TennisForum Racket Bracket - 2010 NCAA Team Championships -FINAL- Congrats CTSEMT!!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2010, 04:46 AM   #1
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
TennisForum Racket Bracket - 2010 NCAA Team Championships -FINAL- Congrats CTSEMT!!!!

Racket Bracket |2010|NCAA Championships

Playing Racket Bracket is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here is what you need to know:

This game is based off of F-I-T-D , or Fill-In-The-Draw.

1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.

2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!

3) You must post your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.

4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". Writing down the winner's name only is allowed, but it might make things confusing for us and you may lose points as a result, so please try to post as specified.

Please post players' full names, not nicknames.

6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! (any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)

7) Please keep your picks as your own and DO NOT copy and paste other poster's picks. If you do this this will be taken as cheating and your picks will not be counted.

Feel free to ask questions! Good luck and have fun!

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2010, 04:46 AM   #2

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TennisForum Racket Bracket - 2010 NCAA Championships

Point Value

For every win:
Quote:
First Round: 1 point per win
Second Round: 2 points per win
Third Round: 4 points per win
Quarterfinals: 8 points per win
Semi-Finals: 16 points per win
Final: 32 points for the winner

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 7th, 2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old May 7th, 2010, 04:46 AM   #3

Team Draw

Click here for the TEAM draw

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 14th, 2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old May 7th, 2010, 04:46 AM   #4

Seeds

Quote:
1. Baylor (Big 12)
2. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill (ACC)
3. University of Florida (SEC)
4. University of Michigan (Big 10)
5. University of Notre Dame (Big East)
6. Northwestern University (Big 10)
7. University of California - Los Angeles (Pac 10)
8. Stanford University (Pac 10)
9. Clemson University (SEC)
10. Duke University (ACC)
11. University of Miami - Florida (ACC)
12. University of California - Berkley (Pac 10)
13. University of Tennessee (SEC)
14. Georgia Tech University (ACC)
15. Florida State University (ACC)
16. University of Texas - Austin (Big 12)

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 7th, 2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old May 7th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #5

Contenders

1. Baylor
Record: 27-2
Highlights: Big 12 Championship, Number 1 Rank
Why?: With only 2 losses of the season, Baylor has a solid line-up. They have only lost to North Carolina 2-4 at the National Indoors and an away match against Michigan 3-4. They have only 1 National Championship, a 2005 singles winner in Zuzana Zemenova. They usually go deep but falter at the end. Can they finally finish at the end???

2. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Record: 26-4
Highlights: ACC Runner-Up, ITA Indoor Runner-Up, Number 1 Rank
Why?: The Tar Heels have gelled extremely well and have a great line-up led by Seniors Katerina Tsang and Sanaz Marand. The breifly held the number 1 ranking earlier in the year and with all 4 of their losses coming at 3-4, they show that they don't go easy. They also have 1 National Championship, a doubles win when Sara Anundsen and Jenna Long won in 2007. I have personally seen them play and they have the tools to win, but other teams stand in their way.

3. University of Florida
Record: 24-2
Highlights: SEC Winners
Why?: The hottest team in the country right now, who haven't lost a match since February. Led my freshmen Lauren Embree and Allie Will, they are a force to be reckoned with. They are on a 17-match winning streak. The have 12 National Championships, 4 in each team, singles and doubles. They got the Triple Crown (all events won) in 1995. They have what it takes, but will they flame out?

8. Stanford University
Record: 20-1
Highlights: Pac 10 Winners
Why?: The Cardinals are in NCAA history with their tennis program. They currently ride on a 13-match winning streak and at home, have won a record 161 consecutive matches (131 in the regular season). Their win count is "low" only because they decided against playing at the ITA Indoors. They have a total of 32 National Championships, 15 in team, 12 in singles and 5 in doubles. They also won the Triple Crown in 1990. They have a solid line-up and with their only loss a 1-6 match to UCLA, the Cards can do some damage.

Darkhorses:
- Defending Champions Duke
- Home team UGA
- Georgia Tech
- Michigan
- Northwestern
- California
- UCLA

It will be a great Championship, for sure!

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 7th, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old May 7th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #6

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by tennisbuddy12 : May 7th, 2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old May 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #7
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

tennisbuddy12 you post first, I'll follow your example

I did post a team prediction elsewhere..is it for 16 teams or also 32?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #8
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Amalgamate's Predictions

First Round

(1) Baylor def. Northwestern St.
Tulsa def. North Texas
(16) Texas def. Wichita St.
Arkansas def. Oklahoma

(8) Stanford def. Fairfield
SMU def. Pepperdine
(9) Clemson def. College of Charleston
Georgia def. Harvard

(4) Michigan def. Illinois at Chicago
DePaul def. Ohio St.
(13) Tennessee def. Winthrop
Vanderbilt def. Indiana

(5) Notre Dame def. IPFW
Iowa def. Boise St.
(12) California def. Southern U.
Southern California def. Sacramento St.

Texas A&M def. Southern Florida
(11) Miami (FL) def. Boston University
Illinois def. Nebraska
(6) Northwestern def. Miami (OH)

Mississippi def. UC Irvine
(14) Georgia Tech def. Austin Peay
Washington def. Utah
(3) Florida def. S.C. St.

Virginia def. Princeton
(10) Duke def. Long Island
Arizona St. def. St. Mary’s (CA)
(7) UCLA def. Army

South Carolina def. TCU
(15) Florida St. def. North Florida
VCU def. UNLV
(2) North Carolina def. Richmond

Second Round

(1) Baylor def. Tulsa
(16) Texas def. Arkansas
(8) Stanford def. SMU
(9) Clemson def. (16) Georgia

(4) Michigan def. DePaul
(13) Tennessee def. Vanderbilt
(5) Notre Dame def. Iowa
(12) California def. Southern California

(11) Miami (FL) def. Texas A&M
(6) Northwestern def. Illinois
(14) Georgia Tech def. Mississippi
(3) Florida def. Washington

Virginia def. (10) Duke
(7) UCLA def. Arizona St.
South Carolina def. (15) Florida St.
(2) North Carolina def. VCU

SWEET 16

(1) Baylor def. (16) Texas
(8) Stanford def. (9) Clemson
(4) Michigan def. (13) Tennessee
(12) California def. (5) Notre Dame

(11) Miami (FL) def. (6) Northwestern
(3) Florida def. (14) Georgia Tech
(7) UCLA def. Virginia
(2) North Carolina def. South Carolina

ELITE 8

(8) Stanford def. (1) Baylor
(12) California def. (4) Michigan

(3) Florida def. (11) Miami (FL)
(2) North Carolina def. (7) UCLA

FINAL 4

(8) Stanford def. (12) California
(3) Florida def. (2) North Carolina

CHAMPION

(3) Florida def. (8) Stanford

Last edited by Amalgamate : May 7th, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 05:05 AM   #9
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
tennisbuddy12 you post first, I'll follow your example

I did post a team prediction elsewhere..is it for 16 teams or also 32?
I believe all 64.
Old May 7th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Thanks for doing this Dylan I will edit this post with my team predictions soon!

Could you also explain, perhaps in the first post, how the points are awarded. I think that is important in terms of whether there is more emphasis on the final four, winner etc.
My name is Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I believe all 64.
Correct

Old May 7th, 2010, 05:08 AM   #11
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

So do we post one step? at a time? Like Only Rd of 64s for now?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 05:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
So do we post one step? at a time? Like Only Rd of 64s for now?
You put it all at once, here is an example:

My picks for Estoril (horrific, I know)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=17

Old May 7th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #13

Round of 64
(1)Baylor def. Northwestern State
Tulsa def. North Texas
(16)Texas def. Wichita State
Arkansas def. Oklahoma
(8)Stanford def. Fairfield
SMU def. Pepperdine
(9)Clemson def. Col. of Charleston
Georgia def. Harvard
(4)Michigan def. Ill.-Chicago
Ohio State def. DePaul
(13)Tennessee def. Winthrop
Vanderbilt def. Indiana
(5)Notre Dame def. IPFW
Iowa def. Boise St.
(12)California def. Southern U
Southern California def. Sacramento State
Texas A&M def. South Florida
(11)Miami (FL) def. Boston U
Illinois def. Nebraska
(6)Northwestern def. Miami (OH)
(14)Georgia Tech def. Austin Peay
Washington def. Utah
(3)Florida def. South Carolina State
Virginia def. Princeton
(10)Duke def. Long Island
St. Mary's (CA) def. Arizona State
(7)UCLA def. Army
SouthCarolina def. TCU
(15)Florida State def. North Florida
VCU def. UNLV
(2)North Carolina def. Richmond

Round of 32
(1)Baylor def. Tulsa
(16)Texas def. Arkansas
(8)Stanford def. SMU
(9)Clemson def. Georgia
(4)Michigan def. Ohio St.
(13)Tennessee def. Vanderbilt
(5)Notre Dame def. Iowa
(12)California def. Southern California
(11)Miami (FL) def. Texas A&M
(6)Northwestern def. Illinois
(14)Georgia Tech def. Mississippi
(3)Florida def. Washington
(10)Duke def. Virginia
(7)UCLA def. St. Mary's (CA)
South Carolina def. (15)Florida State
(2)North Carolina def. VCU

Round of 16
(1)Baylor def. (16)Texas
(8)Stanford def. (9)Clemson
(4)Michigan def. (13)Tennessee
(12)California def. (5)Notre Dame
(11)Miami (FL) def. (6)Northwestern
(3)Florida def. (14)Georgia Tech
(7)UCLA def. (10)Duke
(2)North Carolina def. South Carolina

Quarterfinals
(8)Stanford def. (1)Baylor
(12)California def. (4)Michigan
(3)Florida def. (11)Miami (FL)
(2)North Carolina def. (7)UCLA

Semi-Finals
(8)Stanford def. (12)California
(3)Florida def. (2)North Carolina

Final
(3)Florida def. (8)Stanford

Old May 7th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #14
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

Round of 64
(1)Baylor def. Northwestern State
Tulsa def. North Texas
(16)Texas def. Wichita State
Arkansas def. Oklahoma
(8)Stanford def. Fairfield
SMU def. Pepperdine
(9)Clemson def. Col. of Charleston
Georgia def. Harvard
(4)Michigan def. Ill.-Chicago
Ohio State def. DePaul
(13)Tennessee def. Winthrop
Vanderbilt def. Indiana
(5)Notre Dame def. IPFW
Iowa def. Boise St.
(12)California def. Southern U
Southern California def. Sacramento State
Texas A&M def. South Florida
(11)Miami (FL) def. Boston U
Illinois def. Nebraska
(6)Northwestern def. Miami (OH)
(14)Georgia Tech def. Austin Peay
Washington def. Utah
(3)Florida def. South Carolina State
Virginia def. Princeton
(10)Duke def. Long Island
St. Mary's (CA) def. Arizona State
(7)UCLA def. Army
SouthCarolina def. TCU
(15)Florida State def. North Florida
VCU def. UNLV
(2)North Carolina def. Richmond

Round of 32
(1)Baylor def. Tulsa
(16)Texas def. Arkansas
(8)Stanford def. SMU
(9)Clemson def. Georgia
(4)Michigan def. Ohio State
(13)Tennessee def. Vanderbilt
(5)Notre Dame def. Iowa
(12)California def. Southern California
(11)Miami def. Texas A&M
(6)Northwestern def. Illinois
(14)Georgia Tech def. Mississippi
(3)Florida def. Washington
(10)Duke def. Virginia
(7)UCLA def. St.Mary's
South Carolina def. (15)Florida State
(2)North Carolina def. VCU

Sweet 16
(1)Baylor def. (16)Texas
(8)Stanford def. (9)Clemson
(13)Tennessee def. (4)Michigan
(12)California def. (5)Notre Dame
(11)Miami def. (6)Northwestern
(3)Florida def. (14)Georgia Tech
(7)UCLA def. (10)Duke
(2)North Carolina def. South Carolina

Elite 8
(8)Stanford def. (1)Baylor
(12)California def. (13)Tennessee
(3)Florida def. (11)Miami
(2)North Carolina def. (7)UCLA

Final Four
(8)Stanford def. (12)California
(3)Florida def. (2)North Carolina

Championship
(3)Florida def. (8)Stanford
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #15
country flag Amalgamate

Oh dear All of our picks so far are almost identical. Hopefully other people have other opinions otherwise it will be no fun!