How was Steffi Graf career in early 90s,if she had no dad scandal in 1990 ? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #16
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Re: How was Steffi Graf career in early 90s,if she had no dad scandal in 1990 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
If irma won't explain it, I will but you won't like my version.
no problem,please do it.
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #17
country flag tanaja

tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Like Irma's take on the subject. Since Steffi does not care how many GS she won, the interesting question just from discussion stand point would be: How would Steffi Graf's career be if she responded to Agassi's pursuit in 1991-92 period ?
Hmmmm... they could still have 30 GS together. And two kids(sooner?).
But would Steffi have 8 GS and Andre 22?
And no meth for Andre.

That was just a joke. I hope nobody is offended.

There would be a lot of pressure, I am sure. I wonder... would their lives be easier? What do others think?

Maybe their relationship would survive and they would also have great careers (Steffi 22 GS and Andre 8 or more).
But maybe they wouldn't be able to cope with pressure.
tanaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #18
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

For me she won atleast 2 of 3 slams(french,wim,us) in 90.and i can bet you that she won wimbledon for sure.if it was happend ,then she equals 8 wimbledons record and 6 consecutive wimbledons. WE ARE ONLY HUMAN ,NOT A GOD OR SATAN TO TELL THE FUTURE OR IMAGINARY SUBJECTS
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #19
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

I can't talk about the rose and the horse. It's too painfull

But thank goodness we always have Paris!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #20
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Horse??
nat75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #21
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

This picture serves as proof that the late 80s and early 90s was a fashion disaster-LOL. Steffi had loads of company though-those gad-awful prints on shirts were worn by all the pros. And whatever she wore those legs were always world class.
I always liked the design she wore in 1988, the one with the stars. I thought it was cool at the time.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #22
country flag grafan92

grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold

I too liked the 88 one, and the 89 one too.
grafan92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #23
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I always liked the design she wore in 1988, the one with the stars. I thought it was cool at the time.
Yep-the stars design was kind of cool. I think the whole abstract thing was good until turned into a trend -they took a unique idea and ran it into the ground.

At least the bad hair era was going out by this time. Some of the hair cuts Chris Evert and Martina had were plain scary-LOL. Call me a purist but I think Chris, Martina, and Steffi looked best with straight hair.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #24
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

The stars design covered all of her shirt-yes? Maybe it's the shoulder only look from the pic above that throws it off.
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #25
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

I think the difficulties predated the stuff with her father - 1989 already fed up with tennis, pressure, hassle and thinking about quitting tennis for track. Wasn't it around then she had her bedroom painted black too (which I noticed Agassi did also from his book - destiny indeed!)? I think the 1989-92 phase was difficult for her in multiple ways of which the father was only the most visible - a lot of growing up, sorting out, she had that photographer boyfriend in NY those years too who no doubt was good for all kinds of growing up :-) But parents didn't like him apparently etc. Some tension with Slozil too I think both over the growing up issues and on curt difficulties. By 1992, she had Heinz as her coach and starting to sort herself out a bit as well as starting to learn to deal with the father stuff.

She would have looked so much better in the styles the girls wear now!
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #26
country flag nat75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
The stars design covered all of her shirt-yes? Maybe it's the shoulder only look from the pic above that throws it off.

Liked the violet design better:

And, yeah, the 80's/early 90's were unfortunate. For both fashion and hair cuts.

Last edited by nat75 : May 4th, 2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old May 4th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #27
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it made much of a difference - Monica was simply too good.
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #28
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
no problem,please do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat75 View Post
Horse??
irma and I have been having an ongoing argument for about ten years now.

Basically whilst Steffi won lots of matches she never was adored in the way that Sabatini was.

While someone named a rose after Sabatini and she had a line of perfumes that sold on her popularity, Steffi had nothing in comparison .

Then, to add insult to injury, someone (out of sympathy) felt that something should be named after Steffi.

So what did he/she pick:

a) A flower ?

b) A palace ?

c) A diamond ?

I'm afraid it was none of the above, it was a horse.

Yes, that's right: a horse.

It is obvious that Steffi lost those five times in a row against Gaby not because Gaby was better but because she was fixated on the fact that she was an ugly horse facing a beautiful rose.

Of course, in the end she remembered that horses eat roses.

Last edited by Kart : May 4th, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #29
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
I can't talk about the rose and the horse. It's too painfull

But thank goodness we always have Paris!
I think you mean we'll always have Florida .

Paris is best forgotten .
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #30
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Thanks for the story Kart!

Chris Evert also had a horse named after her. There was quite a stir when news headlines read "Chris Evert Pregnant"--it was the horse who was expecting-not the unmarried tennis star.