Sabine and Social Media - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #1
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Sabine and Social Media

Sabine is usually a reasonably regular Tweeter, I don't follow Facebook but presume her or one of her Team updates this also from time to time.

But with the recent 'controversy' on Twitter when she initially put her AO 2nd rd defeat to Niculescu down to the heat before having to add a later tweet crediting her opponent, could the result be less Bine on social media? She may come to a decision that it isn't worth the hassle and close her account, certainly on Twitter.

For me, it was all 'a storm in a teacup' and I'm certain Bine was just expressing her own disappointment. But of course her detractors will pounce on anything.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 08:18 AM   #2
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future
Re: Sabine and Social Media

Sabine rarely tweets or posts facebook these days, at least not compared to years gone by. She'd still want a presence on there because it's a tool to increase the fan base, which she has done significantly over the past year.

**LISICKI** **CIBULKOVA** **IVANOVIC** **ROBSON**
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 09:38 AM   #3
country flag Bine

Bine is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting what you've said Ian. Yeah I sure hope she doesn't stop tweeting after that happened! I love her tweets.
But at the same time, I agree with Mike. Sabine's tweeting rate has gone down compared to before. And she barely updates Facebook Often seems like team is doing most of the Facebook as messages are always hours or a day after the message she posts on twitter.
I hope she just ignores the trolls. Also I've noticed her tweets are also now more professional. Mostly related to her tennis(but what else would we expect from a tennis player). But you can expect that now since like this incident, people can criticize her for anything. Certainly with a larger following now. I guess she also likes to be private too so that can explain her less tweeting. At the same time she's really busy these days too.
But I just don't think she'll delete her twitter. Maybe less frequent posts but not delete.
Bine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #4
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

she should get off twitter imo, since the Wimbledon Final and her new BF, lots of people are only waiting for her to do a small mistake or whatever there to use it against her.

In general, less talking, more tennis would be a good thing atm.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #5
country flag Lamb4Life

Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all Lamb4Life is a name known to all

How a message of 140 characters can be blown so much out of proportion... She was clearly dissapointed after the match and probably send the tweet without thinking about it too much...but then the "damage" is already done... Well that's the disadvantage but also power of social media... She won't be off Twitter...it's a good way to keep in contact with her fanbase... But surely she'll be more careful in the future what to tweet and what not...
Lamb4Life is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #6
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all lovethetennis is a name known to all

Twitter isn't the only place she deletes stuff. Sabine had initially shared this photo from one of her sponsors at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater But, she decided to un-share it hours later after people left negative messages about her R2 loss.

Last edited by lovethetennis : Jan 19th, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
lovethetennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #7
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Thats why i'd say it's best to drop this social media stuff. It's not even very interesting and not informative at all.

Fb isn't managed by herself most of the time, though.

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #8
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Heinrich ist sehr traurig das er nicht gewonnen hat
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #9
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
Heinrich ist sehr traurig das er nicht gewonnen hat

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:37 PM   #10
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

I used to pay attention to facebook and occasionally reply -- it was nice just knowing that she was reading my responses and maybe I gave her an ounce of inspiration. But Mike is right -- I'm not sure how much she even reads anymore and since Wimbledon, any response would get lost in the mountains of crap that gets posted. It's not like it used to be, but I guess that is to be expected whenever someone's name recognition goes up.

Her latest tweet addition/deletion shows that, while her "fans" can tweet and post anything no matter how outrageous in relative anonymity, her tweets will be parsed and analyzed and become fodder for the GM haters.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote