 2 sets

of course it's never going to happen
That's where you're selling Ana short,Luca;in 1-on-1 volleyball,Ana could CERTAINLY kick Justine's ass in 2 sets

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #17
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

I have a really good feeling about this RG, most of it is based around Ana, but also that it's going to be a great tournament. Of course, this actually means that the real tourney will be horrible and Ana will lose first round I'll be sure to let everyone know if I get the same vibes about Wimbledon
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #18
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this in JJ's forum

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...=5419&zoneid=6

Quote:
Aravane Rezai, who criticized Jelena Jankovic's personality earlier this year, took another dig at the Serb after defeating her in the Madrid quarterfinals. "She tried to intimidate me but me, I did my thing," said Rezai. "She can say what she wants, it's me who won. She was nervous and is someone not very pleasant off the court. But I respect her as a player."
How many more enemies will JJ have in her career?
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #19
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

^sometimes i wonder if ana should be this frank about jj in her interviews

so, i'm reading aravane is on fire. i haven't seen her play since sometime in 2008 and i remember her as someone who would make tons of unforced errors. it seems when she bashes shit out of the ball with more precision she can be unstoppable.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #20
country flag The 2nd Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
^sometimes i wonder if ana should be this frank about jj in her interviews

so, i'm reading aravane is on fire. i haven't seen her play since sometime in 2008 and i remember her as someone who would make tons of unforced errors. it seems when she bashes shit out of the ball with more precision she can be unstoppable.
That's Aravanne in a nutshell I would say. I actually admire her intenisty!
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #21
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Call Aravane Rezai today's game style brainless, but she use most effective tactics against players like Jelena Jankovic, and she actually use same method which helped Ana to have 6-1 h2h in good old days against JJ. She hit ball as hard as possible every first time when have opportunity for that and finish point with winner, opponents forced error or UE, and if Jankovic somehow back that ball, she repeat attack (to close point) once again and again. 38 vs 17 in winners (Ana has 27 vs 28 so many time wasted opportunity to finish point trying to "construct")! Especially is effective her strategy on her own serve (and she is not better server than Venus, Serena or Ana for sure) when she knows that no matter how good is Jankovic return if she just back without attack, next ball will be much harder. Jankovic not played her best tennis of course, but she is so upset and uncomfortable on court today when face with fact that 75% of points depending of opponent winners and UE's.
Rezai bashes the ball as hard and flat as anyone.. and like there is not tomorrow. If it all goes in, it's a great tactic.

I agree that Ana needs to be more aggressive.. especially against a player like Jankovic. Even though I think she lost that match because she was an idiot headcase choker.. her pushing tactics didn't help either. Ana the pusher can't win matches. She needs to regain her aggressive game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
About 30 minutes ago I give this answer on this question (thread about how RG/2010 is "way open"):
From my point of view there is just one real favorite, but on other hand unseeded Ana Ivanovic chances for good result is much bigger than big majority of members at TennisForum thinking!
I love how you always find a way to keep Ana relevant in Grand Slams discussions, even though she hasn't been to a QF in 2 years..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #22
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Does anyone watch Rafa-Almagro?
Almagro is so annoying I watched many of his matches and his BH was never this good
I still think Rafa will eventually win,he just needs a few good points and Almagro will start choking as always hopefully
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #23
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenacg View Post
Does anyone watch Rafa-Almagro?
Almagro is so annoying I watched many of his matches and his BH was never this good
I still think Rafa will eventually win,he just needs a few good points and Almagro will start choking as always hopefully
Rafa has it now!

Old May 15th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #24
country flag jelenacg

jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of jelenacg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Rafa has it now!
Everything was easy after he saved 2 BPs in second set
Rafa
I`m hoping we`ll get to see Rafa vs Fed final tomorrow
Old May 15th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #25
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

soooo, who are you gonna support in tomorrow's final? aravane or venus? i will support aravane, but won't be dissappointed if venus wins. sounds like a match that won't be too hard on my mental health
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #26
country flag jelenacg

I think Venus will win easily ,but with Venus and clay you never can be 100% sure
And i hope Rafa and Federer match will go in 3 sets with Rafa winning ofc
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #27
country flag azdaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenacg View Post
I think Venus will win easily ,but with Venus and clay you never can be 100% sure
And i hope Rafa and Federer match will go in 3 sets with Rafa winning ofc
not a huge fan of rafa, but ok i don't care who will win between these 2, though
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #28
country flag gaviotabr

Hard hard hard hitting tennis between Venus and Rezai.

Rezai is playing great.. hard and inside the lines.

Old May 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #29
country flag Jang87

Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice Jang87 is just really nice

Rezai is the biggest ballbasher ever. And its not looking good for Venus.
Jang87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #30
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jang87 View Post
Rezai is the biggest ballbasher ever. And its not looking good for Venus.
The problem is also that Venus can't buy a first serve..

Closed Thread