Malou Ejdesgaard - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #16
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Malou Ejdesgaard

I didn't know she had been injured but it's good to hear from her, and I'm glad she won her singles match today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
But she said last year at US Open (or was it 2 years ago) "I have played for full in 2 years" she should be better in the rankings if she was the next big player from DK...
Well, it must be pretty obvious that Malou isn't the next Caro (even if tv2 said so once!). Her singles results on the pro circuit are not very impressive: 9-29 carreer win/loss ratio (or 10-30 after today's match), and I don't think she has made it past the second round ever? But if she wants to play tennis, and believes she can get into top 100, then it's definetely possible. She has put a lot of pressure on herself by teaming up with Caro, and that can either misfire or be exactly the motivation she needs! I hope the latter! Malou certainly deserves the success!

Besides, she has always been very good in doubles and it will be quite interesting to see her and Caro play together. That's definetely something I'm looking forward to!
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #17
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Malou has an impossible schedule today!

Court 3 - Starting at 10:00
[4] Sanaa BHAMBRI (IND) vs. Malou EJDESGAARD (DEN)

Court 13 - Not Before 14:30
Malou EJDESGAARD (DEN)/Chanel SIMMONDS (RSA) vs. [2] Zuzana LINHOVA (CZE)/Poojashree VENKATESHA (IND)

Yesterday she had a 3-hour match in the afternoon, and today she'll start the morning vs. the 2nd seed in singles, and then a few hours later the 4th seed in doubles! Good luck!
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #18
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Malou Ejdesgaard har spillet sig frem til kvartfinalen i $10.000-turneringen i Durban i Sydafrika efter sejr over Sanaa Bhambri fra Indien. Malou skriver:

Jeg vandt min 2. runde i dag over seedet 4 med 7-5 6-3

They don't mention dubs...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #19
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennissporten.dk/pages/da...ke-nyheder.php

Its on tennissporten.dk, they mention Malou's win, but not Caro's win today

Old May 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #20
country flag angliru

Nice that she won her singles match!

Unfortunately Malou lost her doubles QF 6-4 6-0.
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #21
country flag Rome & Madrid

Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of Rome & Madrid has much to be proud of

good win in singles! Doubles I thought, they'd win the tournament

Bacsinszky * García Vidagany * Robson * Voegele * Garbin * Cornet * Groenefeld * Hénin * Simmonds

"nebo zna, baš kao ja, da je ime tvoje moja jedina, molitva"
Rome & Madrid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #22
country flag angliru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome & Madrid View Post
Doubles I thought, they'd win the tournament
I had high hopes too

She played the QF in singles vs. Fourouclas (RSA) at 10 AM today, but the results are not up yet...
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #23
country flag angliru

EJDESGAARD, Malou (DEN) def. FOUROUCLAS, Natasha (RSA) 3-6 7-5 6-0

Malou is now in (her first ever?) ITF Semi final!
Well done!
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #24
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Well done Malou!

I thought she had lost when she not fast send home her info...

I once was in contact with a WTA/ITF players uncle, she fast send him the results if she won, but was slow if she lost, it was before there was Live scores from small WTA tournaments...

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #25
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Btw, I forgot and the Forum was slow, Malou's double partner this week don't have a good doubles record, she's better in Singles.

Old May 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #26
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome How will that effect her ranking?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #27
country flag angliru

It will definately be a new carreer high for Malou - probably in the top 900. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Malou has 8 WTA points or so before Durban. A SF in a 10K tournament will give her 6 points (a final 8 points, and a tournament win 12 points). If she loses the SF, she'll probably have 14 WTA points, which should be just enough to lift her into top 900.

At the moment a player needs a total of 20 points to get into top 800; 28 points to get into top 700; 40 points to get into top 600; 60 points to get into top 500 (very approximate figures!). But she's got a good start in Durban!
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #28
country flag angliru

There's a picture of Malou in Durban posted at The South African Tennis Association Blog Day 4 report:

From the blog - about Malou's match:
Quote:
Malou Ejdesgaard from Denmark who upset the 4th seed Sanaa Bhambri IND (4) yesterday, nearly had her success cut short by South African Natasha Fourouclas who won the first set 6-3 and was close to winning in two before Malou fought back to 5-5 before taking the second set 7-5. Fourouclas ran out of steam and Ejdesgaard went on to win the 3rd set 6-0 to secure her semi berth against the top seed tomorrow.
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #29
country flag angliru

From tennissporten.dk:

Quote:
Malou Ejdesgaard still plays well in South Africa and she is now in the semifinals after a victory over Natasha Fourouclas from South Africa 3-6 7-5 6-0. Malou writes:

I played a tough match today in 35 degrees heat [95°F] and sunshine. I lost the first set 3-6 after many long rallies. I was down 4-5 and 00-30 in the second set, but after that I played really well and won the set 7-5 and then the third set 6-0. I fought my way through and final set was especially good. There I was on top and felt comfortable. My struggle lasted three hours again like the previous two matches, and I'm a little sore in my shoulder now that I know have been injured. But fortunately, my father is with me, and he is massaging me after every match. I will play semi finals tomorrow against the 1st seed from India (Venkatesha, WTA-395).
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #30
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

its tough down in the lower ranks... I hope she stays fit and gets the win in the semi.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote