Sabine Fans Chat Thread - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #286
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice
Re: Sabine Fans Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
Well, if all the remaining fans wish "complete "injuryfreeness" and health for Sabine Lisicki in 2013" when the clockhand jumps on midnighthour on the 31.12.2012 ! I'll try. Not more we can do.
I hope to survive ... from the beginning of the year I do not know more what cross for good luck to Sabine.

I look like a bundle of wire. I will have soon need a massage in a spa
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #287
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Well, K is Germany's No.1 right now so that tells me something. Maybe Petko will get back there but she needs matches. Everyone predicted Sabs would be Top 10, Germany's No.1 etc, but she has only shown her potential in flashes. 2012 has not been kind to Sabs on court...maybe 2013 will provide us with more hope.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #288
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurysicki View Post
I hope to survive ... from the beginning of the year I do not know more what cross for good luck to Sabine.

I look like a bundle of wire. I will have soon need a massage in a spa

...some of you really need another hobby than tennis or another object of desire than Sabine

to get over desert times w/o suffering too much

And Ian, you better look for a new "schatzi" (if you are obsessed w the actual no6)
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #289
country flag jasonwright25

jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
You're right about that. You just gotta look at their Wimbledon match as a prime example of this. I remember at one point thinking Kerber didn't deserve to win the match based on her attitude alone. So negaitve! And just bad, bad body language, sometimes it looked like she wasn't even trying... and then of course the Sabine errors started and she perked back up.
I don't see negative in Kerber nearly as much as I see fiery competitor that fights like hell and expects a lot of herself. She wears her emotions on her sleeve but fights through adversity too. She seems respectful of her competitors and gives them credit when they beat her. I respect that and hope she continues having success.
jasonwright25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #290
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

boomerangkid mentioned previously, that players of Sabine's class never chase ranking points, so was right not to enter a tournament this week.

However, we all saw what happened last summer with Birmingham-Wimbledon-Dallas.

Sabine is a confidence player, a real momentum player. When she's winning matches, feeling good and getting a rythym into her serve and forehand, she's like a runaway train, very difficult to stop. She's had 2 weeks just playing doubles with Peng. Had she gone to Tashkent, she would have been the No1 seed, had she gone to Quebec, she would have been No3. These were great opportunities to get some wins, smack a few opponents off the court and maybe have the thrill of holding a trophy aloft again. This would have sent her into the Asian stretch as a totally different player.

Amazingly, discounting her love of Wimbledon (including the Olympics), she hasn't won a single match anywhere since mid-April! I know she got injured against Serena, but that's 5 months for goodness sake. 5 whole months without a single victory away from the grass of Wimby!

If she's fit enough to play doubles and practice, then she's fit enough to play tournaments. I know people will say she needs to get healthy & fit, but quite often that comes with match fitness. She will get stronger winning games than she will having practice sessions at Bradenton
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #291
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
Had she gone to Tashkent, she would have been the No1 seed, had she gone to Quebec, she would have been No3. These were great opportunities to get some wins, smack a few opponents off the court and maybe have the thrill of holding a trophy aloft again.
If she's fit enough to play doubles and practice, then she's fit enough to play tournaments. I know people will say she needs to get healthy & fit, but quite often that comes with match fitness. She will get stronger winning games than she will having practice sessions at Bradenton
Sorry, but don't agree with that. Obviously she didn't feel (physical and mentally) ready to play a tournament where she had been favourite and look what happened in Quebec w the favourites?!

On the other hand she feels so good and home at Bradenton and practising there will give her a better feeling before heading to asia. What if she caught another first rd defeat not feeling @80% and that's what' s needed at the moment, even to fight a 40,50,80 ranked player, its all very tight behind the Top4 and what she needs now is everything than another first rd. lost ag. a no40 player
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #292
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

We'll agree to disagree then

If you're right, then that shows how low her confidence is right now. But, you don't learn to swim unless you take the armbands off. In other words, her confidence will only return when she starts winning again, and she isn't getting that feeling at Bradenton. If she's refraining from entering tournaments due to the worry of suffering another bad 1st round exit, then her mental state is clearly in a terrible place right now
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #293
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
We'll agree to disagree then

If you're right, then that shows how low her confidence is right now. But, you don't learn to swim unless you take the armbands off. In other words, her confidence will only return when she starts winning again, and she isn't getting that feeling at Bradenton. If she's refraining from entering tournaments due to the worry of suffering another bad 1st round exit, then her mental state is clearly in a terrible place right now
Let's try to say it with my simple english abilities

The Top of womens tennis is a piranha bowl. When you haven't practised & prepared enough to bring at least 85% of your level, you can lose to players you are not used to lose... oh dear, hate to talk about those things in english....

It's less bad to lose ag. a top10 player than a ~50 player and as she said so many times this year: She doesn't care about being 12,22 or 33 in Rankings, but she wants to be able (health and fit enough) to play w the best as she did ag. sharapova this year. But this year ist nicht mehr zu retten, was das ranking angeht. Warum jetzt Panik schieben wie die Rechenkünstler und Statistiker? Sie machts meiner Meinung nach richtig, keine Panik, allein konzentrieren auf eine anständige physische Verfassung, wo noch einiges drin ist und dann in 2013 neu angreifen. Wen interessiert es, ob sie am 30.11. deutsche Nr. 2,3,4 oder 5 ist? Weder sie noch mich, denn jeder weiß wozu sie in der Lage ist und das zu beweisen ist ihr Ziel. Seht doch wie es bei Ivanovic gemacht wurde. Sie hat auch viele schlimme Niederlagen in 2012 eingesteckt, aber es immer weiter versucht und nun ist sie wieder oben dabei

But your right, me too, I miss her lifting little trophies...
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #294
country flag Yukon62

Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice Yukon62 is just really nice

Quote:
Seht doch wie es bei Ivanovic gemacht wurde. Sie hat auch viele schlimme Niederlagen in 2012 eingesteckt, aber es immer weiter versucht und nun ist sie wieder oben dabei
Apropos Ivanovic: Ich habe sie bei den US Open kaum wiedererkannt gegenüber letztem Jahr. Um einiges schlanker (Ernährungsumstellung!) und stark verbesserte Beinarbeit und Physis insgesamt. Novak Djorkovic muss ihr wohl empfohlen haben, sich einen eigenen Physio/Konditionstrainer ins Team zu holen.
Die Fortschritte waren nicht zu übersehen. Falls sie gesund bleibt, erwarte ich in den nächsten 12 Monaten ihren Angriff auf die Top 5.

Vielleicht sind da ein paar Denkanstösse für einige unserer Mädels dabei!
Yukon62 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #295
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice

Ok so I put my soul in peace ... I am proud to Sabine matter what happens.
I just have to accept that she is a "Time Bomb" of the WTA. She will never win a Grand Slam, but occasionally in a Slam, she will cry a top ten and maybe throw down from No.1.
Of course, in order to benefit another player in the rankings.
Anyway this will be a great performance. Once I go into this spirit, the WTA world will seem to me better.
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #296
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sorry, but don't agree with that. Obviously she didn't feel (physical and mentally) ready to play a tournament where she had been favourite and look what happened in Quebec w the favourites?!

On the other hand she feels so good and home at Bradenton and practising there will give her a better feeling before heading to asia. What if she caught another first rd defeat not feeling @80% and that's what' s needed at the moment, even to fight a 40,50,80 ranked player, its all very tight behind the Top4 and what she needs now is everything than another first rd. lost ag. a no40 player
She sure cares about her Ranking a lot, but she is on tour for some time now, so she knows the ups and downs and i think she is able to decide if she needs to play at all cost because of Ranking points or not.

Personally i think she should have taken a WC and play a tournament before Tokyo, but who knows how her confidence in her game is at the moment.
Another First round loss, especially when she would be seeded 1 or 3 would be a disaster and could destroy all of her confidence again, those many first round losses already got to her a lot.

On the other hand, Tokyo is now extremely important, an early loss would be even worse and we know she needs matches to get her game working.
Iam not very optimistic, but we have to trust her that she knows what to do.

2013 GG: Petra Kvitova, 2014 RU
2014 GG: Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #297
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

^i'm not sure if she knows what to do, but i think she always knows what to say

what's her DISEASE right now, not symptom

injury? then let's get the injury treated, problem solved

lack of confidence? that's the symptom, not the disease, why no confidence? because she has not won a SINGLE match for a long time, then let's go and win a match

even pova knows to play birmingham after her return from shoulder injury several years ago
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #298
country flag maturedgirl

Quote:
^i'm not sure if she knows what to do, but i think she always knows what to say
Some of her very big fans here are really believing and trust in Sabine and her savvy! She isn't a silly blond girl a la Paris Hilton!

Bit by bit I got that most of her (male) fans are seeing in her what she is used to be in commercials of the WTA ... a brainless nice doll
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #299
country flag Beaumont

You're right, but that's the way she has been marketed though isn't it?

We all know that sex sells. Yes, she's a tennis player, but she has a lovely personality, great smile and a hot body. She gets all these lucrative marketing deals because lots of people want to have sex with her, that's the way it works, it's just like being a pop star.

This probably explains why she has been pressurised to keep relationships secret!!
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #300
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Some of her very big fans here are really believing and trust in Sabine and her savvy! She isn't a silly blond girl a la Paris Hilton!

Bit by bit I got that most of her (male) fans are seeing in her what she is used to be in commercials of the WTA ... a brainless nice doll

Na das ist doch bei allen hübschen Spielerinnen so, gibt immer solche und solche, nicht nur Männer

We all think to know whats best for her, what to do, maybe sometimes we are right, but i believe she knows whats best and has good reasons for her decisions.
Remember it's her Job for many years now, she knows how it's done.

2013 GG: Petra Kvitova, 2014 RU
2014 GG: Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote