Sabine Fans Chat Thread - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #361
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of
Re: Sabine Fans Chat Thread

Done Mike
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #362
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

I refuse!
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #363
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough just encouraging whoever may be interested in those polls. I know that they're only polls and what we think of Bine matters most but it's showing the support, love and loyalty for Sabine that means alot to me. There's no off season when it comes to supporting Bine for me atleast It is a gift and joy just to praise Bine whenever the opportunity arises, and to even vote for her in a TF poll, is something I take pride in as a loyal fan. If people say mean things about her on GM, I speak my mind. They were calling her 'self absorbed' the other day and saying she doesn't get along with the other Germans. Alot of people including her in their 'least faves'.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #364
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

My first instinct is to avoid these polls and discussions as it makes me nauseous just to go on GM. I think a lot of Bine fans feel this way which makes these "polls" skewed even further away from her favor. But it amazes me how people on GM eat up baseless statements as fact -- this "Sabine is not a team player" is the latest -- although the initial poster included no factual basis for this conclusion, further posters merely accepted it as true and continued to build their own alternate universe. (Do these GM posters' favorite players go to support their teammates at every Fed Cup tie even when injured?) Maybe we should make an effort to set these matters straight because when they are unrebutted, innocent posters might assume there is some basis and form the wrong impression.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #365
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
My first instinct is to avoid these polls and discussions as it makes me nauseous just to go on GM. I think a lot of Bine fans feel this way which makes these "polls" skewed even further away from her favor. But it amazes me how people on GM eat up baseless statements as fact -- this "Sabine is not a team player" is the latest -- although the initial poster included no factual basis for this conclusion, further posters merely accepted it as true and continued to build their own alternate universe. (Do these GM posters' favorite players go to support their teammates at every Fed Cup tie even when injured?) Maybe we should make an effort to set these matters straight because when they are unrebutted, innocent posters might assume there is some basis and form the wrong impression.
I thought about it and think apart from the fact I've neither time nor motivation to battle with all the mass of brainless bashers, who probably have nothing to do than spending their afternoons/days let out their poor life frustration...Real world is more important than TF/GM trolls and I met so many people in Lux at least who where telling me so many cute things about her, that happened the last years when she was there...

90 % of the pple who love tennis and watch it at the tournaments like Sabine and thats what counts

Until now I haven't met 1 person who thinks/talks in a nagative way of her. She's such a nice girl/woman, really not necessary to defend her in GM for my part. Live is too short to care about all bullshit, right?

And, dead honest, I doubt she really appreciates to be called "hot(test) player"

Have much more in my mind but prefer to
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM   #366
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

I guess you're right -- GM's not worth wasting my time. I have never read or heard of anyone who has met Sabine personally describe her as anything other than a sweetheart -- that means so much more than the opinions formed by someone who has seen clips of her crying and suddenly becomes an expert on her character.

I'll vote for Sabine in the "hottest tennis player" poll, but look at it for what it's worth. Not only can no one agree on what "hotness" is, but the polls can be manipulated by which photo is chosen for each player. I think all many of the voters do all day is rate pictures of various players -- Sabine's attractiveness goes so much further than that!
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #367
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I agree a word such as 'hotness' doesn't do justice to Sabine's attractiveness and so much appeal comes from her personality and character. First and foremost I love Sabine for who she is inside, her fighting spirit on the court etc although I also find her attractive, very cute . Her personality however comes through in many of her photos in my opinion with her beautiful smile and interesting expressions but they're are too many shallow comments on these kind of threads calling her a 'vampire' or whatever. I LOVE her smile but you will get other people saying she's better when she doesn't smile, obviously they like to make fun of her teeth :roll: You are all right though that Bine is a sweetheart and unique individual and this matters more than what people think of her looks or even perceived behavioural issues on court. I assure you I always stand up for her on GM! I do get upset about the mean comments against her on there so I guess I can't just ignore GM but more power to you if the comments don't bother you, I am more sensitive though.

I do my best to post nice pictures/collages of Sabine to get some more votes for her in the hottest player poll! The poll may be trivial in the scheme of things but showing love and support for Bine is never trivial to me. It just doesn't feel right the way so many on GM seem to hate on Bine for silly reasons (drama queen, cry baby, her teeth etc) I'm trying to show them the light but I suppose alot of them are just

If you have a moment though it's not a 'waste of time' to give Bine a vote in these polls. Only takes a few seconds It may take a miracle for Bine to win anything like this on GM but I'll do my best to make sure people do not forget her!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

Last edited by Mike81 : Nov 14th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #368
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Does boomerangkid have a cunning plan to keep mentioning the Luxembourg trip to make us more and more envious? If so, it's working perfectly on me!

I thought about posting something earlier about the pointlessness of trying to defend Sabine in GM, but I'm glad I left it to others as mine probably would have come across as "take my advice because I'm not using it".

I'll be voting in the "hottest" poll, it's easy enough to do and it's not something to take too seriously. I just can't do the "Whore your faves & hate/dislikes" thing. HAVING to post disliked players in order to make your votes count is way to negative a concept for me, and the fact it's a TF tradition speaks volumes. Some posters have put disclaimers on their dislike list which is okay, but I just hate the whole idea of it so much I have to abstain.

The poll itself is a complete mess, there's no apparent logic shown in many of the choices, with players I'd consider quite similar appearing at either end of the spectrum. It gets nauseating to look at after a while, and the only conclusion I could draw was that many must dislike/hate players for the most frivolous of reasons. Not unexpected really.

As boomerangkid has already said, in the real world, the one that counts, Sabine is a very popular player and no amount of negative comments or votes in the artificial atmosphere that is GM can change that. It's something to remember if you do frequent GM and find yourself getting upset at the rubbish that's often posted. Although responding there is probably pointless, I just can't resist sometimes. If you have the time or inclination, a bit of flag flying is okay, fun even, just don't expect any great change. It's like a conga line of idiots there, with new ones joining every day.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #369
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
Does boomerangkid have a cunning plan to keep mentioning the Luxembourg trip to make us more and more envious? If so, it's working perfectly on me!
Nope, but I always have to think about how it happened to me almost accidentally only cause I'm a chatty person and talking with people make you get more infos you want

and when I read these bashing post about her, I remember it and have to laugh about these " poor souls" who are so on the wrong way with the girls they talk about. I've noticed another girl showing bitchy character but don't talk about...(:

My life is too happy to join places of hate ond stupidity

Btw...have a problem to see her as a "hot" woman cause she wants to be everything than that If there was a poll for the most adorable player I would join in. (perhaps...)
Most funny is to read she must be a bad girl cause she's not close with the other german players.

I enjoy the tennis off season as what it is: Offtime! Familytime!
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #370
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
Nope, Sorry!!.. but I always have to think about how it happened to me almost accidentally only cause I'm a chatty person and talking with people make you get more infos you want

and when I read these bashing post about her, I remember it and have to laugh about these " poor souls" who are so on the wrong way with the girls they talk about. I've noticed another girl showing bitchy character but don't talk about...(:

My life is too happy to join places of hate ond stupidity

Btw...have a problem to see her as a "hot" woman cause she wants to be everything than that If there was a poll for the most adorable player I would join in. (perhaps...)
Quote:
Well I agree a word such as 'hotness' doesn't do justice to Sabine's attractiveness and so much appeal comes from her personality and character. First and foremost I love Sabine for who she is inside, her fighting spirit on the court etc although I also find her attractive, very cute
Well said!

Most funny is to read she must be a bad girl cause she's not close with the other german players.

I enjoy the tennis off season as what it is: Offtime! Familytime!
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #371
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

anyone wants to join this with Sabine Lisicki

http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1064
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #372
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wert. View Post
anyone wants to join this with Sabine Lisicki

http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1064
Keep in mind that Hinderance, the poster who is the other half of this game was making derogatory comments about Sabine's appearance in the "hottest player" thread. I'm sure Mike81 will remember, he didn't get left out either.

Now there's not much you can do about what brainless idiots say in GM about Sabine, but since I was playing Wert's and his game as Sabine at the time, and my comment in the game thread on his remarks was ignored, I thought it was time to go under the circumstances. What I actually thought was much less polite to be truthful.

Hinderance is so very appropriate, it means handicap, impediment, obstruction, obstacle, tending to cause a negative result, an act of hindering some Wert's plans or efforts.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #373
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
Just to mentions that I'm a big fan of Sabine for a long time, I have nothing to do with his comments. I'm just promoting the game cause it needs more players
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #374
country flag JohnMcP

Sabine's quarterfinal is now up for voting, which closes on November 21st at 6:00 p.m. (not sure which time zone). She needs our support as she is in a very tough division and has fallen back from second place to fourth place with Cibulkova and Robson on her heels. Come on, Mike -- we can't have you sleep through this one -- she might need a couple of your collages to pull through. (After one such collage was posted for Petra Cetkovska, she shot up to second place).

Anyway, won't be the end of the world if Sabs doesn't make it through, but it's pretty painless to vote.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #375
country flag Mike81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Sabine's quarterfinal is now up for voting, which closes on November 21st at 6:00 p.m. (not sure which time zone). She needs our support as she is in a very tough division and has fallen back from second place to fourth place with Cibulkova and Robson on her heels. Come on, Mike -- we can't have you sleep through this one -- she might need a couple of your collages to pull through. (After one such collage was posted for Petra Cetkovska, she shot up to second place).

Anyway, won't be the end of the world if Sabs doesn't make it through, but it's pretty painless to vote.
Lucky I logged in I had been busy with other things for a couple of days and didn't notice the thread on the GM front page, it was buried a little so luckily I noticed you mentioning it had started on here!

It may only be a poll but it would be pretty hurtful if Bine doesn't make it through to the semis, I guess it's hard for me to understand why Bine isn't more loved on this forum , she is a beautiful young woman with a fantastic personality and exciting game (when in form!).

I think the group isn't that strong really and I consider Domi quite attractive so I expect her to get quite a few votes, so I'm doing what I can to promote Bine and maybe win a few people over, but only one vote from me this year.