Ana Vrljic cheering thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #1
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Ana Vrljic cheering thread

Ana is a 23 y.o. Croatian tennis player with a current (career high) ranking of 193. Her favorite surface is hard, and current year win/loss record is 15-7. She won one singles and two doubles ITF titles, all back in 2003.

This week she plays in the main draw of Zagreb 75k, and her first round opponent is Nina Bratchikova, a 23 y.o. Russian ranked 213 (career high 197). A tough match, but hopefully Ana will find her way to a win.

Good luck

Last edited by ma re : Jul 8th, 2008 at 03:23 PM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #2
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Vrljic cheering thread

She didn't have thread till now??? That's weird she sure deserves one!!! Good luck in Zagreb!!!
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM   #3
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Won 1st round by 7-6 6-3

Now a tough job - Kostanic in R2.
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM   #4
country flag slavicpower

slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of

ajmo Ana
slavicpower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #5
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future

Bravo Ana!!!
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 07:04 AM   #6
country flag ma re

Ana is playing Contrexeville 50k this week and she beat compatriot Ana Savic (of all people) 7:5 7:5. In R2 she plays the winner of Lapore (#306) and Laisne (#487). I think she has a shot of making QF here.

Good luck Ana
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #7
country flag roxi

Good luck Ana
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #8
country flag ma re

Ana blew a great chance here by losing to Lapore 6:4 6:4

Hope she doesen't make it a habit.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #9
country flag slavicpower

slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of slavicpower has much to be proud of

very bad loss, she is very inconsistent
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #10
country flag roxi

Really disappointing loss!!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 07:16 AM   #11
country flag ma re

Ana is playing in Belgium this week, on Petange 75k, and has a very good first round draw - Matei of Romania, girl who's making a (not very convincing) comeback, currently ranked below 800, but was as high as 145 and is playing with protected ranking. They played twice before, match on hardcourt was won by Ana and the one on clay by Matei, but both were played before 2007.

Good luck Ana
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM   #12
country flag roxi

Good luck Ana !!!
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 07:33 AM   #13
country flag ma re

Ana is in the 2nd round after a 6:1 6:3 win! She'll get another 7 points for this (whatever happens next) which will move her to a new career high (some 5 places up I think).

In the next round she'll probably play another Romanian, Olaru who is 8th seed, which would be a much tougher job.

Good luck Ana

P. S. A correction from my side, tournament is not in Belgium, but in Luxembourg - sorry
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 11:06 AM   #14
country flag slavicpower

Good win bravo Ana, Raluca will be very tough tho I think she'll lose
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #15
country flag ma re

Ioana-Raluca Olaru (ROU) def. Ana Vrljic (CRO) 6:0 6:2

Oh well, getting to a new career high isn't THAT bad