Malagasy Magic: Zarah Razafimahatratra - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 09:56 AM   #136
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold
Re: Malagasy Magic: Zarah Razafimahatratra

Love to see talented players from obscure countries (at least in tennis terms) doing nicely, especially because the institutions & financial budgets for tennis often aren't the best there, and tennis can be an expensive sport in itself. Sad to see she hasn't been able to get a bursary, especially being a top 30 world junior player, as it would help immensely financially and reduce stress, which would help with focus.

I wish her a good career and will follow progress closely.
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #137
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

zarah played the G2 last week in south africa. sadly, she lost in 3 sets in the QF in singles after going to three sets in both her first and second round match. and in doubles, she lost in the QF, too. i hoped for better results...

better luck next time zarah! and she dropped in the rankings 11 spots from no. 22 to no. 33

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #138
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

AJC singles draw: http://sata.tournamentsoftware.com/s...E0C8351&draw=3
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #139

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

go zarah!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:10 AM   #140
country flag Embittered

A new story in which Zarah explains her defeat:
Je crois tout simplement que je n'ai pas eu suffisamment de temps pour me prparer et tre au top durant ces championnats d'Afrique. Je n'ai pu revenir en Afrique du Sud que vers la fin du mois de fvrier, cause d'un souci financier sur mon billet retour. Donc, trois semaines ont t insuffisantes pour moi et la dfaite s'explique logiquement comme cela. La non-obtention de ma bourse olympique a aussi beaucoup pes sur le pal psychologique
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #141
country flag Embittered

http://www.whosay.com/ashleighbarty/...w&code=IWM3j8q
Quote:
Hey everyone! My European Clay Court season begins tomorrow! I play my first match against a good friend on mine but i am looking forward to competing hard and playing well!
Which turns out to be Zarah, who had a good win over Ostapenko today at the Santa Croce G1. Zarah's getting on a bit to be playing in junior events, mind you.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #142

gl zarah,get back on track and hope she gets a sponsor soon, too! that would make her life so much easier!

Old May 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #143
country flag Embittered

@ashbar96
Quote:
Hey everyone. I won my singles match this morning 75 62. Was a tough match but always nice to get the cob-webs out and get a win. I play again tomorrow, 2nd on after 8:30am. Looking forward to getting some more court time!
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #144

zarah seems to be really out of form. she dropped to no.96 in the rankings

Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #145

zarah down to no. 102 in the rankings. after losing to barty, she played the Grade A tournament in Bonfiglio and lost in R2 to Kulichkova 06 75 36. last week she played the G1 Astrid Bowl Chaleroi and had to play qualies. she won two matches and then won two more main draw matches, beating no. 9 seed Bosio, then losing to another qualifier, Ostapenko, in another really close match 16 76 67. she doesn't play Roland Garros this week, her ranking was probably too low.

she's on the entry list at the G1 in Offenbach next week, so I'll go there again and see if I can meet her and talk to her again and maybe get some photos like last year. hope she has a better run there than in the last two years where she lost in R2....come on zarah, get back on track!

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #146
country flag Embittered

Thanks.

I guess the obvious question is what her plans are. Article at last year's FO suggested she was considering US college tennis, which seems quite a good fit, but I haven't seen any commitment announcement, so I'm guessing she's chosen another route.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #147

last time i talked to her she said she might move to florida, but i don't know if she's done it or what she's doing now. i guess i'll find out next week. i'll tell you if i have any news.

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #148

G1 Offenbach:

Razafimahatratra def. El Kamash 62 63

some news from zarah. i met her today, she seemed to be really happy to see me again. i saw the second set of her match, she played good and solid, but she wasn't 100% satisfied. she's traveling with the itf team again, the girl she played was also from the team. tomorrow, she plays the german no.6 seed lottner (semifinalist at the FO last week). its a tough draw, but zarah said she's looking forward to the match. she'll also play doubles tomorrow with a romaian girl.
i asked her about her plans to go to america. she has a meeting with the itf team and some officials in london next week and they'll talk about her options and what she'll do in the future. so i hope everything goes well for her tomorrow and next week. gonna give you all some updates tomorrow after her match.

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #149

R2: Razafimahatratra def. (6)Lottner 64 16 64

what a great win for zarah. she played a great match and was down a break so often but kept cool evry time. lottner is a great player, she'll have a great future. she's in the porsche team for very talented german junior players. barbara rittner was there with her. lottner has a great serve and a good forehand, her backhand is weaker, and her movement coud be better sometimes.
zarah was very nervous at the beginning and was down 0-2 very fast. then she regrouped and made less errors, winning the first with one break 64. in the second set, lottner regrouped and zarah made too many errors and lost some confidence, rsulting in that scond set 16. in the beginning of the third, zarah looked more confident again and held serve until 3-3, both having not many breakpoints. then, lottner broke for 4-3 and i though, well, thta's it, she's gonna win with her serve. but zarah broke right back. then, she held serve for 5-4 after a really long service games with many deuces. lottner was angry and lost her rhythm. zarah profited from that and broke lottner to 15 in the next game. she was so happy and was really thankful that i cheered on her, especially in the third at 4-4, because her team was so quiet. all in all, zarahs movement was great, she got nearly every ball, staying really low. and also her groundstrokes were great. only her volleys could be better.

today, she has to play another match becaus eyesterday was a rain delay, so zarah will probably play another girl from the itf team, a girl from indonesia. gl to her, will go to the tournament later again and cheer on her.

congrats for her best result in offenbach (she's never been further than R2). i'll post some photos i took today in the nex t days.

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #150

R3: Razafimahatratra def. Pairone 75 61

zarah had a good start, got an early break, but was broken when she served for the set at 5-4. then she got the better end of the set. in the second set, she won some great rallys and moved very well, even though she had a headache. tomorrow in the QF, she has to play against Lekaj, a girl she lost against earlier this year 26 16
and she has to play her doubles match tomorrow. gl to her!