Describe your playing style ! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #61
Vaidisova Ruled

Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future
Re: Describe your playing style !

how do you people know how hard do you serve?
I have never been in a club where there is this machine, and I usually play in good tennis clubs...

“They are definitely a good example of how local communities can overcome the ‘victim syndrome,’ take greater control over their lives and build productive futures for themselves,” Ms. Sharapova said - UN Goodwill Ambassador
Vaidisova Ruled is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #62
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaidisova Ruled View Post
I have never been in a club where there is this machine, and I usually play in good tennis clubs...
My tennis club has a few of them and some tennis tournaments have places where you can go and find the speed of your own serve as well.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #63
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds more realistic.

Anyone can give me some tips on how to improve my serve? I mean, I just can't seem to be able to swing fast My ground game is good, but I see myself barely winning against players I used to beat easily years ago just cause they're improving their serves as they grow and become stronger yet I can't
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #64
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try..

Forehand: My best shot. It's the shot I really look to take the initiative on and step into. It's also my best shot on the run (I love hitting running lasoo forehand ala Davenport except I probably brush up too much so it's more like Nadal's). Not surprisingly it's also the one that makes the most errors.

Backhand: 2 handed. It's very consistent and I do try to step into it but I'm just more comfortable doing it on the forehand which is why I'd say it's my best shot. My backhand takes pace well, but it's more difficult to create it.

Serve: My worst shot. I just can't rely on it. It's good when I get on a roll but can go off anytime. My second serve has basically nothing on it.

Return: I definitely feel better about my chances to break than hold. I love returning fast serves and also love smacking second serves. My favourite return is to hit hard right down the middle. I struggle with high kick serves though. For me the game is simpler when returning than serving. I feel I can set up the point better when I'm getting back into court from a return, than when I'm landing from a serve.

Volleys: Used to be my worst shots, now one of my better ones. Especially in doubles where I'm all over the net (inspired by Cara Black ). There's no better feeling than intercepting a shot in doubles or reflexing back a fast volley. I can't explain how my volleys improved so much, just a better attitude towards them I guess - and now I enjoy doubles ALOT more than I used to. In singles I hug the baseline too much to go to net. Approaching the net is a big problem for me and getting the split step right.

My overall singles game consists mainly of my groundstrokes. My footwork is pretty good generally so it allows me to stay on the baseline and take the ball as it lands most of the time. I usually try to keep points short and hit quite flat, which results in alot of errors too. My biggest weakness, other than the serve, is just getting caught up in rallies and too easily moved out of position. I struggle to get the ball moving around the court too and too often I find I'm doing the running and my opponent is just standing there.

For the person who asked about standards, I'm a (LTA rating) 9.2 and usually compete in ratings tournaments and team leagues regularly. I'm aiming to move up this summer, as I did last summer.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #65
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I mean come on, if I could serve at 125mph consistently with direction and stuff, of course I would probably be a pro player I mean I thought it was obvious that I was talking about just bashing it in without placement, I think I even said it somewhere in this thread

Anyway what service action do you have? U Male or female?
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #66
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem. View Post
That sounds more realistic.

Anyone can give me some tips on how to improve my serve? I mean, I just can't seem to be able to swing fast My ground game is good, but I see myself barely winning against players I used to beat easily years ago just cause they're improving their serves as they grow and become stronger yet I can't
Read this topic on help with the toss..It really helped me
http://www.fuzzyyellowballs.com/foru....php?f=8&t=940

Also another thing is to get a fluid service motion..this excerise helps

Go get a towel and tie a knot in it. The towel should be about the length of your real racket the knot represents the racket head so you would hold the towel from the other side like its a tennis racket. Practice serving with the towel the objective of this is to make sure the knot in the towel dosent touch your back if it dosent you have a fluid motion and if it does you need to fix your motion to make it more fluid.

I hope that made sense If not I'll show you a video on how to do it
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #67
country flag Certinfy

While on this topic, how can I improve my volleys?
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #68
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Meh im not really a coach so just some general tips

-No backswing at all!
-Keep racket in front of you
-After you make contact freeze the racket
-Keep wrist firm
-Split step before each volley

Hope this helps
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #69
country flag Certinfy

Thanks will try do that when I play tennis My volleys are really bad
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #70
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thanks will try do that when I play tennis My volleys are really bad
I thhought that you will write that your volleys looks like Pete or Martina volleys
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #71
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaidisova Ruled View Post
We dont have in here but hello looks where I come from sooo Could not expect another thing about it
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #72
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaConti View Post
I thhought that you will write that your volleys looks like Pete or Martina volleys
R u being sarcastic?
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #73
country flag 1handedbackhand

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice

Quote:
What are the problems you have with your volleys right now?
Knowing that will help with giving you the right information to improve your volleys.
1handedbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #74

1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice 1handedbackhand is just really nice

I'm an all-court player.

I can play from all parts of the court and can play on the baseline taking the ball early and coming to net. I can also play behind the baseline hitting with lots of topspin and lots of defense.
I typically transition from both styles during matches and even during points.

My 1 handed backhand is my strength. I have a good return of serve with it, and have the variety of a heavy topspin shot, flattened shot, low slice, dropshot and slice lob.

My serve is my next biggest weapon. It's not the biggest but I can place the ball in each corner in the duece and ad court. I also have the variety of a flat serve, slice serve and kick serve and regularly mix those up. This is very important for me, especially for those players that have no trouble blocking back a flat serve, but give them a kick serve with spin and they struggle.
The ability for me to put different spins on the ball on the very first shot and place it well means that I am starting each point in good standing.

I also love to hit overheads and like when people attempt to lob me.

My tactics are to use the angles to open up the court and come to net to finish the point.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #75

I'm always very skeptical about serve speed claims.

1. Most people have not faced a 100mph serve. It's a lot faster than you think. You may feel that you are hitting your serve hard, but really are not. Most people don't even know what they look like when playing. It is a wake up call. Try it out and see.
A lot of players are very delusional about their games.
The reason I say that is, to get above 100mph on your serve, requires VERY good technique, flexibility and timing. Most rec players try to force the pace which destroys timing and flexibility and breaks down the technique (If they had it to begin with)

2. Most players do NOT serve 125mph. That is a ridiculous assertion. Professional male players will often times average under 110mph first serve. To assert that lost of players are serving at 125mph is incorrect.

3. You do not need to serve at 125mph to have a good serve. Can you place your serve in each corner of the box 8/10 times?
Can you hit a side spinning slice serve that hits the side line a quarter way up?
Can you hit a kick serve that curves and then kicks up and to the left of your opponent?
Can you throw in the flat serve to each corner?

If you can do the above at 90mph, you are in possession of a GOAT serve for recreational player standards. This serve alone is SOLID for WTA top 50 level.