Describe your playing style ! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #91
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Describe your playing style !

My game changes all the time. I've found a style that I like, and it's relatively relaxed. At the moment it's...
Serve: A lot stronger than it used to be since I changed my motion. It's still incredibly dodgy, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's quite powerful and I try aim for the corners, which I managed to do most of the time. I used a continental grip for my serve.
Forehand: I favour my inside out forehand. It's a shot with a lot of spin, but it moves quickly and lands deep a lot of the time and I occasionally hit it flatter. I can hit a forehand slice and forehand dropshot quite well with little chance of it failing, but they're not 100%. I used to hit with a fairly eastern grip, but I've recently opted for a semi-western/western grip.
Backhand: I have a double-handed backhand. I also hit this with a lot of spin. It's a little bit weaker than my forehand, but I can hit a lot of angles with it. My backhand slice and dropshot are also quite good, but sometimes I over-spin it and it doesn't make it over the net. I prefer to hit my backhand above shoulder height too.
Volleys: My volleys are alright, but they could do with improving. I react quickly, so I don't feel to uncomfortable going to the net and I'm tall and I have a big wingspan, so I can stretch easily. I don't really hit smash volleys. I prefer to hit them after they bounce, or hit a swing volley.
Smashes: Like I said, I prefer to hit them after they bounce. They're quite good, but I rush myself sometimes and hit them right into the net or they go out.
Movement: I'm pretty fast and can react quickly, but after knee surgery, ankle injuries, a back injury and my other knee being injured I sometimes give up chasing the ball. I can also slide quite well. I don't really run out of energy easily, unless my knees or ankles are hurting when I let that get to me, so I can get to the ball quite well.
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006

Victoria Azarenka | Li Na | Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Serena Williams | Heather Watson | Sloane Stephens
Keegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #92
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute

I have no game.
I kinda play like Dokic at her worst. Hitting the back fence over and over again.
Slutati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #93
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutati View Post
I have no game.
I kinda play like Dokic at her worst. Hitting the back fence over and over again.
It's not your fault you're shorter than the net.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #94
country flag Slutati
The Most Lovely Member

Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute Slutati has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
It's not your fault you're shorter than the net.
It's true.
Slutati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #95
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Serve: A mess.
Forehand: A mess.
Backhand: A mess.
Volleys: A HOT mess. Sometimes i miss the ball completely (the ball floats slowly past my racket )
Smashes: Too scared.
Movement: like a grandma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #96
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute

I try to serve and volley, and chip and charge..

I have a terrific backhand, hit all four corners from anywhere on the court. It's always solid, and dependable, I just run into problems when my forehand breaksdown and I try to over-compensate. My movement gets lazy, and my forehand goes off when that happens.

I'm not the quickest, but I cover the court well. If I'm in position, I hit with a lot of power.

My serve is usually pretty solid, I can hit the corners and also hit a decent kick serve (which I serve and volley with).

My volley is... eh. It's getting a lot better, but still not where I'd like it. The serve and volleying is more of an intimidation tactic than anything Worked great in high school tennis!
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #97
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Forehand: Great!! But sometimes can be bad, it depends on the day but it's usually nice
Backhand: standard
Volleys: Meh... you can't call them bad.... neither good
Smashes: OK
Movement: very nice it's my best part I move pretty well on court

My playing style is agressive baseliner, my worse part is that I usually miss easy shots in the middle of the court, and that can be a pain, also I don't have a very reliable serve. My best parts are my speed and my dropshots, which I'd say are nice I'm 1,80 which means that I should have a good serve because of my tallness... well I'l tell you something, being tall doesn't help you at all with this!!

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 05:08 AM   #98
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay asbestos View Post
Forehand: A mess.
Backhand: A mess.
Volleys: A HOT mess. Sometimes i miss the ball completely (the ball floats slowly past my racket )
Smashes: Too scared.
Movement: like a grandma
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #99
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute

First Serve: If it's in, it's awesome... 35% only, unfortunately
Second Serve: 100% in, very weak...
Forehand: good top spin, rather slow
Backhand: one handed backhand slice, insecure double-handed backhand
Volleys: worst net player ever!
Smashes: 50% point, 50% fault
Movement: my strength, I get every ball

My style is mostly defensive with some counter-punching skills. I hit loads of lobs and I run after every ball, I get every stop; weak against good net players tho. If I attack, then out of the defense... weak net players will be passed every time!
JaJa / TaTo

Amric / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #100
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Serve: a mess, but is getting less hot.
Forehand: my "weapon". It's pretty good, but a bit inconsistent.
Backhand: I'm facing the hard realization that I can't play a single hander like Justine. The double-hander seems the more natural shot, and the interesting thing is that as soon as I switched (almost immediately), my whole game improved, especially the forehand. Suddenly I can open my shoulders a lot more, hit more through the ball and the shots stopped being so wristy and elbowy. I find that quite interesting.
Volleys: it's probably my favorite part of the game. Technique sucks but I have decent reactions. I like that there's so much feel in volleying.
Movement: meh. Decent footwork but not very fast reaction times.

I find that most beginners play like Ana Ivanovic. Maybe she's regressing to where she belongs.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #101
country flag goroos1994

goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all goroos1994 is a name known to all

Serve: Good first serve, but very flat. Weak second serve.
Forehand: Works on my good days, but inconsistent.
Backhand: Two-handed backhand. My favourite shot.
Movement: Pretty good. I'm on the run alot which is where I need help with forehands.
Volleys: Bad.
Smashes: Horrific. 70% of the time I smash the ball out of the court.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #102
country flag Lachrymarum
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute Lachrymarum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Serve: Non-existant. I'm lucky when I get the ball in the box. Luckily, my serves are so slow that sometimes I'm able to catch my opponent off guard with how slow they are that my opponent thinks its going to be an easy return winner but they hit an error.

Backhand: Non-existant. I can sometimes hit a backhand on the run but usually I run around my backhand to hit a forehand. If I'm forced to hit from the backhand side, I either moonball or try and change up the pace so I can be sure to hit a forehand the next shot.

Forehand: My best and only semi-reliable shot. Sometimes I play double handed just to use more power but if I'm in the center of the court, I try to dictate with a single handed forehand. My problem with the forehand is that in tense times, it completely breaks down and then I have to play 2 handed the whole time which is more work then I want to do.

Net Play: Semi-existant. I have really bad net poistioning so when I rush the net, I usually come in too close so it's really easy to hit a passing shot on me. However, if I can get my racquet on the ball, I can usually hold my own at the net and lobs don't scare me at all cause I'm fast enough to get to the back of the court and return the ball.

Mental Strength: Non-existant. When I have the slightest notion that I'm playing decent or if I have the smallest lead (could be 3-1, 2-0 etc.) my game falls to pieces. Thats when I start cussing, screaming, slamming my racquet on the ground, slamming my racquet against my calf, slapping my thigh, yelling at my invisible coach, and asking "Why am I afraid to win?" thats of course after saying a couple times "Fuck me. Fuck my serve."
Enjoyed your comments

Serve: First serve can be somewhat of an asset. I'm very inconsistent, however, when it comes to the first serve. I'm much better serving on the deuce side. My second serve is definitely a weakness. I'm thrilled just to get the ball over the net and into the correct area. Second serve is very much attackable.

Backhand: By far my better side. Double-handed and I can put a good deal of oomph into my shot. Problem is that I tend to make a lot of errors and over hit my shots. Favorite shot is the inside-out backhand.

Forehand: Weak, weak, weak. This is when you see me throwing down my racquet and yelling obscenities like a mad person.

Net Play: What's that? Actually I am getting better at coming to net and staying there. Just a matter of playing more doubles and getting some confidence.

Movement: Probably my strongest area. Very quick on the court - especially coming to net. Love to run.

Mental Strength: Hmmm.....well this is another area that needs attention. I'm much better mentally when I'm down.....I just figure I have nothing to lose. It kind of depend on who I'm playing.
Mattek-Sands...Halep...Hsieh
Lachrymarum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #103
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah I forgot about the mental side of my game, well I would call myself a....

CHOKER

A month ago I lost 3 matches in a row after winning the first set... And it was my fault

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #104
country flag Betten

Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future Betten has a brilliant future
Describe your playing style !

Serve: It's pretty decent. I can get the ball in play, but I do have some trouble aiming it. My placement can get pretty predictable after a while, especially in a tight match, so I try to add some spin or slice to it every now and then.

Forehand: I'm actually in the process of switching from a two-hander to a one-hander. When I was younger I wasn't that strong to use the giant racket my parents had found for me, so I had to use two hands to swing it. I have a better racket now and I'm stronger too, but it's still a difficult transition. I think it mainly has to do with confidence. Because it isn't very reliable right now I tend to slice it. Definitely my weaker side.

Backhand: Your typical double-handed backhand. It's a solid stroke; not very strong, but I can aim it pretty well and create some nice angles with it.

Return: I tend to move to my forehand side when receiving, trying to lure the server into serving to the open (but stronger) backhand side. Other than that, I simply try to put the ball safely back in play, regardless of how weak the serve might be (I'm really scared of overhitting anything). I'm trying to incorporate some chip-and-charge though.

Net Play: I love to come forward and put away a weak shot with a volley. It's definitely my favourite part of the game. A nice volley is so much more satisfying than a winning groundstroke IMO. Not too good at smashing though.
Betten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #105
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

First Serve: ok, sometimes I'm able to hit an Ace, but it's not the hardest serve ever, it switches often between 35-75%

Second Serve: Oh yeah, it depends on my mood, it can be ok aswell or really bad and slow without any placement at all

Forehand: My best shot, one-handed, really hard and I'm trying to bash like Marta Sometimes I also play some with my ankle and try to take out the pace of the ball but to place it very good It often ends up with some UE's from my opponent

Backhand: Surprisingly good I make far less faults with it then with the forehand Its two-handed, and with no real power, but the placement seems good

Netplay: LOL, it's miserable I see the balls comming short, run towards the net and then I don't know what to do wheter to slice it back, to hit it deep or just try to lop

Smashes: NO COMMENT

Movement: For my weight, really good

Adrian. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote