Sabine Fans Chat Thread - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #451
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice
Re: Sabine Fans Chat Thread

I don't think she's that much of an NFL fan either tbh, the only sport she's shown a continual interest in has been her Ice Hockey...the others she just seems to dip her tippy toes into every now and then, like with Nowitzki's basketball team. Probably pretty hard to keep up when you're travelling the world and usually away from a TV showing anything.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #452
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomLisicki View Post
The Saints are probably my favourite NFL team aswell,wish BVB had won the final aswell Klopp is a legend and Gundogan doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Don't forget about Rolls Reus. By far my favourite footballer atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
I don't think she's that much of an NFL fan either tbh, the only sport she's shown a continual interest in has been her Ice Hockey...the others she just seems to dip her tippy toes into every now and then, like with Nowitzki's basketball team. Probably pretty hard to keep up when you're travelling the world and usually away from a TV showing anything.
Well at least she's got good taste in NFL teams, even if she doesnt follow it that regularly. Neither do i really, only during the playoffs.

I follow Footall,tennis and MMA the most
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #453
country flag BoomBoomLisicki

BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Don't forget about Rolls Reus. By far my favourite footballer atm.
Class act is Reus, I'm mainly all about football,tennis and F1 in that order

Wimbledon Ladies Finalist 2013

EugenieBouchard.AnaIvanovic.LauraRobson.KristinaMladenovic.BelindaBencic

NeverStopSmiling
BoomBoomLisicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #454
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Class act is Reus, I'm mainly all about football,tennis and F1 in that order
I have a casual following of F1. Used to watch it regularly, but i cant find the time nowadays
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #455

BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all

Quote:
I have a casual following of F1. Used to watch it regularly, but i cant find the time nowadays
I suspect I'll get less enthusiastic about F1 when Kimi Raikkonen retires

NeverStopSmiling
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #456
country flag nazzac

Quote:
I suspect I'll get less enthusiastic about F1 when Kimi Raikkonen retires
One of my favourite drivers too. I liked Mikka too when i was young
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #457

Quote:
One of my favourite drivers too. I liked Mikka too when i was young
Mika and Eddie Irvine were my favourites when I was young,the sports seriously lacking in characters right now Kimi will be the only one left after Webber bails.

Speaking of characters the ATP tour isn't the same without Roddick,my favourite player ever apart from Sabine to watch. I obviously have a thing for massive serves and forehands Roddick's serving motion was a joy to behold and it's pretty sad he only got the one slam,at least deserved 1 Wimbledon title. Such a a great character on and off the court aswell. Loved that he was aggressive, all this defensive waiting for an error stuff from the top mens players now just isn't the same and he showed you didn't have to be a 6'5 ft bear to have a huge serve. Stopped following the ATP outside the big tournaments shortly after Andy retired now its WTA all the way

NeverStopSmiling

Last edited by BoomBoomLisicki : Jul 9th, 2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #458
country flag nazzac

Well i still follow both tours (ATP more than WTA i must admit). My favourite players on the mens tour must be well known to you now because they are all in my sig. Tsonga is my number 1 favourite & that is never likely to change. He's the first tennis player i started to support after his AO 08 run. During the USO 09 i took a liking to Del Po (Nadal SF being my 1st match as an official supporter).

Then it was just them 2 for a while. I started to like Pistol when i watched old matches of him (i love his S&V style) & then i became a Safin fna after wtaching their USO final. Then when i started to follow the tour more regularly last year, i took a liking to Kei when he beat Jo at the AO last year. My next ATP player was Daniel Brands, when i saw him take Del Po to 3 sets in Vienna. Then came Paire after he faced Jo last year. Then Llodra during his run in Paris (S&V FTW), then Stan da Man after his epic with Djokovic in Melbourne. Falla i have liked since he almost beat Federer in 2010.

As you see i support a lot more ATP players than i do WTA players. So Slava & Sabine are part of an exclusive club . I guess i have a thing for players with nice smiles . I have supported Slava for longer. I started supporting her during her RG run last year.

I remember her match with Sabine at the Olympics. Very good match, despite Slava choking a MP away. Hope they play soon
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #459
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my first love for tennis was a long time ago. Novotna vs Graf 1993 Wimbledon final I felt so sorry for Novotna on that time that I'm almost cried with her well I was very young at that time. When Novotna finally won Wimbledon at 1998 I was very happy. I'm not a avid fan at that time but I do always watched Wimbledon especially when Henman will playing.
My first player who I followed beyond Wimbledon was Justine Henin. I watched her against Venus at Wimbledon 2001 and love her ever since. Also at the same time I started to follow Roger Federer. I was first watch him against Tim Henman at Wimbledon 2001 even thought he lost I was felt in love with his game just like Justine. This is also the reason why I'm at WTA forum talking to you guys because of Justine. I'm not just watching her at Wimbledon but also other tournaments when she was playing and at early 2004 I decide to joined the WTA forum pretty much stays here ever since.
Over the next few years I followed other players like Amelie Wimbledon 2002, Sveta Dubai 2004, Karolina Sprem Wimbledon 2004 also recently Sabine Wimbledon 2011 and Kvitty Wimbledon 2011.
In the men's game I always follow Roger but in the last few years I started to followed Andy. At the beginning I don't really like him. (Too passive player) but somehow it grow on me. There are many things happened to him that I can related to than any other player. I guess he's personality is a bit like me.
Anyway, I'm also a MAN U fan for many years since I was a teenager.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #460

I like to see Tsonga and Del Potro doing well as they're probably the most exciting to watch,they seem like nice guys aswell. Hope Del Potro stays fit because I think he'll turn the 'big 4' into a big 5 eventually. Quite like Jerzy Janowicz,Benneteau and Tommy Haas aswell but just no one can live up to Roddick for me,he was my favourite since I was a kid and I was gutted when he announced he was retiring.

Despite being Scottish I've never taken to Murray,the safe tennis he plays at times just doesn't appeal to me and the media hype does my head in but I've nothing against the guy himself. When I started watching tennis Roddick was the favourite then Hingis when she made her comeback,then Ivanovic but then I discovered Sabine in 2011 and don't see anyone ever taking her place

NeverStopSmiling
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #461
country flag nazzac

Quote:

Despite being Scottish I've never taken to Murray,the safe tennis he plays at times just doesn't appeal to me and the media hype does my head in but I've nothing against the guy himself. When I started watching tennis Roddick was the favourite then Hingis when she made her comeback,then Ivanovic but then I discovered Sabine in 2011 and don't see anyone ever taking her place
Yeah, i havent either. His game is boring to me. Also him getting shoved down our throats doesnt help. I dislike him more than most players tbh.

I seem to take a liking to German sports teams/people. I follow The Bundesliga more than any other league. I support BVB. I like The German national team, & my favourite player is German. Then 2 of my favourite tennis players are German. Sabine and Daniel Brands. They have similarities in their games with the big serve and FH. However they have different demeanors on court. Brands is emotionless, whilst Bine is the opposite.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #462

Quote:
Yeah, i havent either. His game is boring to me. Also him getting shoved down our throats doesnt help. I dislike him more than most players tbh..
Andrew Castles commentary where everything Murray does must be praised doesn't help either.

Despite him playing for Bayern I have to say Phillip Lahm is my favourite footballer right now,doesn't get nearly as much praise as he should,best full back in the world for me.

NeverStopSmiling
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #463
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Andrew Castles commentary where everything Murray does must be praised doesn't help either.

Despite him playing for Bayern I have to say Phillip Lahm is my favourite footballer right now,doesn't get nearly as much praise as he should,best full back in the world for me.
Castle should be banned from commentating.

Lahm is easily the best FB ATM. I don't think anyone can disagree really. My favourite Bayern player is Dante though
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #464

Quote:
Castle should be banned from commentating.

Lahm is easily the best FB ATM. I don't think anyone can disagree really. My favourite Bayern player is Dante though
I didn't even know Castle was a tennis player until recently,thought he was just a GMTV presenter shoved on to suck up to Murray. Some of the stuff he says makes you wonder if McEnroe,Boris and Tim just look at him thinking 'did he really just say that.'

I get told constantly Alves is better than Lahm but I always say Alves is an athlete not a footballer.

NeverStopSmiling

Last edited by BoomBoomLisicki : Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #465
country flag nazzac

Quote:
I didn't even know Castle was a tennis player until recently,thought he was just a GMTV presenter shoved on to suck up to Murray. Some of the stuff he says makes you wonder if McEnroe,Boris and Tim just look at him thinking 'did he really just lt say that.'

I get told constantly Alves is better than Lahm but I always say Alves is an athlete not a footballer.
Career high ranking of 80 or something.

Alves is over-rated imo. Lahm defends a lot better than him