Wimbledon 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #1
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future
Wimbledon 2014

Sabine withdrew from Birmingham because of her wrist injury, so Wimbledon will be her next tournament.

Quote:
Sabine Lisicki @sabinelisicki
Now it's all about getting ready for Wimbledon and slowly increase court time again. Thx for all your nice messages!!

Sabine Lisicki @sabinelisicki
I've seen my doctors and I got lucky to not have anything serious. Unfortunately I won't be able to play Birmingham...

Lets hope for some wins, even without any matchplay on grass.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova

Last edited by Ziva : Jun 4th, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #2
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice
Re: Wimbledon 2014

A bit complicated...

SABINE LISICKI
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #3
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold

Okay this seriously sucks The wrist injury must be quite serious Hope she recovers in time for Wimbledon!
Lamb4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 09:07 AM   #4
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

"Slowly increase court time again."... I think she's done in Wimbledon. R1 exit.

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #5
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

It will be just like 2012 -- she exited in the first round of Birmingham with "breathing problems" and went to Bradenton where she hit "thousands of balls." She was up and down during Wimbledon -- a strong first round but a nervy second round where she almost got beat by Jovanovski, an up and down third round where she beat Sloane in three, maybe her best overall match ever blowing Sharapova off the court in two, and an up and down match against Kerber (in la la land the first half of the match after which she recovered to barely pull out a tiebreak and appear headed for victory in the third as she served for the match before apparently choking it away). Somewhere in all of this she suffered an ab injury which hampered her all the way through the U.S. Open.

All we can learn form this is that anything can happen (especially in an even numbered year), but if she can get past the first round she can start to build confidence and who knows how far she can go.
JohnMcP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #6
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Bine in crisis and Ziva making the Wimby thread...can't get any worse
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #7
country flag ente73

ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice ente73 is just really nice

Will Sabine be seeded at no. 16 minimum?
ente73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #8
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ente73 View Post
Will Sabine be seeded at no. 16 minimum?
No chance, probably at #19, but it depends on the Birmingham results.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #9
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Isn't there a special Bine rule for Wimby seeding?

Bine should at least be seeded at #2!
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #10
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't been in effect since forever.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #11
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
Bine in crisis and Ziva making the Wimby thread...can't get any worse

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #12
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Hasn't been in effect since forever.
yes and to be honest, why should they do something like that when she's barely winning matches all year.

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 08:00 AM   #13
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold Lamb4Life is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
"Slowly increase court time again."... I think she's done in Wimbledon. R1 exit.
There is still a little more than 2 weeks before Wimbledon starts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
yes and to be honest, why should they do something like that when she's barely winning matches all year.
For the seed bump they only look at the previous results at Wimbledon...
Lamb4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #14
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
Isn't there a special Bine rule for Wimby seeding?

Bine should at least be seeded at #2!
I suggest she writes them a letter

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #15
country flag Poldo

Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of Poldo has much to be proud of

So she has to beat Sharapova this year again
Poldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote