Serena headlines Hopman Cup field - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2014, 04:46 PM   #1
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
Serena headlines Hopman Cup field

Serena looking to extend her legendary status/records.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...pman-cup-field
Serena headlines Hopman Cup field

PERTH, Australia -- Top-ranked Serena Williams will combine with Wimbledon doubles champion Jack Sock in the United States team which will compete in a star-studded Hopman Cup tournament in January.
Williams won the Cup with James Blake in 2003 and Mardy Fish in 2008 and will again use the tournament as preparation for the first Grand Slam tournament of the season, the Australian Open.
Defending champion Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will combine with Alize Cornet in a French team playing in Group B with Australia, Great Britain and Poland. Two-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray will play for Britain alongside Heather Watson.
Canada's Eugenie Bouchard, rising Australian star Nick Kyrgios and world No.6 Agnieszka Radwanska are among other big names confirmed for the Jan. 4-10 event.

Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2014, 04:53 PM   #2
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena headlines Hopman Cup field

no Brisbane than..480 points away.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 04:55 PM   #3
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

I like this idea. I think it will help her to be better prepared for AO than Brisbane. More footwork involved in these matches, plus she will face the guys who serve better with more pace, and it will sharpen her net play.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 04:57 PM   #4
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
I like this idea. I think it will help her to be better prepared for AO than Brisbane. More footwork involved in these matches, plus she will face the guys who serve better with more pace, and it will sharpen her net play.
Exactly why I'm excited.
Plus, when was the last time she was healthy enough to play the Hopman Cup? And Sock is a decent partner and trustworthy individual.
She'll have fun while representing/competing for her country.

Additionally...

The defending champions are Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Alize Cornet.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 05:01 PM   #5
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Exactly why I'm excited.
Plus, when was the last time she was healthy enough to play the Hopman Cup? And Sock is a decent partner and trustworthy individual.
She'll have fun while representing/competing for her country.
Healthy enough to win Brisbane 2013 + 2014.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote