How was Steffi Graf career in early 90s,if she had no dad scandal in 1990 ? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #61
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all
Re: How was Steffi Graf career in early 90s,if she had no dad scandal in 1990 ?

Angus - you sound very disturbed, mate. Please get yourself some professional help.

Last edited by Rollo : Jun 10th, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
Pat Bateman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #62
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
Angus - you sound very disturbed, mate. Please get yourself some professional help.
I didn't know this compatriot( Angus ),but he's very one-sided and not objective.Fortunately we meet on this forum some open-minded Steffi's fan like Irma and RKM for example .
Angus grow up
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #63
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
It was not that simple really. Seles had the clear edge over Graf in Slam finals from 1990-1993, while Graf had the edge in the smaller tourneys I guess. In 1991/1992 Seles lost to Sabatini twice and to Sanchez at least once.

In Slams though (bar Wimbledon), Seles had the edge over pretty much anyone from 1991 on until the ending of her first career.
I was talking about h2h's where Seles didn't have a clear dominance. Their h2h during 90-93 was 5-4.
Seles won two matches in 1990 while the h2h during 91-93 was on Graf's favor 3-2. I also said that Seles was beating everyone else which also could be related somwhow with your point about Monica winning all the important tourneys.
nat75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #64
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The first three pages of this thread were so much fun...
Yes they were. With some luck and civility we'll get some of that fun back

But what WON'T happen in this thread is a Graf-Seles food fight between a few crazy fanatics

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it will be done with respect for each other or Rollo will get out the hammer.

When a disruptive person comes in again please shoot me private message so I can nip it in the bud.

Thanks to the 95% of you who make it pleasure to be the mod here.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #65
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
It was not that simple really. Seles had the clear edge over Graf in Slam finals from 1990-1993, while Graf had the edge in the smaller tourneys I guess. In 1991/1992 Seles lost to Sabatini twice and to Sanchez at least once.

In Slams though (bar Wimbledon), Seles had the edge over pretty much anyone from 1991 on until the ending of her first career.
Sabatini led Graf 7-1 in head to head matches between 1990 and 1992 GOATini, not Seles, the only one responsable for Graf´s "slump"
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #66
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
Sabatini led Graf 7-1 in head to head matches between 1990 and 1992 GOATini, not Seles, the only one responsable for Graf´s "slump"

At least you're funny.

It is also possible that when Seles beat Graf the first few times, in Berlin and RG `90, Graf got demoralized by Seles so she started losing to the likes of Sabatini and Sanchez while Seles at that time always had the mental edge at the big tourneys over her competitors.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #67
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #68
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

My patience with some posters in this thread is finished

Please read post 64 everyone. I shall ban the next deliberately inflammatory person from the Blast and pursue that ban across the board if he or she continues to try and disrupt this thread. Junior posters in particular should be careful.

Last edited by Rollo : Dec 3rd, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #69
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Please post this in the related thread-thank you

Last edited by Rollo : Jun 18th, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #70
country flag nat75

Well, Gaby always has nice things to say about Steffi and I trust her.
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 05:19 PM   #71
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
Well said Pat. I find it hilarious that over the years Ive heard many grafanatics go on about how Monica should have been back on tour a month or two after the stabbing because the wound was 'superficial' and that her absence shouldnt be held against Steffi
It shouldn't and (believe it or not) it isn't held against Steffi.

Of course, in the alternate Selestial parallel universe, Steffi is probably personally guilty of the stabbing herself - the stabber was supposedly merely executing her explicit orders, right? Wrong! Outside your upside down twisted alternate universe the stabbing is 0% Steffi's own fault.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 12:13 AM   #72
country flag Claycourter

Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future

Simple. Without personal problems and bad back, Steffi would have at least 25 slams right now, while Seles would 5 or less.
Claycourter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 02:15 AM   #73
country flag austinrunner

austinrunner has disabled reputation

What if Graf had never existed?
austinrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote