NCAA Draws Posted - The road to Athens - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #1
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
NCAA Draws Posted - The road to Athens

click here to open pdf

Championship Central click here

Updating Bracket

Last edited by 2nd_serve : May 16th, 2010 at 04:16 AM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #2
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Re: NCAA Draws Posted - The road to Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
click here to open pdf

Championship Central click here
I see where Duke is this years Fresno State who got passed over to host.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #3
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Thanks for posting that. I watched it on ESPNEWS but couldn't find the draw online.

I hate how the NCAA does their seeds 1. vs. 16, 2 vs. 15 etc. That sucks!

*Stanford vs. Baylor (I knew it was already happening thought)
*USC vs. Cal in the Second Round Though Cal did win both matches this year 5-2.
*Duke NOT hosting mboyle
*Florida should steam roll their way to the R16 but Gerogia Tech played well in the ACC tournament

Last edited by Amalgamate : May 4th, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #4
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
I see where Duke is this years Fresno State who got passed over to host.
Except that Duke is the defending champion...
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #5
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Which of the top teams got the best draw!
Which of the top teams got the worst draw!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #6
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Which of the top teams got the best draw!
Which of the top teams got the worst draw!

Unlike normal tournaments, for the round of 16 the teams are planted. 1 vs 16, etc. As was pointed out the Cal v. USC in regionals has high interest for a regional. Have the Pac-10 kill each other off early.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #7
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Unlike normal tournaments, for the round of 16 the teams are planted. 1 vs 16, etc. As was pointed out the Cal v. USC in regionals has high interest for a regional.
It has me a bit worried. Interestingly, both times they met Cal did not have the regular line-up (Juricova, Cossou, Andersson, Siwosz, Goransson, Davis) although they won 5-2 each time.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #8
country flag iliketennis

iliketennis is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Northwestern was ranked 5. How come they are in the #6 spot???
iliketennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #9
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
It has me a bit worried. Interestingly, both times they met Cal did not have the regular line-up (Juricova, Cossou, Andersson, Siwosz, Goransson, Davis) although they won 5-2 each time.
Yea it doesn't bode well for USC when Cal beats them 5-2 without Cal's #2.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #10
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Too many rematches or potential rematches, the regionalization of the tournament tends to do that. Makes for a less than exciting tournament when you play the same teams you did in the regular season, especially conference wise. Oh well, no tournament is perfect, and it's not a big revenue generator.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #11
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketennis View Post
Good catch! The rankings have #5 Northwestern and #6 Notre Dame but the draw has it flipped There has to be some reason?
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #12
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketennis View Post
Probably took into account ND's win over Nwestern in the regular season? Of course, how is UNC the 2 seed when they got smacked up by Florida? Not that it really matters the difference between the 2 and 3 seed, but if they did that for ND and NW, why not for those 2?
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #13
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
I would pick Cal to win, but USC seemed to be playing well by the end of the season. and Cal may have slipped off a little mostly from Cossou missing some matches or only playing doubles. But even if all of Cal's players are (hopefully) healthy, it could be a tight match.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #14
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Probably took into account ND's win over Nwestern in the regular season? Of course, how is UNC the 2 seed when they got smacked up by Florida? Not that it really matters the difference between the 2 and 3 seed, but if they did that for ND and NW, why not for those 2?
If team's play to their seeding (which is rare).........NU 'gets' to play Florida vs. ND playing Michigan. If you were picking FL or MI, who would you rather play..........right.........

So, I'd love to know how the committee makes seeding decisions.

Although in the end, whoever wins the tourney this year has to get through Florida (my opinion), so whether you play them in Q, S or Final really doesn't matter.......
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #15
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1st thank you 2nd serve

Huh? at USC Cal played their full lineup I think?

Juricova Sanchez
Cossou Ramos
Andersson Lao
Siwosz Pulido
Davis Andrews
Radeva Kinstler

Ah you mean Goransson didn't play?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote