Vika's 2015 Schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2015, 05:49 AM   #1
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Vika's 2015 Schedule

Well so far all we know is:

Brisbane (l. 1R)
AO (l. 4R)
Fed Cup: Europe/Africa Zone Group 1 (Belarus advances to World Group 2 playoffs)
Doha (TBD)
Indian Wells
Miami

Rest is TBD.

ATP: Novak Djoković

Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet

Last edited by iGOAT : Feb 26th, 2015 at 01:01 AM.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2015, 05:56 AM   #2
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika's 2015 Schedule

I'm hoping something like:

Brisbane
(Sydney/Hobart)
AO
Fed Cup
Dubai
Doha
Monterrey
Indian Wells
Miami
Bogotá
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Nottingham
Eastbourne
Wimbledon
Istanbul
Toronto
Cincinnati
US Open
Tokyo
Wuhan
Beijing
Moscow

I italicized tournaments that could be too much and put ones in red that she should only play if she gets desperate for matches. The kind of worrisome thing is that she obviously needs match practice at the easier level right now but I just don't see her skipping the gulf swing for Latin America or Madrid and Rome for the MM clay events so unless things get really bad her schedule is probably going to look similar to the past few years. I'd like to see Nottingham and maybe Eastbourne though instead of Birmingham, which will be tougher. Fed Cup should give her some good match practice too since lord knows she needs it. And still hoping for Sydney or Hobart next week.

Old Jan 6th, 2015, 03:00 PM   #3
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, hopefully Vika and her team will decide to play either in Sydney or Hobart next week. I think we all agree that she would need more competitive matches, especially before the Grand Slam tournament. Vika's loss to Karolina Plíšková in Brisbane reminds some of her 2014 matches, when the match was still wide open until the end of the third set. Fortunately Vika managed to beat Alizé Cornet in Rogers Cup and Alexandra Krunić in the US Open in three sets in 2014. But those losses to Camila Giorgi and Bojana Jovanovski were frustrating when the final set ended 5-7.
https://matchstat.com/tennis/player/Victoria%20Azarenka

Perhaps more matches as a healthy player will help Vika to get back certain sharpness in her game, especially in close matches and big points.

The Apia International Sydney: Players
http://www.apiainternational.com.au/...womens-singles

The Hobart International: Players
http://www.hobartinternational.com.a...womens-singles
Exordes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2015, 05:12 PM   #4
country flag iGOAT

She's not on the Dubai list .

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Jan 6th, 2015, 06:45 PM   #5
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
She's not on the Dubai list .
Hopefully there is a reasonable explanation for this ...
cocoblush is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2015, 02:05 PM   #6
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/SamSumyk/status/552561387071733760
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #7
country flag iGOAT

Not entered into Doha ir Acapulco either .

Old Jan 13th, 2015, 04:23 PM   #8
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Not entered into Doha ir Acapulco either .

…i wonder if she is going to have surgery on her foot problem or something? why would she not enter these tournaments?
Old Jan 13th, 2015, 08:58 PM   #9
country flag wolf79

wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoblush View Post
…i wonder if she is going to have surgery on her foot problem or something? why would she not enter these tournaments?
she would've had it done already imo if it still remains an issue. hopefully...

dastarded by Darth Vika the Sith Princess of Unholy Fuckery

wolf79 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 07:55 PM   #10
country flag iGOAT

Her only tournament entered between now and IW is Doha, where she is ninth alternate and main draw only . She needs to stop being so cocky.

Old Jan 29th, 2015, 03:44 PM   #11
country flag Exordes

Tour information on the official website of Victoria Azarenka:

http://www.vikaazarenkatennis.com/tour-information/

Indian Wells - BNP Paribas Open - Players Entry List
http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/en/pla...015-entry-list

I think one of the main reasons for those Fed Cup matches is related to the 2016 Olympic Tennis Event in Rio de Janeiro.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2012/...in-2016/35780/
"The ITF has decided to change its qualification rules for the 2016 Olympics. After the 2012 Games, a player must make himself or herself available to play Davis Cup or Fed Cup four times in an Olympic cycle. Currently, players only have to make themselves available for two ties in the two prior years to the Olympics."
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #12
country flag Exordes

Here's some background information about those Fed Cup matches next week.

http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...rica/2015.aspx

If Belarus becomes the winner of Pool D, it will play-off against the winner of Pool B (probably Great Britain/Heather Watson or Ukraine/Elina Svitolina). But before that there will be matches vs. Georgia, Portugal, and Bulgaria.

http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...ieId=100022969

http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...ieId=100022970

Besides Vika Azarenka and Olga Govortsova there are some familiar names like Tsvetana Pironkova, Michelle Larcher de Brito (who beat Maria Sharapova in Wimbledon 2013), Maria Joao Koehler (Vika beat her in Wimbledon 2013), but the other players are not so well-known to me on the WTA Tour. Anyhow, hopefully Vika will play some good matches there.
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 06:23 PM   #13
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold MrPitiful is a splendid one to behold

I was hoping that they would give me clues regarding a WC or show any interest
MrPitiful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 06:56 PM   #14
country flag cocoblush

I think she is for whatever reason trying to avoid playing Serena for as long as possible.

Serena is playing Dubai, not Doha, not Indian Wells but playing Miami

Vika is not playing Dubai, playing Doha and Indian Wells, not sure of Miami yet.
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 10:21 PM   #15
country flag iGOAT

She has to play Miami. I can't imagine these that childish. I guess she maybe just likes Doha since she's won it but still very odd.